In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 27th, 2022 at 5:35:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: RonC
The shooter was involved with police on more than one occasion.

He said that he was going to shoot up a school when he was a senior four years ago.

He should have been flagged. People knew about him. He may have done juvy time.

A gun law may have stopped him from buying a gun that day. The problem is that, if he thought that was an issue and was planning this, he could have figured out how to obtain a weapon. He had four years.

Another person is saying this report is not correct; we shall hopefully find out the truth. He is saying the threat was made by other juveniles…are they red flagged?

Ongoing investigations start with a lot of unanswered questions and speculation.
May 27th, 2022 at 8:56:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
LOL Well you gave me what-if question, and then when I did not follow your script, you said I was evading so that's what you just did. And all you had to do is
talk to Jenner not have sex.

I didn’t evade anything. I’m said what he is and that I would have no reason to talk to him.

Meanwhile you still evade.
The President is a fink.
May 27th, 2022 at 9:18:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
I didn’t evade anything. I’m said what he is and that I would have no reason to talk to him.

Meanwhile you still evade.

Answer the scenario you proposed was the only option I was given. So that's what I gave you. And you evaded. Too bad.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2022 at 10:29:45 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Maybe if the kids weren't mostly Hispanic the cops would have tried harder, given the politization of the immigration issue there.

Blame Trump.
May 27th, 2022 at 10:55:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Today would be a great day to drive around blasting “F*** the Police” on the radio…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 27th, 2022 at 11:21:25 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: missedhervee
Maybe if the kids weren't mostly Hispanic the cops would have tried harder, given the politization of the immigration issue there.

Blame Trump.

Well…of course…good satire!

Reality…of course not true.
May 27th, 2022 at 11:29:05 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
First you start identifying these freaks and red flagging them. This one was identified previously. Perhaps a terroristic threat charge should have kept him on at least probation if not in jail.

If you can make “common sense” gun laws, okay…but there is a very wide definition of “common sense”…

We send 18 year olds off to die in wars; we need to decide whether 18 year olds are adults or children.

There is lots we can do…do the easiest and quickest stuff first.

Realistically there’s no way he’s in jail for four years over a threat, and probation never prevents anyone from doing anything they want to just more likely they’ll get caught once they do it. Something like this, was “getting caught” no matter whether on probation or not.

We might consider thinking about the problems why our “greatest country on earth” country produces such a disproportionate number of these freaks in the first place rather than simply red flagging them once they’re a lost cause.
May 27th, 2022 at 11:30:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

Now that I've heard more details of what went on, The Onion, tweet is so close to reality they are practically the real news. Only thing, is lot of cops protecting the hallway in the school was part of the difference.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2022 at 11:57:07 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Today would be a great day to drive around blasting “F*** the Police” on the radio…

You do seem to have anger problems. Maybe we need to have you put on probation you never know when they could become violent.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 27th, 2022 at 12:04:12 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: kenarman

You do seem to have anger problems. Maybe we need to have you put on probation you never know when they could become violent.

He hates cops but poses no solutions to replace them or make them better.

I guess he would let all criminals continue without anyone stopping them or believes we should be nice to people and they will be nice back.