In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 3rd, 2022 at 6:31:15 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I think the idea if getting an undergraduate education is completely unnecessary in todays age. With the internet available almost everywhere now almost all of that information can be learned from home for free. There are plenty of course syllabi available online and plenty of sites and forums to ask questions and get them answered. To me, it all comes down to how motivated is someone to learn. If you want to learn you can do it for free today.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 3rd, 2022 at 6:35:57 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich
I think the idea if getting an undergraduate education is completely unnecessary in todays age. With the internet available almost everywhere now almost all of that information can be learned from home for free. There are plenty of course syllabi available online and plenty of sites and forums to ask questions and get them answered. To me, it all comes down to how motivated is someone to learn. If you want to learn you can do it for free today.

I fully agree, but people want the degree for their resume.

You can get the equivalent of a liberal arts degrees just by readings a wide selection of books and articles online as far as knowledge base.
May 3rd, 2022 at 6:41:27 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler
I fully agree, but people want the degree for their resume.

As someone who has hired hundreds of professional employee's, to me the applicant having a college degree was only the tie-breaker if everything else was equal. The only real value I would see in a degree was that the applicant actually finished a task that they started.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 3rd, 2022 at 7:09:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Some people think Alito can't wall-off privacy protections of the 4th amendment

Quote:
Predictable next steps after the Alito opinion becomes law: a nationwide abortion ban, followed by a push to roll back rights to contraception, same-sex marriage, sexual privacy, and the full array of textually unenumerated rights long taken for granted. Lawrence Tribe @tribelaw
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2022 at 7:35:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Some people think Alito can't wall-off privacy protections of the 4th amendment

Wow is he screaming "JONES WILL COME BACK!" Talk about a left wing nutcase.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2022 at 3:29:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Why are conservatives so stupid. There are no free speech rights on private property.
Disgusting couple drop F bombs and make faggot comments They get kicked off as they should and they claim its because they are Trump supporters
Nope
They are a-holes that can't controll themselves.

New York Post : Ranting couple claim they were kicked off JetBlue flight for supporting Trump.
https://nypost.com/2022/05/03/couple-claim-they-were-kicked-off-jetblue-flight-for-trump-support/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 3rd, 2022 at 3:29:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Duo post
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 3rd, 2022 at 3:43:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Why are conservatives so stupid. There are no free speech rights on private property.
Disgusting couple drop F bombs and make faggot comments They get kicked off as they should and they claim its because they are Trump supporters
Nope
They are a-holes that can't controll themselves.

New York Post : Ranting couple claim they were kicked off JetBlue flight for supporting Trump.
https://nypost.com/2022/05/03/couple-claim-they-were-kicked-off-jetblue-flight-for-trump-support/

If only JetBlue would have waited to kick them off until they were at cruising altitude…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 4th, 2022 at 1:54:35 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
New York State's latest hand picked Lt. Governor Antonio Delgado. The previous one lasted a few months before being arrested on Federal charges.
May 4th, 2022 at 3:19:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135