In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 20th, 2022 at 1:53:13 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I would consider it more false advertising than worrying about a fairness doctrine.

“Fair and Balanced” isn’t.

Neither is “Democracy Dies in Darkness”…nice slogan; but they help bring darkness.

I’d rather see journalists holding all accountable and pundits doing what pundits do.

Not that I expect it to happen; it is part of what will be the downfall of the country if no one is willing to hold anyone in power accountable.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely; if you think your side is right all the time and has all clean politicians and intentions, you are delusional.

Not that I expect any of it to change…

What a bunch of crap
Foxnews and Breibart were all over the story
There is no absolute power
The media is all over the place
You could of easily followed the laptop story
We have so much press freedom, if you are pro Russian invasion, you can watch Tucker
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2022 at 2:44:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Thanks Captain Poopypants, this is all you, own it. Just like when we were energy independent that was all Trump. We could go back to oil Independence all you have to do is sign a few papers.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 23rd, 2022 at 2:53:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Thanks Captain Poopypants, this is all you, own it. Just like when we were energy independent that was all Trump. We could go back to oil Independence all you have to do is sign a few papers.

Somebody should check with the Capt., and make sure he isn't considering giving Alaska to Russia, so we can buy oil from Alaska and that wouldn't be like buying it from Putin.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 24th, 2022 at 11:26:18 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
March 24th, 2022 at 12:07:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Every time I saw this was on, I thought it was from old reruns.

Quote:
UPDATE SUNDAY AM: NBCUniversal on Sunday confirmed that its daytime syndicated talk show Maury will be wrapping with the current season, saying that it was a mutual decision between the studio and veteran host Maury Povich to end the talker made when Maury was most recently renewed in 2020 through the 2021-22 season.

I got sick of these shows early on. Montel, sally jessie Raphael, ricki lake, jerry springer. Ugh.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2022 at 2:34:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Every time I saw this was on, I thought it was from old reruns.

I got sick of these shows early on. Montel, sally jessie Raphael, ricki lake, jerry springer. Ugh.

I never got a chance to get sick of them because I never watched them. The only time I ever saw Jerry Springer was in clips on other shows. Those type of shows and all game shows are just completely staged reality TV. People act like reality TV is something new when it's actually been around since the first game shows in the 1950s. I'm not saying game shows are fixed what I'm saying is 95% of it is choreographed and staged right down to how the people are supposed to act who are the contestants.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 24th, 2022 at 4:22:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Ginni Thomas (wife of Clarence Thomas - who is still being hospitalized right now) text message to Mark Meadows on 11/5/20:

BATSH** CRAZY - the wife of a Supreme Court Justice!!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 24th, 2022 at 4:27:38 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Ginni Thomas (wife of Clarence Thomas - who is still being hospitalized right now) text message to Mark Meadows on 11/5/20:

I find her very scary
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 24th, 2022 at 4:31:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
I find her very scary

Clarence Thomas should be nowhere near the SCOTUS.

But God may be taking care of that for us right now….
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2022 at 2:57:34 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: ams288

Wow that is nuts, nuts! everybody should know that claims about election fraud do not get investigated by law enforcement... so how would anyone ever get arrested?

Except the FBI, for some reason unclear to me, actually investigated fraud in a 1982 Illinois governors race and found 100,000 fraudulent ballots.

As far as I can tell the lesson gleaned for the FBI is that they have vowed to never do an investigation again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Illinois_elections#Convictions_for_fraud
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]