In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 5th, 2021 at 4:48:45 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
So you’re saying anyone here who says anything positive about Donny is the equivalent of a 6th grader. 🤣🤣🤣

The average 6th grader can see the positive things about Trump. Hard to understand why the average lefty doesn't have that level of intelligence.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 5th, 2021 at 4:52:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
The average 6th grader can see the positive things about Trump. Hard to understand why the average lefty doesn't have that level of intelligence.

I can see positive things about him!

Number one: he is no longer president.

See?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2021 at 5:02:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Maybe the grown man should have just let the kid’s swipe at Donny go unchallenged. Is that so hard? 😂

No telling what Trump himself would have said. "Punching down" was very Trumpian.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 5th, 2021 at 5:04:15 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman

The positives of Trump are very clear, he pretty much destroyed the Republican Party. Everyone was forced to become a populist or at least pretend to be or they are shunned.... It became Trump's party, and like every other organization he has led it is falling into shambles..... Normal Republicans like Mitt Romney and John McCain (yes I know he is not alive any longer, just an example) are being shunned and harassed at events.

The Trump Presidency was probably the greatest thing for the left in the last 30 years (politically speaking). I can say with confidence that there will not be another Republican Presidential candidate who wins the popular vote in my lifetime. And, quite possible never another Republican President, which is objectively a good thing. More States are turning blue (and there soon may be more States), so even the Senate is no longer safe options for conservatives to backlog ideas and cause delays. The Republican party will soon be a relic of the past (well it already is, but I mean in the sense of having power that matters). Yes, there will still be some States that are Red locally (State govs), but they will not be taken seriously, and when they do silly things like regressive social policies they will face backlash and sanctions from other states and corporations and quickly change.

The era of oppression is coming to an end, and Trump's defeat is a great personification of that.
May 6th, 2021 at 2:52:00 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Gandler
The Trump Presidency was probably the greatest thing for the left in the last 30 years (politically speaking). I can say with confidence that there will not be another Republican Presidential candidate who wins the popular vote in my lifetime. And, quite possible never another Republican President, which is objectively a good thing.
You may be right, but check back in with us after the mid-terms. Your confidence may waver a bit, I have a feeling it's going to be quite the reversal.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 6th, 2021 at 9:11:48 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: odiousgambit
You may be right, but check back in with us after the mid-terms. Your confidence may waver a bit, I have a feeling it's going to be quite the reversal.

Shhh....Gandler has it all figured out.
Let him be shocked when both Houses flip in 20 months.
It will be flabbergasting for him, he won't know what to do.
Thank God for the Oppression of Voter ID
No one will take the Yes side of HR 1 or HR 51 passing, it's all a pipe dream.
Smoke it while you got in Gandler!
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
May 6th, 2021 at 9:13:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09

You of all people should not criticize anyone else’s fan fiction.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 6th, 2021 at 9:27:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
???

Would love to know what ideas Biden hid from America in order to get elected.

Banning menthols.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 6th, 2021 at 9:28:18 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
I know, the risk of suspension scares the crap out of me.
Imagine not being able to post in this echo chamber cesspool
My life would be so incomplete.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
May 6th, 2021 at 9:36:53 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: JCW09

Eh, you have been saying Trump would win in a landslide. So, I am not sure your predictions are reputable. (unless you do still think Trump won, in which case your views are even more out of touch).

The Senate is the only house that has a small chance of ever flipping again (and that is getting less and less likley every cycle....)

As for those bills, I know nothing about either of them, so I don't know or care about their chances of passing.....

I can tell you Trump will not be President in 2024.