In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 4th, 2022 at 4:36:30 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Chapelle attacked onstage. Chris Rock jokes.
May 4th, 2022 at 5:04:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Chapelle attacked onstage. Chris Rock jokes.

Dave Chapelle’s security team is not to be messed with:

https://twitter.com/nuffsaidny/status/1521745161042153473?s=21&t=PTScqE4j1oIyDrkETJdtQg
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 4th, 2022 at 12:07:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Move over, Weight Watchers: Eli Lilly is eyeing the diet industry.

Patients taking the highest dose of the experimental drug tirzepatide lost roughly 50 pounds, or 21% of their weight, in a late-stage clinical trial, the pharmaceutical company said on Thursday. Those taking a low dose of the drug, which is injected weekly, lost about 35 pounds, or about 15% of their body weight, Lilly said in a news release.

The 72-week trial involved 2,539 people who were obese or overweight with another medical condition.

That's a pretty strong result if it holds up over further trials. Except for surgery, there's few options for such a high weight loss that actually work for many people that don't also require dedication to regime
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 4th, 2022 at 1:04:48 PM permalink
rxwine
I listened to the part they played today of Amber Heard testifying the first time Johnny Depp hit her. I don't know how it came off to anyone else, but it sounded more like a typical soap opera script someone would write than a real event.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 4th, 2022 at 1:38:41 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
I listened to the part they played today of Amber Heard testifying the first time Johnny Depp hit her. I don't know how it came off to anyone else, but it sounded more like a typical soap opera script someone would write than a real event.

I feel like she is giving the performance of her life.

Do I think Johnny hit her? Yep.
Do I think she hit Johnny? Yep.
May 4th, 2022 at 1:39:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Mike Rowe said last night every day he gets photos from truck drivers showing that it's costing them $1,200 or $1,300 to fill up their big rigs and a year ago they were paying half that. The owner operators pass this cost directly to the people they haul for and the big freight companies that pay for the gas pass this cost on to the companies they do business with. His point was if you think inflation is bad now wait till this trickles down fairly quickly to the grocery store shelves and everything else that gets hauled by truck. Thanks Captain Poopypants this was totally avoidable if you weren't such a total screwup. MAGA!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 4th, 2022 at 1:56:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Mike Rowe said last night every day he gets photos from truck drivers showing that it's costing them $1,200 or $1,300 to fill up their big rigs and a year ago they were paying half that. The owner operators pass this cost directly to the people they haul for and the big freight companies that pay for the gas pass this cost on to the companies they do business with. His point was if you think inflation is bad now wait till this trickles down fairly quickly to the grocery store shelves and everything else that gets hauled by truck. Thanks Captain Poopypants this was totally avoidable if you weren't such a total screwup. MAGA!!

Reminds me, Is the shipping delay still going on? I didn't even notice it while it was happening and can't tell if it ended or is still going on. Didn't bother me at all.
May 4th, 2022 at 1:58:43 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
Reminds me, Is the shipping delay still going on? I didn't even notice it while it was happening and can't tell if it ended or is still going on. Didn't bother me at all.

Righties are desperate to act like the world is an unlivable hellscape now that their hero is gone.

Unfortunately it’s not and they just sound crazy.
May 4th, 2022 at 2:30:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Elon Musk is going to put Twitter back on the stock market in as little as three years after he's fixed it and made it profitable which apparently isn't going to be that hard because the woke people running it we're running it into the ground because they were running it for themselves and not for the stockholders. Elon Musk buying Twitter is going to make him a hell of a lot of money and because he's going public Lefty's can stop screaming that a private citizen owning such a huge Media Company is pure evil.

"Musk plans on eventually selling the company back into the public markets. Musk has said he needed to take the company private to fix it, but he has never said he would need to keep it private. Those private equity guys will want an exit from the investment, a roadmap to how they make a market-beating return on whatever funds they provide. An initial public offering would be just the thing. As we were preparing this newsletter, the Wall Street Journal reported that Musk said to potential investors that he plans to stage an IPO of Twitter in as little as three years of buying it, according to people familiar with the matter."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 4th, 2022 at 3:35:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Elon Musk is going to put Twitter back on the stock market in as little as three years after he's fixed it and made it profitable which apparently isn't going to be that hard because the woke people running it we're running it into the ground because they were running it for themselves and not for the stockholders. Elon Musk buying Twitter is going to make him a hell of a lot of money and because he's going public Lefty's can stop screaming that a private citizen owning such a huge Media Company is pure evil.

That is common for these things. Other than Buffet most people buy to fix and resell. Occasionally they get stuck like KKR and the RJR-Nabisco LBO. But even then they supposedly improved Nabisco by a huge margin after they got rid of Ross Johnson and his free-spending ways.

Just hope he keeps it long enough to minimize capital gain taxes. If he is lucky a GOP-POTUS and Congress will cut them in 2025.
The President is a fink.