In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 26th, 2021 at 7:38:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2021/02/26/faa-fines-delta-air-lines-passenger-flight-attendant-assault/6836145002/
WTF
Just a 27.5k fine
How about jail time
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 26th, 2021 at 11:22:48 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: fleaswatter
I agree, WOW, that is fantastic!

I hope that they will be selling replicas. It would be GREAT to own.

Do you think Trump is perfect?
Is their anything you can criticize him on
I can easily criticize Biden
Take that Saudi Prince. Makes me sick Biden not holding him accountable for murder
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 27th, 2021 at 4:07:32 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Take that Saudi Prince. Makes me sick Biden not holding him accountable for murder

Fareed Zakharia made a fool of himself last night discussing the Saudi Prince having Khasoggi killed. Said that even though we are not doing anything about it, at least Biden is holding him accountable while Trump did not hold him accountable! It was double speak at its finest.

Ed.... what EXACTLY do you want us to do to the Crown Prince to hold him accountable?
February 27th, 2021 at 4:47:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Fareed Zakharia made a fool of himself last night discussing the Saudi Prince having Khasoggi killed. Said that even though we are not doing anything about it, at least Biden is holding him accountable while Trump did not hold him accountable! It was double speak at its finest.

Ed.... what EXACTLY do you want us to do to the Crown Prince to hold him accountable?

Maybe Biden should say "BAD BOY?!"
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2021 at 5:09:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined

The report has been out for some time. Trump decided to not release it to the public because he feared it would cause a divide.

At least Biden released it.

And, to be fair Biden at least called the King to say "the rules are changing" ...... Trump was huge on sucking up to Saudi Arabia and did everything that he could to cover the report.

To say Biden has done nothing is not quite fair. So far there is a freeze on all weapons sales to Saudi Arabia. And, there are rumors that there may be a freeze on assets owned by the Prince (and eventually seizure). There are also rumors of other sanctions.

Unfortunately this is not uncommon. Google "Saudi Man flees to country after X" , many times in America (and yes I know this happened in Turkey) various local crimes from drunk driving, to killing pedestrians while driving, to racking up a bunch of fines and not paying, and then they just leave and don't return. This happens in other countries quite often too, the Royal Family and wealthy families in Saudi Arabia feel very entitled.....

MBS is a very dangerous person, and this is a trend in theocracies. The young tend to be more extreme. This is a country where ideally there would be a change in leadership, but that would be a very challenging task.
February 27th, 2021 at 4:48:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Another accuser steps forward, and walls are officially closing in on Andrew Cuomo.

Imagine if the Dems had listened to certain talking heads and replaced “weak candidate” Biden with Andrew Cuomo. 😂😂😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 27th, 2021 at 6:50:59 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: JimRockford
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2021/2/24/22298616/frys-electronics-going-out-of-business

Fry’s Electronics is shutting its doors for good

It was THE place to get a router or a hard drive when you needed one now and with Radio Shack long gone, it was the only place for tinkerers to get a resistor, diode, soldering accessories etc. On the other hand it was notorious for bad customer service, slapping a discount sticker on a returned item and putting it right back on the shelf and for demanding to look in your bag as you left the store.

February 27th, 2021 at 7:04:24 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Fry's was my savior after Radio Shack quit selling to hobbyists. Before the internet it was about the only place to buy diodes, resistors, capacitors, and even small IC's like 232 chips.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 27th, 2021 at 7:20:32 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Another accuser steps forward, and walls are officially closing in on Andrew Cuomo.

Imagine if the Dems had listened to certain talking heads and replaced “weak candidate” Biden with Andrew Cuomo. 😂😂😂

Then you’d have the result you wanted sooner.... President Harris....

I believe it was SOOPOO who said he heard Cuomo was not running because of skeletons in his personal closet. I guess SOOPOO was right!
February 28th, 2021 at 3:57:07 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The Love Guv gave this speech before the Me Too movement immediately ended, the moment Tara Reade accused Biden of pushing her against a wall and shoving his fingers into her.