In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 29th, 2021 at 3:05:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
The NY local media reports on three or four of these attacks every day. Many more are going unreported. This is the most violent one reported in the past 24 hrs.

The attacks have been going on for decades, but now, the attacks are constant. It is at the point where the National Guard should be brought in to protect the Asian community.

How does this happen what with the mayor who got rid of all those mean policies started under Rudy?
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2021 at 4:59:36 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Mission146
Does anywhere require SS card? Photo ID (such as Driver's License) and SS card are usually two different things entirely. I'd not support having a copy of the SS card being a requirement for anything on Earth except perhaps getting an ID in the first place.

In what cases is it not feasible? Not feasible compared to what? Voting on a specific day during a specified set of hours? Do you want that people should go door-to-door and just collect ballots/vote in person for other people? I don't know how much more, "Feasible," voting needs to be than to have a reasonably wide window to get a copy of ID and mail it in.

My suggestion to you vis-a-vis military ID would be to get a driver's license if you don't have one, or a non-operator's license. Or a passport. You're the one who wants to vote by mail, so live with it.

I can't imagine that anyone would be prosecuted for using a copy of Military ID in order to vote.

What point of food and drinks? I never said I agreed with that part of the law. My post was 100% about ID for vote by mail.

I think it would hinder someone from filling out ballots on behalf of a family member who is of sound mind and body without their permission. Again, I can't imagine that too many family members would actually pursue charges were they to find out after the fact.

I would need to do more research, but I think if you do not have a photo ID you need an SS card and a BC mailed in to verify.

The military ID is not obtuse, many people who are activated an oversees only have their military ID. And, yes this is something that is enforced. The only rare exception is certain secure medical places that need to scan a copy of your ID for medical purposes.

I agree that mail in ballots are more reasonable that a specific date and time. But, I am still not convinced that copying an ID and mailing it with your ballot makes any difference.

For examples the process to request a mail in ballot is pretty secure. You have to go online or call and request one with your personal information, it gets mailed to your address of record and receive updates via email and text on the status of the ballot. If somebody claimed my ballot (other than me) I would quickly know. The idea that somebody can easily request a bunch of mail in ballots that are not related to them is just not how it happens. There is already a signature verification and random audits of people who voted by mail. I just don't see how requiring a copy of an ID adds any more security. The primary example you bring up (and not just you it is a trend by that view), is people who live with people who are senile or mentally inept having their ballot filled out by others in their household. This is simply not a valid concern. If you are so far gone that others in your household take care of your mail, and personal affairs without your knowing, they will have easy access to your ID without you knowing. I am sure them signing it would trigger a realization of what is being sent for them far more than an ID scan. The idea that mailing a copy of your ID will change any of this, I just do not see it (and their certainly is not any evidence for it).
March 29th, 2021 at 5:21:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

The military ID is not obtuse, many people who are activated an oversees only have their military ID. And, yes this is something that is enforced. The only rare exception is certain secure medical places that need to scan a copy of your ID for medical purposes.

They should also have a passport, the top of all ID forms. FWIW I have to show my ID at the doctor's all the time.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2021 at 5:33:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
They should also have a passport, the top of all ID forms. FWIW I have to show my ID at the doctor's all the time.

Why are you at the doctors all the time?

You ok?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 29th, 2021 at 5:40:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Quote:
President Joe Biden has predicted that life in the US could be back to normal by Christmas, and as more Americans are vaccinated each day, these vaccine credentials -- commonly called "vaccine passports" -- could be key to a return to normalcy by the end of the year.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 29th, 2021 at 5:43:36 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I think that is why medical is an exception for the military ID laws. But, you do not need a passport for military travel (unless you are in a country that requires one, in which case you will get the service passport, but it can only be used for military travel).

My regular passport actually expired during COVID I believe, and I have not yet bothered to renew it because there is no point. I don't know if an expired passport would be acceptable with the GA rules (I would need to reread them), but I don't think (could be wrong) expired ID is acceptable.
March 29th, 2021 at 7:44:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/tampa-bay-republican-proposes-new-election-bill-that-would-ban-giving-voters-water/

WTF
Another state
What is wrong with these Republicans
Its incredibly petty to do this simply because Trump lost
Does this really need to be a issue
Amazed at the pettiness of some republicans just because they lost. Punishing voters instead of running a better race next time. Gobsmacked
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 29th, 2021 at 9:22:37 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
For example I use my military ID to vote. It is illegal for me to scan or copy this ID. So besides putting my identity at risk, to vote by mail I also have to break Federal law (and/or risk negative personnel or security actions against me).... This law was not well thought out at all.... So there is no legal way for me to vote by mail under the new system. And, I like voting by mail even when not away especially with COVID scares and backlog at many sites.

Which is kind of ironic, because mail in voting was originally designed for people who were away for military reasons, and when people are oversees the only ID they likley have on them is their military ID which they cannot use (legally, GA would accept but you Risk Federal trouble). So this law is just a vicious circle of trying to block out certain groups in GA from voting.
Note:above quote is from the following link:http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/685/1419/#post164753

note: above quote is from the following link:http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/685/1421/#post164776

My goodness, it just amazes me what you are posting, both incorrect and misleading information. You are supposedly some sort of military person, reservist?? You claim that you cannot vote by mail because you only have a military ID. If this were actually true, a real military person who desires to vote by mail, would take the initiative and obtain some other form of ID (I find it hard to believe that you do not have a driver's license). Assuming you do not have a driver's license, you can obtain a FREE Georgia voter ID card here.

Not let's get back to your claim about copying your military ID. You need to read Department of Defense INSTRUCTION 1000.13 Identification (ID) Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, Their Dependents, and Other Eligible Individuals

I quote from enclosure 3, para 2a:
Quote:
Any person willfully altering, damaging, lending, counterfeiting, or using these cards in any unauthorized manner is subject to fine or imprisonment or both, as prescribed in sections 499, 506, 509, 701, and 1001 of title 18, United States Code (U.S.C.) (Reference (us)). Section 701 of Reference (us) prohibits photographing or otherwise reproducing or possessing DoD ID cards in an unauthorized manner, under penalty of fine or imprisonment or both. Unauthorized or fraudulent use of ID cards would exist if bearers used the ard to obtain benefits and privileges to which they are not entitled. Examples of authorized photocopying include photocopying of DoD ID cards to facilitate medical care processing, check cashing, voting, tax matters, compliance with appendix 501 of title 50, .S.C. (also known as “The Service member’s Civil Relief Act”) (Reference (vt)), or administering other military-related benefits to eligible beneficiaries. When possible, the ID card will be electronically authenticated in lieu of photographing the card.
note: emphasis above is mine

You are also wrong about military personnel overseas with respect to ID's but I will not waste more of my time educating you. I think that you need to do some studying of military rules, regulations and prodceedures.
Let's go Brandon
March 30th, 2021 at 2:08:29 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
How does this happen what with the mayor who got rid of all those mean policies started under Rudy?

Between Rudy and Bloomberg, we saw twenty consecutive years of falling crime rates. By the end of Bloomberg’s final term, murders were down 82% and overall crime was down 75%. Just before Bloomberg’s term ended, Obama threatened a federal oversight of the NYPD. Bloomberg was forced to back off his successful ‘stop, question, frisk’ policy, in order to prevent a federal takeover of the NYPD, which would have turned the city into another Washington DC. deBlasio managed to keep crime from spiking during his first term. Then Cuomo signed the ‘no bail’ law, which put thousands of criminals back on the streets and caused a massive spike in murders, shootings and overall crimes. Those attackers in the videos, will be released within hours if they are arrested. In 2020, NYC was forced to release 3,000 gun suspects, thanks to Cuomo. This one was released despite five open gun cases. On top of that, Cuomo’s hand picked parole board is paroling anyone that comes before it. Including cop killers. This cop killer shot an off duty Police Officer in the shoulder during a robbery. As the wounded officer lay on the floor, he walked up to him and shot him in the head. Cuomo’s parole board released him, and as an added insult to the family, he was appointed to a police reform panel. Cuomo’s parole board released this one, who served 40 years after he ambushed and executed two police officers. It’s all pandering for the black vote. His father’s motto was ‘always go where the votes are’.

It is working very well for him. Despite this, and his multitude of recent scandals, Cuomo still has a favorable rating with the NY voters. Sick.

Yesterday, this one kicked and stomped a 63 year old Asian woman, while security guards watched and did nothing, except shut the door in her face. She fared better than the Asian woman who was smashed in the face with a metal pipe last week, by one of these creatures, as she was walking across the street.

Like all the others, he will be released within four hours, if he is arrested.
March 30th, 2021 at 2:58:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tanko
Between Rudy and Bloomberg, we saw twenty consecutive years of falling crime rates. By the end of Bloomberg’s final term, murders were down 82% and overall crime was down 75%. Just before Bloomberg’s term ended, Obama threatened a federal oversight of the NYPD. Bloomberg was forced to back off his successful ‘stop, question, frisk’ policy, in order to prevent a federal takeover of the NYPD, which would have turned the city into another Washington DC. deBlasio managed to keep crime from spiking during his first term. Then Cuomo signed the ‘no bail’ law, which put thousands of criminals back on the streets and caused a massive spike in murders, shootings and overall crimes. Those attackers in the videos, will be released within hours if they are arrested. In 2020, NYC was forced to release 3,000 gun suspects, thanks to Cuomo. This one was released despite five open gun cases. On top of that, Cuomo’s hand picked parole board is paroling anyone that comes before it. Including cop killers. This cop killer shot an off duty Police Officer in the shoulder during a robbery. As the wounded officer lay on the floor, he walked up to him and shot him in the head. Cuomo’s parole board released him, and as an added insult to the family, he was appointed to a police reform panel. Cuomo’s parole board released this one, who served 40 years after he ambushed and executed two police officers. It’s all pandering for the black vote. His father’s motto was ‘always go where the votes are’.

It is working very well for him. Despite this, and his multitude of recent scandals, Cuomo still has a favorable rating with the NY voters. Sick.

Yesterday, this one kicked and stomped a 63 year old Asian woman, while security guards watched and did nothing, except shut the door in her face. She fared better than the Asian woman who was smashed in the face with a metal pipe last week, by one of these creatures, as she was walking across the street.

Like all the others, he will be released within four hours, if he is arrested.

But ad least dey god wid of dem wascally wepublicans! Hopefully they are enjoying what they voted for.
The President is a fink.