Thread Rating:

September 17th, 2022 at 6:06:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Quote: Tanko
The Boston bomber got one of those checks.

Mostly due to the dem anti-fossil fuel agenda, plus the $4.8 trillion in added spending, plus burdening US businesses with more than $200 billion additional government regulations, plus another 131 million hours in new annual paperwork. Actually more than that. Those were only the regulations added in his first twelve months.

Average American household wealth fell .4% so far this year. The first decline since the start of the pandemic.

That dollar you had in your pocket when Trump was president, is now worth eighty-eight cents.

The Dow is down another 600 points since that post two days ago.

Manufacturing Indexes still falling.

Consumer sentiment down. Although I can't see why. This is what they voted for.

Record amount of deposits withdrawn from banks to pay bills. People certainly not using it to buy stocks and bonds.

Ukraine war sucks
Nothing Trump could have done

I can only imagine the blame you (meaning Democrats) would be heaping upon Trump had Russia chosen to invade during Trump’s time as President! But since it happened once Biden was our Commander in Chief no blame goes his way! Biden’s response has been quite predictable (not necessarily wrong or bad) while frankly, who the f… could have predicted what Trump would have done? I believe Putin waited for the stable Biden versus the unstable Trump to be calling the shots. He’d had 4 LONG years under Trump if he in some way felt it would be to his advantage when Trump was in charge. Putin obviously didn’t!

Trump would have supported the invasion
Putin had a President in his pocket
This is a President that sided with Putin over our patriotic United States intelligence service
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 17th, 2022 at 6:10:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
The Boston bomber got one of those checks.

Mostly due to the dem anti-fossil fuel agenda, plus the $4.8 trillion in added spending, plus burdening US businesses with more than $200 billion additional government regulations, plus another 131 million hours in new annual paperwork. Actually more than that. Those were only the regulations added in his first twelve months.

Average American household wealth fell .4% so far this year. The first decline since the start of the pandemic.

That dollar you had in your pocket when Trump was president, is now worth eighty-eight cents.

The Dow is down another 600 points since that post two days ago.

Manufacturing Indexes still falling.

Consumer sentiment down. Although I can't see why. This is what they voted for.

Record amount of deposits withdrawn from banks to pay bills. People certainly not using it to buy stocks and bonds.

Ukraine war sucks
Nothing Trump could have done

I can only imagine the blame you (meaning Democrats) would be heaping upon Trump had Russia chosen to invade during Trump’s time as President! But since it happened once Biden was our Commander in Chief no blame goes his way! Biden’s response has been quite predictable (not necessarily wrong or bad) while frankly, who the f… could have predicted what Trump would have done? I believe Putin waited for the stable Biden versus the unstable Trump to be calling the shots. He’d had 4 LONG years under Trump if he in some way felt it would be to his advantage when Trump was in charge. Putin obviously didn’t!

I assume, {since I assume Trump is capable of dirty dealing under the table}, bad guys like Putin were getting things they wanted on the downlow. Just like I think Putin and Xi agree to certain hands-off agreements that they both benefit from by cooperation. But not necessarily things that are good for their people.

Stuff like below does not give me great confidence. It doesn't prove anything, but why did Trump need secrecy from his own top advisors, and storing whatever he said in classified documents like other Presidents? Oh right because he already knew he was taking everything down to Classified Library of Mar a Lago where it might be exposed anyway.

Quote:
After meeting with Putin at the 2017 Group of 20summit in Hamburg, Germany, Trump took his interpreter's notes and told him not to discuss the meeting with anyone, including other U.S. officials, the Post reported.

The paper said Trump's handling of the Hamburg meeting was "part of a broader pattern by the president of shielding his communications with Putin from public scrutiny and preventing even high-ranking officials in his own administration from fully knowing what he has told one of the United States’ main adversaries."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/13/trump-putin-meetings-interpreter-notes/2565471002/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 18th, 2022 at 5:04:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I didn't know Florida had a comic con. I thought it was just LA.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/thousands-of-people-attend-ocala-comic-con/ar-AA11YuIe?ocid=msedgdhp&cvid=9b481de397194866b256a659d1b4ddab
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 18th, 2022 at 6:24:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Was it comic con or a Trump / DeSantis rally?
September 18th, 2022 at 6:59:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

It's a huge countrywide business
There are actually several of them that rent out convention centers all over the country. They visit all the major cities. Some are bigger then others. The one I attended in Tampa was called metrocon. It's was anime based and attracted thousands of cosplay participants. I was recently in Knoxville and they had one.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 19th, 2022 at 8:21:44 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Spending the morning watching my Queens funeral. No one knows how to do pomp and ceremony like the Brits.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 19th, 2022 at 11:04:13 AM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: kenarman
Spending the morning watching my Queens funeral. No one knows how to do pomp and ceremony like the Brits.

Liz was pretty cool, but the whole idea of a monarchy is an anachronism, a throw back to a bygone era.

Then again, Trump wants to be crowned king, or so it seems.
September 19th, 2022 at 11:10:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Liz was pretty cool, but the whole idea of a monarchy is an anachronism, a throw back to a bygone era.

Liberals are the only ones it seems to. But he is the center of your life so I can see why you treat him as a king.
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2022 at 12:01:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: AZDuffman
Liberals are the only ones it seems to. But he is the center of your life so I can see why you treat him as a king.

LOL

Far from the center of my life.

More of a threat to my established way of life with his fomenting rebellion, stealing secret documents, and basically threatening civil war if he's indicted.

Sure sounds like someone who wants to be crowned king, or maybe emperor: he rejects the need for voting and following election results, believing that he and only he deserves to lead this country.

What a narcissistic jerk.
September 19th, 2022 at 12:07:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee

I would sooner have a Monarchy rather than the US system. Your population still wants royalty, so you worship sports and Hollywood figures and follow their every move.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin