In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 24th, 2022 at 10:05:16 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Dow Jones down 2500 the last 5 days because of Ukraine. Thank God we have a real leader in the White House not that awful Donald Trump. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 24th, 2022 at 11:03:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Dow Jones down 2500 the last 5 days because of Ukraine. Thank God we have a real leader in the White House not that awful Donald Trump. LOL

You’re finally seeing the light. Good for you.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 24th, 2022 at 1:23:21 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
the dow recovered and the SP500 went up nicely ... go figure

I was poised to sell gold but it yawned too [compared to what I expected]

now I do think oil and gold will go up a lot, and really, stocks down more
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 24th, 2022 at 3:01:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
the dow recovered and the SP500 went up nicely ... go figure

I was poised to sell gold but it yawned too [compared to what I expected]

now I do think oil and gold will go up a lot, and really, stocks down more

There has been conflict in Eastern Europe for decades
An airliner was shot out of the sky not too long ago
Life goes on and the world will just get used to it.
Business goes on and companies on the stock market are still valued.
I'm in this for the long haul
Own stocks and gold
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 24th, 2022 at 5:55:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob

Biden has zilch to do with the market going down due to Putin's maniacal aggression; if you can prove your point please lay it out, otherwise muzzle yourself.
February 25th, 2022 at 2:34:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Biden has zilch to do with the market going down due to Putin's maniacal aggression; if you can prove your point please lay it out, otherwise muzzle yourself.

Putin is taking advantage of Biden's weakness. You people voted for a guy who is a disaster all because you hated mean tweets.
The President is a fink.
February 25th, 2022 at 3:42:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The market has been falling since January, due to the Fed cutting its bond purchases in half and saying there will be interest rate hikes to fight inflation.

Inflation they caused.

The end of cheap money. Probably not.

The war has accelerated the decline.
February 25th, 2022 at 5:34:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Putin is taking advantage of Biden's weakness. You people voted for a guy who is a disaster all because you hated mean tweets.

Trump taking top secret documents to Mar-A-Largo, is the guy you want dealing with Putin. He liked their intelligence so much he probably would be taking their advice now.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 25th, 2022 at 6:06:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Trump taking top secret documents to Mar-A-Largo, is the guy you want dealing with Putin. He liked their intelligence so much he probably would be taking their advice now.

I have a feeling our righties have not heard about that story, as right wing media did not mention it much.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 25th, 2022 at 7:16:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman

Is Trump not good at multi-tasking? Assuming you are right, is it really too much to ask that he be good on foreign policy while not simultaneously being a total @$$40!3?

There is nobody to blame for Trump's loss but Trump himself and his most rabid supporters; they are almost as insufferable as the Far Left.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman