In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 4th, 2021 at 12:09:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tripdufan
Sure is nice having a competent government who knows how to get things done. It's laughable to me that people actually thought somebody with decades of experience in government wouldn't know how to run the government.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-migrant-children-border-patrol/

Like I said in an earlier post, the surge at the border WAS seasonal and it WAS predictable. It will remain a challenge moving forward but it is refreshing having a real POTUS.

#thanksBiden

It's nice have an adult in the Whitehouse who is quietly getting things done and not boasting nonstop about things that will never get done.
May 4th, 2021 at 12:13:03 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Joe may be old and entering into his dotage but even at that he's more than twice the man Trump will ever be.
May 4th, 2021 at 1:13:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
Sure is nice having a competent government who knows how to get things done. It's laughable to me that people actually thought somebody with decades of experience in government wouldn't know how to run the government.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-migrant-children-border-patrol/

Like I said in an earlier post, the surge at the border WAS seasonal and it WAS predictable. It will remain a challenge moving forward but it is refreshing having a real POTUS.

#thanksBiden

Predictable? I agree there, when you have a POTUS that basically wants open borders and amnesty it sure is!
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2021 at 1:15:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
Joe may be old and entering into his dotage but even at that he's more than twice the man Trump will ever be.

Only if your definition of a man is a weak beta owned by the liberal wing of his party.

How long has Biden even worked in the private sector? In college? His is a lifetime political clown.
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2021 at 2:24:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I want professional politicians running the country, not amateurs.

Pros know what they're doing, and how to get it done.

Unlike Trump, Biden has surrounded himself with competent people, steady hands familiar with how to govern.

Trump was the proverbial bull(shitter) in a china shop, in comparison.

Sure, Biden's a bit of a lefty but the reality is the country is drifting faster and further toward the left; I suppose that Trump and his insurrection could be best viewed as the last gasp of the old guard.

It's a new world: climb on board the hellbound train or get out of the way!

May 4th, 2021 at 2:32:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
I want professional politicians running the country, not amateurs.

Pros know what they're doing, and how to get it done.

Unlike Trump, Biden has surrounded himself with competent people, steady hands familiar with how to govern.

Trump was the proverbial bull(shitter) in a china shop, in comparison.

Sure, Biden's a bit of a lefty but the reality is the country is drifting faster and further toward the left; I suppose that Trump and his insurrection could be best viewed as the last gasp of the old guard.

It's a new world: climb on board

I do not want a political class. And I do not want the USA drifting left. Historically drifting left is a bad thing, the nations get more poor and less free. "Professional Politicians" are NOT a good thing. In fact they are scum. Living off the people and out for nothing but power. After slavery the biggest mistake of the Founders was not limiting political terms.

Biden is going to bankrupt the USA with his pork plans. But when the USD loses its reserve status and you are living in conditions like Venezuela at least you can say, "This is awful, but he did not make mean tweets!"
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2021 at 10:04:31 PM permalink
zoekale
Threads: 0
His answer to the question was cavalier and insensitive at the best . On the opposite hand, he's likely been asked an equivalent question many times before with an [Spam link redacted]boardersguide] americatools answer, and his followup response that [Spam link redacted]boardersguide spend their entire days doing spin is probably going correct, on each side of the aisle.
May 5th, 2021 at 4:19:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2021 at 4:28:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
No kidding
Trump hates some republicans more then Dems. Its all about King Trump
amazing
His statement on Cheney
"Heartwarming to read new polls on big-shot warmonger Liz Cheney of the great State of Wyoming. She is so low that her only chance would be if vast numbers of people run against her which, hopefully, won't happen. They never liked her much, but I say she'll never run in a Wyoming election again!"

How long until some idiots start referring to Liz Cheney as a “RINO?”

She’s as conservative as they come. She just didn’t sell her soul to the Trump Cult and she’s paying the price for it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2021 at 4:58:54 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Powell said he hopes not to raise interest rates before 2023. At 11AM yesterday, Yellen said interest rates may have to increase. That caused the Dow to immediately fall 100 points. Then she backed off and the Dow recovered to end up 20 points.

That shows how sensitive the market is, to even the hint of an interest rate hike.

Renovations on an apartment or home cost 25% more than they would have, one year ago. Lumber is up 340% in the past twelve months. Plumbing supplies up 20%. Drywall up 7%. Paint up 60%.

There are a number of reasons for these increases, aside from government policy, but sustained inflation above 2% could push the Fed to increase interest rates, which will likely cause a market correction, and a deflation of the housing bubble.

Manufacturers place market hedges against rising prices, and they are currently working through their inventories of supplies purchased at lower costs.

Unilever, General Mills, Proctor and Gamble, Kimberly Clarke, Coca Cola, and McDonalds, have all announced price increases in the mid to high single digits, which we will see this summer.

The CPI increased 0.6% in March. The largest increase since 2012.

The coming post-Covid spending boom, will probably push those prices higher. Which could force Powell’s hand.

Investors seem to be preparing for it. Last week investors pumped $53 billion into cash funds. The largest inflow since March 2020.