In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 3rd, 2021 at 12:43:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
In what has become a regularly reoccurring result, a lawsuit filed by Rep. Devin Nunes (R) and his attorney Steve Biss has been tossed out of court — this time for good.

A federal judge in Virginia this week dismissed with prejudice the California congressman’s complaint against Fusion GPS, the research and investigative firm behind the production of the “Steele Dossier” in 2016. The dismissal means Nunes will not be afforded the opportunity to amend any deficiencies and re-file the case. Nunes had previously filed three different versions of the lawsuit that were dismissed without prejudice.

U.S. District Judge Rossie Alston of the Eastern District of Virginia, an appointee of Donald Trump himself, reasoned that Nunes failed to allege facts sufficient to show that any “association-in-fact enterprise” existed between the defendants as required to proceed under the civil RICO statute.

Nunes’s lawsuits have repeatedly been rejected by courts, but the litigious congressman — who infamously attempted to sue a fake cow and parody of his own mom — has continued to aggressively pursue litigation. His lawsuits against CNN, the Washington Post, and journalist Ryan Lizza have all been expectedly tossed by judges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/at-some-point-litigation-must-end-another-federal-judge-dismisses-another-devin-nunes-lawsuit/ar-BB1fh85s?ocid=undefined
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 3rd, 2021 at 12:58:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/at-some-point-litigation-must-end-another-federal-judge-dismisses-another-devin-nunes-lawsuit/ar-BB1fh85s?ocid=undefined

Didn't he try to sue a cow once
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 3rd, 2021 at 1:25:05 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Seen on Twitter:

“Matt Gaetz is everything the right wing was looking for in Hunter Biden.”

Boy are foxnews watchers in for a surprise
Except for a Tucker episode

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-hasnt-mentioned-matt-gaetz-in-almost-2-days-2021-4
"Fox News is silent on bombshell reports of Matt Gaetz's alleged sexual misconduct and possible sex trafficking of a minor"

Maybe they think it will just go away if they dont report this
If it was a Dem, foxnews would be on this like white on rice
Pretty sad
I am a news consumer and I want to know about all the dirtbags in congress regardless of party
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 3rd, 2021 at 3:45:18 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Black Lives Matter Activists Storm An Asian Nail Salon

Elderly Asian Couple Attacked By A Black Gang

Hmmmm, I thought that all the attacks on asians were done by white supremacists.
Let's go Brandon
April 3rd, 2021 at 4:56:44 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: fleaswatter

Hmmmm, I thought that all the attacks on asians were done by white supremacists.

sigh
It comes from everywhere unfortunately
April 3rd, 2021 at 11:15:23 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: Mission146
Quite a predicament: The more people talk down about Biden, the worse Trump looks for losing to him.

Nailed him to the fucking cross. Damn that was good. You nailed it. He won’t respond, at least cognitively, except for the usual bs spin.
April 3rd, 2021 at 11:37:52 PM permalink
terapined
Seems the latest right wing display I've seen is the tattered flag.
April 4th, 2021 at 10:12:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Maybe terapined is familiar with the area.

Quote:
Officials widened the evacuation zone late on Saturday from a dozen or so properties to more than 300 houses. The Tampa Bay Times interviewed some residents who were refusing to leave.

The pond at the abandoned phosphate mine sits in a stack of phosphogypsum, a radioactive waste product from fertiliser manufacturing. The pond contains small amounts of naturally occurring radium and uranium. The stacks can also release large concentrations of radon gas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-faces-imminent-pollution-catastrophe-from-phosphate-mine-pond/ar-BB1fioYh?ocid=msedgntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 4th, 2021 at 10:23:14 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine

Not really
I lived in Hillsborough county
This looks like a different county
April 5th, 2021 at 9:33:27 AM permalink
rxwine
“Cash me outside” became a weird meme from a Dr Phil guest.

Now this

Kkk Danielle Bregoli, the teen rapper known now as Bhad Bhabie and formerly as the “Cash Me Outside” girl, officially shattered an OnlyFans record on April 1 when she racked up more than $1 million in just six hours following her debut.

She shared a photo to her Instagram account that appeared to show her total earnings from the not-safe-for-work site at just over $1 million, including $757,526.08 from subscriptions, $267,675 from DM payments and $5,502.35 in tips. A representative from OnlyFans confirmed her record-smashing $1 million+ earnings to Page Six.