In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 31st, 2021 at 1:50:38 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
dumb kid gets in the way, racist journalists want to make it a racial incident

https://www.rt.com/news/544765-london-guard-child-tiktok/
Those guards with the furry hats don't mess about. It was truly unfortunate that the kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time. At best, the guard might have stepped around him, but there was not much thinking time for anyone to react. Not guard, not kid, not Mom. A harsh life lesson. He might just as easily have walked in front of a bus or stepped off a metro platform.

Race was never an issue. The guard would have done the same for a white kid or a deaf dumb and blind man with a white stick or with a toddler. Would be interesting if a pushchair or pram had got in the way, maybe with a bomb in it. I'm not saying it was right or nice thing to do, but it is what it is.

Interesting that you quoted from RT = Russia Today. They let the racist left and right strong opinions in the comments section run free. I wonder if/how they would cover the story if it were a Kremlin guardsman.
December 31st, 2021 at 5:02:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Florida’s Ron DeSantis accused of being MIA as governor holds no briefings for two weeks despite Omicron surge

Who wants to bet the fat f*** is on vacation somewhere stuffing his face at some all inclusive resort while his state is getting clobbered?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 31st, 2021 at 6:18:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: OnceDear
Those guards with the furry hats don't mess about. It was truly unfortunate that the kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time. At best, the guard might have stepped around him, but there was not much thinking time for anyone to react. Not guard, not kid, not Mom. A harsh life lesson. He might just as easily have walked in front of a bus or stepped off a metro platform.

Race was never an issue. The guard would have done the same for a white kid or a deaf dumb and blind man with a white stick or with a toddler. Would be interesting if a pushchair or pram had got in the way, maybe with a bomb in it. I'm not saying it was right or nice thing to do, but it is what it is.

Interesting that you quoted from RT = Russia Today. They let the racist left and right strong opinions in the comments section run free. I wonder if/how they would cover the story if it were a Kremlin guardsman.

I'm pretty sure most of my early knowledge of the Queen's guards comes from Benny Hill.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2021 at 8:04:58 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I'm pretty sure most of my early knowledge of the Queen's guards comes from Benny Hill.

That was one of my favorite British documentaries.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 31st, 2021 at 8:41:00 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Florida’s Ron DeSantis accused of being MIA as governor holds no briefings for two weeks despite Omicron surge

Who wants to bet the fat f*** is on vacation somewhere stuffing his face at some all inclusive resort while his state is getting clobbered?

I’ll bet you he is not at an all inclusive resort. As Governor, I’m sure wherever he is he will order whatever he wants on the State’s dime. Frankly, his response will be the same it has always been. ‘Vaccines are free, get them. Regardless, we are not shutting down Florida.” He doesn’t need to be in Florida to enact that policy.

I’ve just driven from Florida back home. Even at rest stops/restaurants/hotels on the way back mask wearing sign requests were universally ignored. Maybe between 10 and 20% wore masks when signs said to. Workers tended to be wearing masks. Patrons almost never.

I’m wondering if the administration will admit that asking the populace to mask up just doesn’t work without an enforceable punishment for those that refuse? I think the people have spoken. You might not like what they are saying…
December 31st, 2021 at 9:09:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Buttigieg, not okay to not check in because of newborn. DeSantis vacation okay.

Neither guy showing up was going to immediately change anything, any faster.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2021 at 9:13:54 AM permalink
rxwine
IMO, people should celebrate Ted Cruz leaving the U.S.
December 31st, 2021 at 1:34:15 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288

Another epic FAIL at TROLL-ing

DeSantis' office hits back after mayor asks 'Where's our governor?'

Ron DeSantis accompanied wife to cancer treatment while critics claimed he was 'missing'

Let's go Brandon
December 31st, 2021 at 2:42:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: fleaswatter

Do your damn job, you can always get another wife.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 31st, 2021 at 3:27:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
Quote: fleaswatter

Do your damn job, you can always get another wife.

With the way he is gaining weight, might be hard to find a suitable replacement.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman