In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 2nd, 2021 at 12:08:12 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
There should be no insurance requirement on guns. Just another city trying to tax away the 2nd Amendment.

It is bad enough you need an ID to buy a gun as it keeps minorities from being able to buy one.

It depends, I don't think insurance should be required if you keep your gun in your home or exclusively on private property (like a range locker etc....)

However, when you carry a gun in public whether open or concelaed, that adds a whole new dynamic to gun ownership and you should be more responsible). I do think reasonable barriers for public carry to prevent any idiot from carrying items that can kill somebody in less than a second are fair.

I will say most people (at least that I personally know), who conceal carry (or in some cases open carry) legally are extra responsible, get all of the proper permits etc..., never drink while carrying, etc... , however I doubt that criminals who carry illegally follow any of these rules/common sense guidelines.

Personally I think open-carrying is generally foolish (unless you are actively hunting or something like that), and most people who make a show of it do it for political statements, most people who genuinely care about personal and public saftey quietly conceal carry, keep their card in their wallet, and don't make a big deal of it (and for the most part you probably would never know unless you know them)..... I am really not big on open carrying.
July 2nd, 2021 at 12:37:50 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
I do think reasonable barriers for public carry to prevent any idiot from carrying items that can kill somebody in less than a second are fair.

You mean like a knife?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 2nd, 2021 at 12:55:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
You mean like a knife?

Some States require such permits for such weapons (combat knives and swords) to be carried in public.

But, a gun and a knife are very different. An accidental discharge can kill and injury several people in a second, even the most skilled knife assassin in the world could not do that with intentionally. Guns can cause far more accidental damage (not not mention intentional damage). Guns are simply have more damaging potential.
July 2nd, 2021 at 1:29:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Any requirement to ‘buy insurance’ is stupid. (Extreme example)…. Should Warren Buffett need to buy insurance to carry a pistol? How about if he pays off any lawsuit that befalls him out of petty cash instead? Once I own a car and it is reasonably worth less than $10k (my 2014Sonata) I cease insuring it. Of course I still am required to get liability insurance by NY State, which I don’t agree with…. But insurance should be a decision each individual makes.
July 2nd, 2021 at 1:51:17 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: SOOPOO
Any requirement to ‘buy insurance’ is stupid. (Extreme example)…. Should Warren Buffett need to buy insurance to carry a pistol? How about if he pays off any lawsuit that befalls him out of petty cash instead? Once I own a car and it is reasonably worth less than $10k (my 2014Sonata) I cease insuring it. Of course I still am required to get liability insurance by NY State, which I don’t agree with…. But insurance should be a decision each individual makes.

There is such a thing as self insurance which extremely wealthy people can do (or large corporations that may have a lot of weapons being carried like security companies).

Self insurance is basically just that, a person with the means guarantees that they have the money for such a liability avaliable, for car insurance in some states you need to do some forms at the DMV for "proof of insurance", and it varies by State and type of insurance.... But, its not uncommon for wealthy individuals or even organizations to self fund certain insurances.

Car insurance should not be up to the individual. Too many cities and States got left with bills and paying for damage and cleanup fees which is why it is mandated. When you are putting large amounts of property at risk (driving on a public road) you need to be insured for the saftey of others, otherwise the State will end up with the bill..... Have you ever been in an accident with an uninsured driver who was at fault? If you have been you would know your chances of you or your insurance collecting the bill (virtually zero).....
July 2nd, 2021 at 5:27:49 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
In Nevada, Gov. Steve Sisolak asked the federal government for Federal Emergency Management Agency assistance in response to a wave of COVID-19 cases. The state currently has the highest weekly case rates per capita in the country, with 109 cases per 100,000 residents, according to CDC data.

Nevada reported 543 new cases, most from Clark County, and 11 new deaths on Thursday. The last time the state reported 11 deaths was near the end of April, per CBS affiliate KLAS.

The Silver State has a 14-day test positivity rate of 5.8%, which is above the World Health Organization's goal of 5%, and hospitalizations have doubled in the month of June, according to state data.
July 3rd, 2021 at 6:55:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Ukrainian authorities have found themselves buried in controversy after official pictures showed female soldiers practising for a parade in heels.

Several Ukrainian lawmakers close to Ukraine’s former president Petro Poroshenko showed up in parliament with pairs of shoes and encouraged the defence minister to wear high heels to the parade.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2021 at 6:52:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny not doing Allen Weisselberg any favors at his cult meeting tonight:

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinberg/status/1411493248502317056?s=21

😂
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 4th, 2021 at 3:09:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Some States require such permits for such weapons (combat knives and swords) to be carried in public.

But, a gun and a knife are very different. An accidental discharge can kill and injury several people in a second, even the most skilled knife assassin in the world could not do that with intentionally. Guns can cause far more accidental damage (not not mention intentional damage). Guns are simply have more damaging potential.

"Accidental discharge" really does not happen. If it does it is not going to "kill several people." It would mostly be a bullet hitting the ground.

What you might be talking about is someone fooling around and firing the gun. That is not "accidental discharge" that is more horseplay. Years ago on this forum someone kept saying how many people got hurt because the "gun went off when it was being cleaned" which is a phrase used to cover things up.

The insurance thing is just another liberal gun grab. They never give up trying to take our rights away. I look for SCOUTS to eventually throw it out.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2021 at 3:56:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
"Accidental discharge" really does not happen.

Just like voter fraud, then.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman