In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 15th, 2021 at 4:43:09 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Newsome overcomes CA recall in landslide vote.

Or: “the Dems are getting even better at rigging elections!”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 15th, 2021 at 5:54:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Trust me, if there was enough hard evidence of the ‘stolen election’, Fox News would be all over it. As I’ve said before, I am sure there are a myriad of examples of individual examples of voter fraud, but not a coordinated effort significant enough to have Trump won over Biden. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t take means to prevent future voter fraud. I agree with AZ that an in person vote is more secure than a mailed ballot. But it is clear that those that favor security (AZ and me) are going to lose to those that favor convenience(ams, MrV, Rx). AZ mentions ‘too lazy’ a lot. Lazy does not preclude you from voting, apparently. Agree with ams that the future is non in person voting, and likely by computer within a few decades.
September 15th, 2021 at 6:44:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I agree with AZ that an in person vote is more secure than a mailed ballot.

Bah, if in person security was so important, you'd be at the bank in person every time showing license, fingerprints and retina scans, every time you did a financial transaction so someone didn't run off with your money.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 15th, 2021 at 7:21:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Bah, if in person security was so important, you'd be at the bank in person every time showing license, fingerprints and retina scans, every time you did a financial transaction so someone didn't run off with your money.

This is how secure your financial transactions are. No reason to believe that remote voting is any more secure.

"There were 1,387,615 reports of identity theft in 2020.
Government documents or benefits fraud was the most common type of identity theft in 2020 after an increase of 1,663% from 2019.
Those aged 30 to 39 reported the most cases of identity theft."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 15th, 2021 at 7:34:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
This is how secure your financial transactions are. No reason to believe that remote voting is any more secure.

"There were 1,387,615 reports of identity theft in 2020.
Government documents or benefits fraud was the most common type of identity theft in 2020 after an increase of 1,663% from 2019.
Those aged 30 to 39 reported the most cases of identity theft."

In person voting

Quote:
According to official statistics, the turnout was 100%, with all 11,445,638 Iraqis registered to vote having voted "yes" in a referendum whether to support another seven year-term for President Saddam Hussein, which would legally have ended in 2009.

Until last year Russia only did in person voting.

China does in-person voting.

Iran does in-person voting.

N. Korea does in-person voting.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 15th, 2021 at 7:38:00 AM permalink
kenarman
In person voting

Until last year Russia only did in person voting.

China does in-person voting.

Iran does in-person voting.

N. Korea does in-person voting.

Thanks for proving my point. With in person voting we have proof of voter fraud when it happens.
September 15th, 2021 at 7:42:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Banks do have KYC which they must comply with. When I log on to my bank I have to verify 2 ways. And my bank can reverse charges when there is fraud.

When there is fraud in an election we get Biden.
The President is a fink.
September 15th, 2021 at 7:43:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
AZ mentions ‘too lazy’ a lot.

Yes, because every excuse the Democrats give against election security boils down to people cannot do it because they are too lazy.
The President is a fink.
September 15th, 2021 at 7:45:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Thanks for proving my point. With in person voting we have proof of voter fraud when it happens.

In your mind, maybe.
September 15th, 2021 at 7:51:01 AM permalink
kenarman
In your mind, maybe.

I trust my mind much than yours on the RX body of work in this forum.