In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 14th, 2021 at 9:32:40 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Face facts, the Democrats would not have pushed for mail in ballots except to cheat. Simple as that. There was not one valid reason for mail in, yet the push was made. Ask yourself why.

Better yet, you should ask "Why not?"

We've had mail in ballots for many years here on the left coast, and it is great.

Makes voting quick and easy.

Also it probably leads to people voting more accurately; let me explain.

When I vote I first read the pamphlet to decide who I want, and keep the pamphlet with me when I fill in my vote on the mail in ballot.

People who must go to a polling booth are likely to forget who is who and just start checking off boxes, at least for the more local elections.

Oh, one question: do you object to people having ballots mailed to voters and then requiring them to physically return and drop them off at a designated ballot box / depository?

If that is OK, why isn't it OK to mail them in as opposed to dropping them off?
September 14th, 2021 at 10:21:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Better yet, you should ask "Why not?"

Because there are a ton of security issues. From chain of custody to not purging the voting rolls. Just go vote at the polls on election day. People too lazy do not need to vote. Voting is not ordering a pizza.
The President is a fink.
September 14th, 2021 at 10:32:48 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Because there are a ton of security issues. From chain of custody to not purging the voting rolls. Just go vote at the polls on election day. People too lazy do not need to vote. Voting is not ordering a pizza.

I don't know, a pizza seems to influence my life more than a politician.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 14th, 2021 at 10:43:04 AM permalink
missedhervee

Ah, spouting the party line I see, making claims as unsupported as the notion that the election was stolen.

They say the proof is in the pudding, and we've used mail in voting for decades without any problems of consequence: this pudding tastes just fine.

But hey, keep trying to enact roadblocks designed to intimidate and prevent marginalized folks from voting, as that's probably the only way the republicans can win, absent a sea change in the way things are going in America (young people vote / identify increasingly as democrats, eschewing the republicans as just so much soggy tofu).
September 14th, 2021 at 10:47:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Ah, spouting the party line I see, making claims as unsupported as the notion that the election was stolen.

Nope, my own thoughts before the party said anything.

Quote:
But hey, keep trying to enact roadblocks designed to intimidate and prevent marginalized folks from voting, as that's probably the only way the republicans can win, absent a sea change in the way things are going in America (young people vote / identify increasingly as democrats, eschewing the republicans as just so much soggy tofu).

How on earth is showing up a the polls, showing ID, and voting a "roadblock?" What's next, every minority gets a free Uber because otherwise they are incapable of getting to the polls?

Been hearing the "young people identify as Democrats" thing for 50 years.
The President is a fink.
September 14th, 2021 at 11:02:15 AM permalink
missedhervee
Mail in voting is great because it is CONVENIENT.

Having to travel to vote is a waste of time when a viable alternative such as mail in voting exists.

Again, we've been doing it for decades now WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS to speak of.

We'll never go back to clunky old voting booths: that is just SO last century ...

I suspect eventually we'll be voting by computer / internet and that's just fine.
September 14th, 2021 at 11:43:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m never gonna vote in person again if I don’t have to.

Absentee from here on out.

Righties are stuck in the past. As usual.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 14th, 2021 at 11:48:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Mail in voting is great because it is CONVENIENT.

Having to travel to vote is a waste of time when a viable alternative such as mail in voting exists.

Again, we've been doing it for decades now WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS to speak of.

We'll never go back to clunky old voting booths: that is just SO last century ...

I suspect eventually we'll be voting by computer / internet and that's just fine.

How hard is it to drive to the polling place? Talk about LAZY.

Need to show up in person for security. Low security is why Democrats push mail in. Cheating much easier.

Sure hope we never vote online, even less secure.

If some "minority" is too lazy to go to the polls to vote who cares?
The President is a fink.
September 14th, 2021 at 12:44:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
How hard is it to drive to the polling place? Talk about LAZY.

Why should we care if someone wants to be lazy for something that doesn't require driving? No good reason you could come up with, that' s for sure. Besides millions of people wouldn't be wasting gasoline.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 14th, 2021 at 12:53:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Why should we care if someone wants to be lazy for something that doesn't require driving? No good reason you could come up with, that' s for sure. Besides millions of people wouldn't be wasting gasoline.

I gave the reason, election security. Last election proved mail-in is not secure. It never will be.
The President is a fink.