In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 6th, 2021 at 6:21:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Matt Gaetz asked Donny for a preemptive pardon in the waning days of Donny’s term.

Based on all that’s coming out, it seems like everyone in the GOP knew that Gaetz was destined to go down in flames and they just tried to keep their distance.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2021 at 7:03:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Matt Gaetz asked Donny for a preemptive pardon in the waning days of Donny’s term.

Based on all that’s coming out, it seems like everyone in the GOP knew that Gaetz was destined to go down in flames and they just tried to keep their distance.

Barr avoided him and the investigation started under him.
A preemptive pardon is pretty sleazy and not even sure its legal
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 7th, 2021 at 1:36:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Rates of Parkinson’s disease are exploding. A common chemical may be to blame
Researchers believe a factor is a chemical used in drycleaning and household products such as shoe polishes and carpet cleaners
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 7th, 2021 at 1:49:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Former Columbus Zoo Director Jack Hanna, 74, Diagnosed with Dementia,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 7th, 2021 at 4:41:58 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote:
Rates of Parkinson’s disease are exploding. A common chemical may be to blame
Researchers believe a factor is a chemical used in drycleaning and household products such as shoe polishes and carpet cleaners

If that is true then the rate should be falling. Nobody polishes their runners? Who has clothes that need dry cleaning? The floor covering of choice right now is hardwood or composite. None of those three things would be growing.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 7th, 2021 at 7:01:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288

Update: In a carefully worded statement, Donny says Gaetz never personally asked Donny for a pardon.

(Gaetz floated the idea to people close to Donny).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 8th, 2021 at 2:49:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Former Columbus Zoo Director Jack Hanna, 74, Diagnosed with Dementia

this must be a case of watching news sources I never tune into. Who in the hell is keeping up with zoo directors? Good Morning America type shows? That would explain why your post seems so bizarre to me.

I have no intention of looking up what the fooie Jack Hanna is about.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 8th, 2021 at 3:37:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
this must be a case of watching news sources I never tune into. Who in the hell is keeping up with zoo directors? Good Morning America type shows? That would explain why your post seems so bizarre to me.

I have no intention of looking up what the fooie Jack Hanna is about.

Agree. Did he do something special with zoos? Like pioneered getting rid of cages? Otherwise why would anyone notice?
The President is a fink.
April 8th, 2021 at 4:15:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
Good Morning America type shows.

He was a Johnny Carson regular feature. And later Joan Embry. And before that the guys from Wild Kingdom. Though I’m not sure if the Wild Kingdom guys brought on animals.
April 8th, 2021 at 4:20:19 AM permalink
rxwine
No one complained when I posted a saved by a bell character Dustin Diamond had cancer. What he do? He was just in my trivia bin.

: )