In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 28th, 2022 at 4:39:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Upon his election Trump did all he could to eviscerate all pro-environmental regulations; he was like the antithesis of Teddy Roosevelt, who unlike Trump tried to play the long game for America, sacrificing the possibility of immediate profit for the chance of preserving what we've got for future generations.

Trump's "do whatever you want with energy, and to hell with the environment" was obviously popular with big business, and yes, it helped keep gas prices down.

But the world is changing, and Americans don't seem to want to change, at least those who voted for Trump, and to make them toe the line gas prices will rise, inducing the switch gov't wants to EV's; I personally have no use for EV's but I support the gov'ts policy.

Then again no matter what gas goes up to it won't affect me: I rat-holed money rather well when I worked, and invested well, so I can always pay at the pump, no matter what the cost.

YMMV

He got rid of draconian regulations that were not needed. A great thing. Regulation for regulation sake is a bad thing. As JR Ewing said, the world has been running out of oil since the first well was drilled. Per what I was taught in the 1970s we would be out by now. We have more proven reserves now than we did then.
The President is a fink.
February 28th, 2022 at 4:47:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
He got rid of draconian regulations that were not needed. A great thing. Regulation for regulation sake is a bad thing. As JR Ewing said, the world has been running out of oil since the first well was drilled. Per what I was taught in the 1970s we would be out by now. We have more proven reserves now than we did then.

Define "not needed."

I suspect republicans and democrats woud define it quite differently.

Republicans care only about the almighty dollar, all else be damned; democrats care about having a better, more harmonious world where acquiring as much money as you can, no matter the cost to the environment, is not a valid end goal.
February 28th, 2022 at 5:08:42 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Define "not needed."

I suspect republicans and democrats woud define it quite differently.

Republicans care only about the almighty dollar, all else be damned; democrats care about having a better, more harmonious world where acquiring as much money as you can, no matter the cost to the environment, is not a valid end goal.

So now that you have a enough funds you want to screw up those that don't. Typical lefty, do as I say not as I do.

Quote missedhervee from up thread.
"Then again no matter what gas goes up to it won't affect me: I rat-holed money rather well when I worked, and invested well, so I can always pay at the pump, no matter what the cost."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 28th, 2022 at 5:35:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Give me a break.

Q: What does my personal financial situation have to do with the comparison I made between the two parties?

A: Absolutely nothing.

I am neither liberal nor conservative, in the sense that I have conservative views on some things, liberal views on others, and am neutral on many things.

You seem intent on pigeon-holing me: keep trying, I'll keep up.
February 28th, 2022 at 5:36:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
So now that you have a enough funds you want to screw up those that don't. Typical lefty, do as I say not as I do.

Quote missedhervee from up thread.
"Then again no matter what gas goes up to it won't affect me: I rat-holed money rather well when I worked, and invested well, so I can always pay at the pump, no matter what the cost."

I’m fascinated by the righties who constantly mistake missedhervee for a lefty.

Trump Hate <> Lefty
Trump Hate = Common sense, decency, self respect
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 28th, 2022 at 5:57:21 PM permalink
kenarman
Give me a break.

Q: What does my personal financial situation have to do with the comparison I made between the two parties?

A: Absolutely nothing.

I am neither liberal nor conservative, in the sense that I have conservative views on some things, liberal views on others, and am neutral on many things.

You seem intent on pigeon-holing me: keep trying, I'll keep up.

I assume you invested well in only green and caring projects not like those Republicans that only care about making money. Hopefully you have donated it all back to the homeless because that would be the correct thing to do if you made tainted money from the stock market.
February 28th, 2022 at 6:14:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: kenarman
I assume you invested well in only green and caring projects not like those Republicans that only care about making money. Hopefully you have donated it all back to the homeless because that would be the correct thing to do if you made tainted money from the stock market.

Dude, give it a rest, please!

I think I see the flaw in your thinking: you call yourself a Trumpie but in fact you lust after AOC.

How else to explain your ridiculous claim that donating money to the homeless would ever be the right thing to do?

I certainly have never never felt nor posted that way, as the homeless are a scourge, a bane, and a black eye on America that needs to be kept hidden and out of sight if not eliminated.
February 28th, 2022 at 7:31:09 PM permalink
kenarman
Dude, give it a rest, please!

I think I see the flaw in your thinking: you call yourself a Trumpie but in fact you lust after AOC.

How else to explain your ridiculous claim that donating money to the homeless would ever be the right thing to do?

I certainly have never never felt nor posted that way, as the homeless are a scourge, a bane, and a black eye on America that needs to be kept hidden and out of sight if not eliminated.

'Republicans care only about the almighty dollar, all else be damned' According to your definition of a Republican I can only assume you are one then. You obviously are proud on making money on the stock market based on the profits of those bad companies you whined about earlier. It would also seem that you certainly embrace the "all else be damned" comment with your thoughts on the homeless. It appears there is a good chance you are closet Trumpster. Come on out and into the light.
March 1st, 2022 at 12:46:43 AM permalink
missedhervee
Not "bad companies;" I was saying Trump's policies were bad.

I'm pro big business but recognize the need to reel things in to protect the environment and hopefully prevent global warming.

Gee, sorry if reading those two words upsets you ... global warming.

Oh sure, you bet, it's "fake news."
March 1st, 2022 at 2:47:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Define "not needed."

Simple. A regulation made more for regulations sake that to solve a real problem. Like in the final days of Clinton when he put in unworkable and draconian clean water restrictions. The were put is so when Bush relaxed them the Democrats could convince sheep that the GOP "liked dirty water." John Stossel did a piece where the water was already so clean in one place they intentionally let companies pollute so the could meet the standard for cleaning the water.

Democrats LOVE regulations. They measure Congressional and agency "productivity" by how many pages of regs are written. The GOP prefers a cost/benefit approach.
The President is a fink.