In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 28th, 2021 at 4:38:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh Mcenany said on Fox that Heels-Up Harris is such an embarrassment to the White House and to the vice presidency that she will never be president. Beijing Joe will replace her with somebody else before he resigns. That never even occurred to me but of course that's what's going to happen. They're not going to let a lunatic giggling moron like Harris be president. She cannot put two coherent sentences together. She has that embarrassing nervous laugh that so many dumb women have that is almost impossible to break them of. They learned early on that if you cannot sound smart sound funny instead. So she giggles and laughs even at serious questions. It's so much a part of who she is now she can't help herself. Not to mention she's not qualified to run an ice cream truck let alone be president. She was so pitiful during the campaign that she would have lost the primary in her own state if she hadn't dropped out.

That is not how it works. You cannot just "replace" the Vice President. Its one of the few positions that the President cannot whimsically fire (which is why they spend so much time picking the right one, because you are stuck with them for your full term).

They have to be impeached (and then convicted in the Senate, IE same process as President) or resign on their own. The President has no power over this process other than possibly suggesting it. This annoyed Trump several times when he realized he cannot remove his VP when he did not mindlessly agree with him 100% of the time....

If Biden runs for re-election he can choose a new running mate for his next term (this is generally frowned upon for obvious political reasons). But, Harris is locked into the VP slot for his full first term, and if she is on the ticket, and they win again, same thing for his second.

The only other way a VP can be "removed" from their status is if the President is suddenly removed (died, impeached, suddenly resigns, etc...) and the VP automatically becomes President.

If the VP and a President have a major falling out and end up hating each other, there is nothing that the President can do.

During the first few elections (in American history), the VP was actually the runner up (in Electoral Votes), so this of course virtually guaranteed them to not like each other (as that generally means they were from opposing parties). This is one reason (among many) that the President cannot just "fire" and "replace" a VP.... Or else all early Presidents would have done it....
September 28th, 2021 at 5:07:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
That is not how it works. You cannot just "replace" the Vice President. Its one of the few positions that the President cannot whimsically fire

Who said anything about firing. Of course she will resign, like Spiro Agnew did under Nixon. My theory is that their intention has never been to make the clueless moron Harris president. She knows her job will be to resign at just the right time. No Democrat wants that idiot to be the first woman president, she would be a total embarrassment from her first day in office. Who they choose to take her place I can only guess. Could be Hillary, who knows. A better guess would be it will probably be a man, somebody who might have a chance of winning in 2024.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2021 at 5:13:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Who said anything about firing. Of course she will resign, like Spiro Agnew did under Nixon. My theory is that their intention has never been to make the clueless moron Harris president. She knows her job will be to resign at just the right time. No Democrat wants that idiot to be the first woman president, she would be a total embarrassment from her first day in office. Who they choose to take her place I can only guess. Could be Hillary, who knows. A better guess would be it will probably be a man, somebody who might have a chance of winning in 2024.

Well, I didn’t think it was possible, but we’ve got a rightie out here making worse predictions than jcw.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 29th, 2021 at 10:52:59 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
This the same dumb bitch who didn’t know Donny was president in 2020? Why do we care what that liar has to say about anything?

Good point Kettle!
Pot, why do we care what Kettle has to say about anything?
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
September 29th, 2021 at 11:02:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I didn't realize it was still kosher to call women that on the American Left. Or American Right. Or Middle. Or Ever.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 29th, 2021 at 11:29:43 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Mission146
I didn't realize it was still kosher to call women that on the American Left. Or American Right. Or Middle. Or Ever.

I’m not kosher.
September 29th, 2021 at 12:13:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

Only among classy and cultured people.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2021 at 12:22:29 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Only among classy and cultured people.

Sure, Jan.

September 29th, 2021 at 6:11:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Bob, you and I may feel Harris would be an abysmal President, but frankly, we don’t matter. Most Dems would be happy with a President Harris. I see NO evidence that she would not be supported by enough Dems. I don’t generally like what she says, but she is generally well spoken.
September 29th, 2021 at 6:32:52 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Bob, you and I may feel Harris would be an abysmal President, but frankly, we don’t matter. Most Dems would be happy with a President Harris. I see NO evidence that she would not be supported by enough Dems. I don’t generally like what she says, but she is generally well spoken.

I’d be way more excited for a President Harris than President Biden.