In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 14th, 2022 at 5:40:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
'Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard'

Texas and Alabama are also sending them there.

The Obama's live there.

If he doesn't like it, he can take it up with his boss in the Whitehouse.

But the "boss in the Whitehouse" has to take it up with his bosses in Ukraine and China.
The President is a fink.
September 14th, 2022 at 5:43:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Obama doesn't have to deal with it. You could send them to Mar-a-lago. Trump doesn't have to deal with it either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 14th, 2022 at 6:08:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Obama doesn't have to deal with it. You could send them to Mar-a-lago. Trump doesn't have to deal with it either.

I don’t think the righties are going to realize anytime soon that no one besides them cares about where their attention-whore governors are sending immigrants. That is purely a right-wing media obsession.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 14th, 2022 at 6:10:02 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
'Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard' Texas and Alabama are also sending them there.

Excellent idea!

There has been one hell of a labor shortage in the food, beverage and hospitality industry in New England, and these new arrivals will have a keener work ethic than the locals.

Send more, there's restaurants clamoring for staff in order to return to full strength, full time.
September 14th, 2022 at 6:53:35 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: missedhervee
'Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard' Texas and Alabama are also sending them there.

Excellent idea!

There has been one hell of a labor shortage in the food, beverage and hospitality industry in New England, and these new arrivals will have a keener work ethic than the locals.

Send more, there's restaurants clamoring for staff in order to return to full strength, full time.

But, but, but…. the mayors of Chicago and NYC say they need federal money to be able to accept these hard workers…. Just another way for mayors of poorly run cities to beg for more money….m
I think it’s a great idea actually. Martha’s Vineyard! They can pick grapes for Martha?
September 14th, 2022 at 11:26:10 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: SOOPOO
I think it’s a great idea actually. Martha’s Vineyard! They can pick grapes for Martha?

Nah, they'll prepare haute cuisine for Biff and Tiffany, then mow their lawn.
September 15th, 2022 at 3:24:38 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: missedhervee

Cape Cod is pure Kennedy country, where half the Sound is empty, because all boats are ordered to stay far away from the Kennedy compound. Outsiders can spend their money and leave. What workers the Royals can't source locally, they import from Ireland, and nowhere else, in the form of young mostly male Irish students.
September 15th, 2022 at 4:05:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Cape Cod is pure Kennedy country, where half the Sound is empty, because all boats are ordered to stay far away from the Kennedy compound. Outsiders can spend their money and leave. What workers the Royals can't source locally, they import from Ireland, and nowhere else, in the form of young mostly male Irish students.

Pure Kennedy country?????????
Seriously??????????????
Hey Tanko, the 1960's are calling
They want their views back
Hey Tanko, it's 2022. What decade are you living in
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 15th, 2022 at 8:32:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
I don’t think the righties are going to realize anytime soon that no one besides them cares about where their attention-whore governors are sending immigrants. That is purely a right-wing media obsession.

I may have been wrong when I said no one besides the righties cares about this.

It seems like Big Tits DeSantis is taking more heat for this stunt that he might have expected. Perhaps he will stress-eat some more than usual today.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 15th, 2022 at 8:50:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I may have been wrong when I said no one besides the righties cares about this.

It seems like Big Tits DeSantis is taking more heat for this stunt that he might have expected. Perhaps he will stress-eat some more than usual today.

It's such a dumb meaningless political stunt involving a tiny tiny tiny number of immigrants
Another dumb absurd republican policy

I just heard due to a republican primary in NH, a Trumper won meaning NH is a lock for another Dem Senator.
Republicans need to step into reality instead of just giving the Senate to the Dems
I've never in my life seen a worst slate of Senate candidates from a major party
Stunning how terrible these people are
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"