In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 16th, 2016 at 5:35:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This guy was just arrested driving a government truck off the property.

Quote:
Medenbach had bail set at $10,000, according to the Oregonian, though his release may be more complicated because of previous federal cases against him.

The longtime opponent of the federal government was convicted for illegally camping at Washington’s Gifford Pinchot National Forest in Washington state and attempting to defend his camp with explosives, a grenade and trip wires.

Eh, I'd expect that last part to fetch some serious prison time. Or like, shouldn't he already be in jail?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/member-oregon-occupation-arrested-grocery-store-article-1.2498828
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2016 at 8:37:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I know some people subscribe to mental exercise through various activities. But the science is still sketchy, I'd say, at least for these type programs.

Quote:
The company behind the “brain-training” program Lumosity settled a complaint by the Federal Trade Commission last week that it engaged in false advertising when it claimed its online games could delay cognitive impairments — painful indignities of aging like dementia, memory loss and even Alzheimer’s.

The agreement calls for Lumos Labs to cough up $2 million for partial refunds and “prohibits deceptive conduct in the future.” Lumos also had to inform subscribers it “decided to settle a deceptive advertising lawsuit” and — this one’s gotta hurt — provide customers with a link to turn off automatic subscription renewal.

http://ww2.kqed.org/futureofyou/2016/01/15/lumosity-cant-prove-claims-say-scientists-but-brain-training-worth-researching/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2016 at 3:51:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I see Sarah Palins son got charged with assault, interference with the reporting of a domestic violence crime and possession of a firearm while intoxicated.
Ho hum.
Nobody is perfect.
But then
I saw this
Palin blames Obama for her son's problems
Obama
You cant make this stuff up lol

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/sarah-palin-track-arrest-ptsd-obama-214359387.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 20th, 2016 at 4:01:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
I see Sarah Palins son got charged with assault, interference with the reporting of a domestic violence crime and possession of a firearm while intoxicated.
Ho hum.
Nobody is perfect.
But then
I saw this
Obama
You cant make this stuff up lol

Considering Hillary blamed the GOP for Bill having affairs I say big deal.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2016 at 4:16:56 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

The Onion is not a real....

Oh, wait.

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/sarah-palin-track-arrest-ptsd-obama-214359387.html

Ok. Not The Onion.

What will really be hilarious is all the wingnuts sure to rise up in her defense.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 20th, 2016 at 4:28:57 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
Considering Hillary blamed the GOP for Bill having affairs I say big deal.

Did she?
Palin is off her rocker
If Clinton blamed the Gop for Bill having affairs then she is off her rocker
is this true?
I never heard this story.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 20th, 2016 at 4:35:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Did she?
Palin is off her rocker
If Clinton blamed the Gop for Bill having affairs then she is off her rocker
is this true?
I never heard this story.

Perhaps you do not remember the "vast right-wing conspiracy" comment during Monica?

Hillary is way off her rocker, always have been.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2016 at 5:17:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Perhaps you do not remember the "vast right-wing conspiracy" comment during Monica?

Hillary claimed all the bimbos coming
forward with things about Bill were all
right wing plants and it was a vast right
wing conspiracy. Those were the days.

In this clip she's referring to Lewinsky
and all the women Bill was accused of
being with since he was governor.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2016 at 5:29:00 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Evenbob
In this clip she's referring to Lewinsky
and all the women Bill was accused of
being with since he was governor

I don't see the connection to Lewinsky.
clip is very short so context unknown.
Source please showing above clip is referring to Lewinsky or post the above clip in a longer version showing context
January 20th, 2016 at 5:44:27 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
US (and other country) combat vets have been shockingly treated. PTSD or just having a life to come back to after serving or other medical issues. I don't think it's Obama's fault. It's the whole mechanisms fault, which has been in place through successive governments... firstly by sending people over there to fight a war based on a faulty dossier, lighting a powder keg in Iraq (cos that's really worked out well ever since).

I feel for the ground troops and the front line service folks... it's a nasty job at times, often helping people who don't want your help, with threats at every turn, crappy conditions (listen to Serial Season 2 for the terrible conditions some of the patrols had to put up with while searching for Bowe Bergdahl), and then coming back to what is often a lack of support from the people who sent them there, and some sectors of the public.

So, I might have sympathy for Track Palin, if this is PTSD related...

As for Hillary being of her rocker... sure, sure.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life