In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 6th, 2021 at 5:31:43 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: petroglyph
Wondered if you'd seen this?

He's very outspoken and has made a lot of political enemies over the past few years. The ruling class does not tolerate critics.
October 6th, 2021 at 9:50:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

Yea but give credit where credit is due
Tyler Durden simply linked the daily news and did some copy and paste from the Daily News
If it was me originally posting this story, I'd go with the daily news link rather then Tyler Durden regurgitating somebody else's reporting work.
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-fbi-sergeants-benevolent-association-raid-investigation-20211005-4mn4i2uf2zh2famn36qyqu6m2i-story.html
Real reporters using real names
Sorry for the caps. Below is a paste from the authors of the article. Tyler Durden should get no credit. Credit is due to
STEPHEN REX BROWN, NOAH GOLDBERG, MICHAEL GARTLAND, BRITTANY KRIEGSTEIN and LARRY MCSHANE
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 8th, 2021 at 7:09:57 AM permalink
terapined
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/575899-84-percent-of-trump-voters-are-worried-about-discrimination-against-whites-poll
Reality
84% of Trumpers worry about being treated the way they treat brown folk.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 8th, 2021 at 5:50:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Must be new to Carvana as they just started advertising you can return the car you purchase for the first 7 days.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 8th, 2021 at 9:30:36 PM permalink
terapined
Steve Bannon has rebuffed a congressional subpoena related to the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol Complex by claiming executive privilege through his attorney.
WTF
Trump is not President
and
Bannon was not working for the executive branch on Jan 6.
October 9th, 2021 at 4:57:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Must be new to Carvana as they just started advertising you can return the car you purchase for the first 7 days.

Customers have filed a ton of complaints against them that the cars they got were not the cars that they bought. Or that the interior was covered in stains and dog hair and stunk. Or a thousand other things. Who would ever buy a car that way anyway. Must be a lot of lazy people out there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 9th, 2021 at 5:45:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Customers have filed a ton of complaints against them that the cars they got were not the cars that they bought. Or that the interior was covered in stains and dog hair and stunk. Or a thousand other things. Who would ever buy a car that way anyway. Must be a lot of lazy people out there.

In theory I would love to buy a car that way. It’d be nice to not have to deal with a car salesman.

But I just bought a new car in March. I did my research beforehand and basically walked in and told them the exact car in the lot that I wanted. Made it much easier.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 9th, 2021 at 6:40:10 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
In theory I would love to buy a car that way. It’d be nice to not have to deal with a car salesman.

But I just bought a new car in March. I did my research beforehand and basically walked in and told them the exact car in the lot that I wanted. Made it much easier.

I never deal with a car salesman in person. I do everything through email and only show up to the dealership after they send me a copy of the contract. By the time I get there they have already washed and fueled my car. I spend about 15 minutes with the finance guy, and drive away. I don't even bother with the demonstration.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 9th, 2021 at 8:15:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I never deal with a car salesman in person. I do everything through email and only show up to the dealership after they send me a copy of the contract. By the time I get there they have already washed and fueled my car. I spend about 15 minutes with the finance guy, and drive away. I don't even bother with the demonstration.

I wouldn’t mind trying something like Carvana, but I haven’t bought a used car since the 1980’s. Always buy a new one.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 10th, 2021 at 4:04:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I wouldn’t mind trying something like Carvana, but I haven’t bought a used car since the 1980’s. Always buy a new one.

I posted how I bought mine online. One thing is I had a mechanic do an inspection, cost about $100 but he told me no issues except tires were not all matched and it was in a minor accident which saved me probably $2000 since so many people see the ding on the CarFax and move on.

I used to actually like hunting down a good used car. But it is great to just look at the listings and not have to deal with the hassles. What I also did was go look on lots local when they were closed to see how I liked the look of the interiors and other smaller things.

Then went to Florida to pick the thing up. A day's effort to save $3000!
The President is a fink.