In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 27th, 2022 at 1:25:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I heard QAnon is claiming Uvalde is a faux shooting. The only thing I can say about that, is I'm sorry to hear anyone is still listening to them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2022 at 2:19:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Why were the cops standing around, proverbially "eating donuts" so to speak, instead of running immediately into the school and confronting and taking down this suicidal dirtbag?

Cowardice or poor training?

Hard to second guess this early, but I have to give an "F" to LE based on what I've seen to date.
May 27th, 2022 at 2:24:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Why were the cops standing around, proverbially "eating donuts" so to speak, instead of running immediately into the school and confronting and taking down this suicidal dirtbag?

Cowardice or poor training?

Hard to second guess this early, but I have to give an "F" to LE based on what I've seen to date.

Cops do not run in blind. Not when they do not know how many gunmen or other vital info. They also do not run in outgunned.

They establish a perimeter first. They get their arms in order. Then make a plan of attack.
The President is a fink.
May 27th, 2022 at 2:45:20 PM permalink
missedhervee
That's "Old think."

New think is to immediately go at the shooter.

In this case, LE really screwed the pooch; much blame falls on the on scene commander who stupidly and without any basis in fact believed the shooter was alone in the classroom.

What a complete idiot to conclude that without verifying that yes, the kids were not there; alas they still were.

So he had the cops wait outside the door doing not a damned thing while the maniac blew away the innocents.

There were other screw ups by the morons in blue in the lone star state as well.

Heads need to roll for this massive screw up, this possible cowardice, and I hope that LE is sued and ordered to pay millions in damages.

I suspect the idiotic on scene commander will (correctly) be so overcome with guilt that he eats his gun.

https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2022/05/please-send-the-police-now-kids-called-911-for-help-as-police-waited-outside-classrooms-in-texas-school-shooting.html
May 27th, 2022 at 4:15:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Cops do not run in blind. Not when they do not know how many gunmen or other vital info. They also do not run in outgunned.

They establish a perimeter first. They get their arms in order. Then make a plan of attack.

This is not what happened in TX. Quit covering for them.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 27th, 2022 at 5:06:59 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
This is not what happened in TX. Quit covering for them.

While there are still facts coming out, but based on what I have read...man, I hate to agree with AMS.
It doesn't take 40 minutes to plan an attack & "Get their arms in order"?
The cops should have shields & AR-15's of their own in the squad car. Hell, I have body armor.
At some point you signed up to gear up and go towards danger.
So have your gear with you, stack up the line. breach the door and get the hell in there.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
May 28th, 2022 at 1:08:55 AM permalink
missedhervee
In March, School police chief Arredondo posted on Facebook his department was hosting an “Active Shooter Training” at Uvalde High
School in an effort to prepare local law enforcement to respond to “any situation that may arise.”

A flyer for the event he posted stated topics covered would include priorities for school-based law enforcement and how to “Stop the Killing.”

Ironic, eh?
May 28th, 2022 at 3:08:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JCW09

The cops should have shields & AR-15's of their own in the squad car.

Militarized police are not at all a good idea.
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2022 at 6:22:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Burnt-out Catholic exorcists complain they face long lines of 'possessed' people, and little support from bishops

Italian exorcists spoke to researchers at Regina Apostolorum's 16th annual exorcism course in Rome, attended by 120 participants, The Times reported.

The course attracted a significant crowd thanks to Pope Francis's support of exorcism, the paper said. He has previously spoken about helping those who are "possessed by evil," per The Times, and made exorcism an official Catholic practice, according to the Independent.

The conference's exorcists said that they needed more support from psychologists to determine whether people are mentally unstable or demonically possessed, The Times reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/burnt-out-catholic-exorcists-complain-they-face-long-lines-of-possessed-people-and-little-support-from-bishops/ar-AAXOCV5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=39088811621c4d5ebcb705b6e2006c65
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 28th, 2022 at 11:04:53 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
If there is a silver lining in this horror, it’s that the people who peddle the “only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun” lie can STFU now.

Then this happens yesterday.
Concealed Carrier Kills Rifle Attacker
Well done AMS, perhaps you should take your own advice and STFU.

Firearms are the great equalizer for women when it comes to violence perpetrated by A$$holes.
This brave one wasn't worried about being "outgunned" like the cops in Uvalde.
Drew her concealed carry pistol & took the shot at a man with an AR-15.
I bet she was well trained.

I am very interested in the details on the length of shot she had to make.
The White Settlement Church incident required a 15 yard head shot.
Not easy under stress with a pistol, but doable and worth the risk with the wall as your backstop.
White Settlement Church 15 Yard Shot

Good guys do in fact stop bad guys with guns. But you do need both: a good guy & a gun.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288