In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 13th, 2022 at 9:39:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Ivan Pechorin, Russian energy chief, 39, died after reportedly falling off a boat while sailing off the coast of Russky Island in the Sea of Japan on Saturday
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 13th, 2022 at 1:53:50 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
It is shocking the bad luck these Russian business men are having.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 13th, 2022 at 2:12:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
It is shocking the bad luck these Russian business men are having.

Putin is trying to stay alive
Must have watched Hill Street Blues :-)
The old let's do it to them before they do it to us
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 14th, 2022 at 8:09:47 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Durham probe appears to be ending with a fizzle.

Righties thought this was going to be some huge game-changer.

Here’s some right-wing memes from happier times:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 14th, 2022 at 10:25:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Ferrari, the Italian sportscar legend unveiled the Purosangue, the company’s first ever four-door, four-seat crossover-sized model which comes equipped with a V-12 engine capable of producing about 800 horsepower.

The Purosangue will rocket the kids in the back from zero to 60 mph in about 3 seconds. It isn’t all about speed in a straight line. The car’s aluminum frame, designed from scratch, includes hollow, thin wall, aluminum castings to minimize weight and maximize handling.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 14th, 2022 at 11:11:07 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
FWIW, I owned a V-12 Ferrari for ten years and I've no interest in owning another one.

Chalk it up to "finally buying what I dreamed of as a youth." the same as when I bought a Donzi.

In both cases the costs of ownership were much higher than I envisioned, and the performance, the "joy" just didn't pan out as I'd hoped.

Alas, many exotics are rarely driven "garage queens:" mine wasn't driven too often due to fear of yet another new hideously expensive repair being necessary.

Pretty cars but certainly not worth the money or the aggravation.
September 14th, 2022 at 12:12:23 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
If the CPI-U which came in at 8.3% for August, was calculated the way it was in the eighties, the current rate of inflation would be 16.5%. The highest in 100 years.

"The substantial decline in gasoline prices is noteworthy but doesn’t address the overall problem with inflation. The report notes that the food index has jumped 11.4% over the past year, marking the biggest 12-month increase since May 1979,"

Hours after the inflation report came out, Biden hosted a party to celebrate the 'inflation reduction act'.
September 14th, 2022 at 1:39:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
If the CPI-U which came in at 8.3% for August, was calculated the way it was in the eighties, the current rate of inflation would be 16.5%. The highest in 100 years.

"The substantial decline in gasoline prices is noteworthy but doesn’t address the overall problem with inflation. The report notes that the food index has jumped 11.4% over the past year, marking the biggest 12-month increase since May 1979,"

Hours after the inflation report came out, Biden hosted a party to celebrate the 'inflation reduction act'.

Can’t believe how much damage those $1200 checks from 2 years ago continue to do. 😞
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 14th, 2022 at 5:01:57 PM permalink
Tanko
Quote: ams288
Quote: Tanko

Can’t believe how much damage those $1200 checks from 2 years ago continue to do. 😞

The Boston bomber got one of those checks.

Mostly due to the dem anti-fossil fuel agenda, plus the $4.8 trillion in added spending, plus burdening US businesses with more than $200 billion additional government regulations, plus another 131 million hours in new annual paperwork. Actually more than that. Those were only the regulations added in his first twelve months.

Average American household wealth fell .4% so far this year. The first decline since the start of the pandemic.

That dollar you had in your pocket when Trump was president, is now worth eighty-eight cents.
September 14th, 2022 at 5:08:09 PM permalink
Tanko
'Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard'

Texas and Alabama are also sending them there.

The Obama's live there.

If he doesn't like it, he can take it up with his boss in the Whitehouse.