In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 28th, 2022 at 11:06:43 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: AZDuffman
Militarized police are not at all a good idea.

I don't even know what that above means.
Bullet Proof Shields, AR-15's & body armor are every day police equipment.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
May 28th, 2022 at 1:26:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JCW09
I don't even know what that above means.
Bullet Proof Shields, AR-15's & body armor are every day police equipment.

Not in my neighborhood thankfully.
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2022 at 1:42:00 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Not in my neighborhood thankfully.

They probably do, even in your town. Its standard to have such a rifle either in the car or trunk (often some type of shotgun as well), even for local police. You would never know unless you see them pull it out. Same with body armor, almost always in the truck (if not worn all day as some cops do). Shields I don't know, I would suspect that is more of a specialty item (for SWAT or riot police). But, rifles and armor are pretty much the standard (even if kept hidden). Many times such weapons are intentionally kept out of public view because of comments like that ("militarizing police" etc...)

You don't have to believe me ask a local cop that you are friends with in your local town. Or even a random cop will probably answer honestly (or you might even be able to do an open records request for their equipment). I can almost guarantee you every car driven by a regular cop (maybe not detectives or special investigators or higher ranking people, etc....) has armor in the trunk and a rifle or shotgun (or both).

(Now this is talking about police in vehicles, obviously police walking the street are not carrying rifles -at least hopefully not-).
May 28th, 2022 at 2:16:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
They probably do, even in your town. Its standard to have such a rifle either in the car or trunk (often some type of shotgun as well), even for local police. You would never know unless you see them pull it out. Same with body armor, almost always in the truck (if not worn all day as some cops do). Shields I don't know, I would suspect that is more of a specialty item (for SWAT or riot police). But, rifles and armor are pretty much the standard (even if kept hidden). Many times such weapons are intentionally kept out of public view because of comments like that ("militarizing police" etc...)

A rifle or shotgun is not militarized.
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2022 at 11:12:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A high school senior has broken a track and field record set in 1965 by running a sub-4 minute mile during a high school race, without a pacer. Gary Martin has gotten extremely close to breaking this record during other track meets this year, but at the Pennsylvania Catholic League Championship (PCL) on Monday, he finally ran a mile in 3:57:98.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 29th, 2022 at 2:00:48 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
You have to average a pace of 15 mph to run a mile in 4 minutes
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 31st, 2022 at 1:12:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
Then this happens yesterday.
Concealed Carrier Kills Rifle Attacker
Well done AMS, perhaps you should take your own advice and STFU.

Firearms are the great equalizer for women when it comes to violence perpetrated by A$$holes.
This brave one wasn't worried about being "outgunned" like the cops in Uvalde.
Drew her concealed carry pistol & took the shot at a man with an AR-15.
I bet she was well trained.

I am very interested in the details on the length of shot she had to make.
The White Settlement Church incident required a 15 yard head shot.
Not easy under stress with a pistol, but doable and worth the risk with the wall as your backstop.
White Settlement Church 15 Yard Shot

Good guys do in fact stop bad guys with guns. But you do need both: a good guy & a gun.

You post a lot these days.

Should probably devote more time to your floundering business endeavor.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 31st, 2022 at 3:26:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
I’m sure the cops will be totally forthcoming with all the facts and conduct an honest investigation of themselves. /s
Its not up to the cops on the ground, it will be the higher level people who review it (as they probably already are). I am sure there are endless bodycams and since it a school security cams, so its not like there is much that can be hidden..... Its wrong to blame the cops and not the mass-shooter for something that they actively were trying to stop with minimal force.

Quote:
The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde ISD police force are no longer cooperating with the @TxDPS investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary and the state’s review of police response, multiple law enforcement sources told @ABC

Cops are the worst.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 31st, 2022 at 4:01:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Cops are the worst.

I don't know, I just got off the phone with my mother (who is a teacher), and she says that the latest news is that a teacher propped the door open to either go smoke or use the cellphone (unclear), and when the shooter saw the propped door he took advantage. And, this is being used as an example for teachers of why door propping should never be tolerated (all entries and reentries must come through the main security door).

My guess is there are multiple people who violated policy, and the shooter took advantage of it all.

But, saying "cops are the worst", is not helpful. By that logic you can say "teachers are the worst" because there are multiple layers of people who (from what we know so far) have messed up.... I am not defending any individual cop, but the generalization that all are bad because you disagree with the command structure of this event (which to be fair, what we know so far does seem to be bad....).

I mean its a culmination of circumstances. If a teacher props a door to cross the street to have a smoke, the building security does not address the propped open door on the system because the teacher routinely does this, and the cops are slow to respond, who is most to blame? Its not an easy question to answer. (And those are just what we know, there are probably other policy issues that we do not yet know of, for example rumors that teachers routinely enter the main door without showing their ID to security because "everyone knows who they are").
May 31st, 2022 at 4:33:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I don't know,.

This particular dept is the worst
To not cooperate in an investigation of this magnitude with children involved is just sickening
We desperately need to improve police response to save children's lives. An investigation will help with that because it's gonna happen again

Uvalde police, school district no longer cooperating with Texas probe of shooting: Sources
Texas officials are probing law enforcement's response to last week's massacre.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-police-school-district-longer-cooperating-texas-probe/story?id=85093405
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"