Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
It wasn't about sex! It was about the
sanctity of the Oval Office, it was
about disrespecting the presidency.

Oh give me a break
sancticity of the oval office lol
Tons of people have had sex in the White House
People have gotten high at the white house. (Willie Nelson)
People have gotten totally wasted in the whitehouse.
gambling has taken place in the whitehouse.
animals have lived in the white house. Hmm looks like animal sex probably took place in the whitehouse. oh the conservative horror
Its just a house with a long history of all kinds of unsavory things going on due to its long history of many short term stays by multiple Presidents
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 22nd, 2016 at 2:05:32 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Despite the conservative brush that gets swiped across me often, I am pretty liberal, maybe even deeply liberal, about many things, and sex is one of them.

But c'mon, man. If you were a fry cook getting handies in the stockroom, even that's a f#$%ing problem. For the CIC to be blow banging interns, period, is already way, way over the line, just from a professional standpoint. Once you get into the lies and whatnot (to the courts, not Mrs Bill), there kind of goes the ballgame.

You don't have to be unwaveringly red to see or feel that.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 22nd, 2016 at 2:22:52 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
But c'mon, man. If you were a fry cook getting handies in the stockroom, even that's a f#$%ing problem. For the CIC to be blow banging interns, period, is already way, way over the line, just from a professional standpoint.

Absolutely.

What does it say about the Republican party that they lost two elections to this man?

I'll tell you what: what would you think of a president who starts a completely unnecessary and futile war? But what does it say about the Democrats that they lost an election to Bush the younger?

Ok. Bottom line: standing on a soap box and yelling maniacally how much you hate the candidate is not a winning strategy.

Oh, and if someone ought to be off-his-rocker pissed at Bill Clinton, it's Gary Heart.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 22nd, 2016 at 2:31:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
Despite the conservative brush that gets swiped across me often, I am pretty liberal, maybe even deeply liberal, about many things, and sex is one of them.

But c'mon, man. If you were a fry cook getting handies in the stockroom, even that's a f#$%ing problem. For the CIC to be blow banging interns, period, is already way, way over the line, just from a professional standpoint. Once you get into the lies and whatnot (to the courts, not Mrs Bill), there kind of goes the ballgame.

You don't have to be unwaveringly red to see or feel that.

It's not that I think anything like that should be tacitly approved, but it should probably be linked to some dereliction of official duty.

The only reason I would make a difference over a President and your average CEO, is you average CEO can escape public attention and keep things out of the office if they really want to because they have time and refuge. A president has perks, but escaping without notice isn't one of them that is done easily.

I mean, every OTHER private dispute or failing between a President and his or her spouse is really their business anyway. If an intern wants to file a complaint against the boss, then that's certainly a prerogative. I believe there wasn't much difficulty initiating the affair on Lewinsky's part though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 22nd, 2016 at 3:10:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

I mean, every OTHER private dispute or failing between a President and his or her spouse is really their business anyway. If an intern wants to file a complaint against the boss, then that's certainly a prerogative. I believe there wasn't much difficulty initiating the affair on Lewinsky's part though.

No, but Paula Jones did file a complaint and Bill Clinton then committed perjury about Monica during the discovery process.
The President is a fink.
January 22nd, 2016 at 6:02:42 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine
It's not that I think anything like that should be tacitly approved, but it should probably be linked to some dereliction of official duty.

The only reason I would make a difference over a President and your average CEO, is you average CEO can escape public attention and keep things out of the office if they really want to because they have time and refuge. A president has perks, but escaping without notice isn't one of them that is done easily.

Lewinski was the aggressor, and Clinton the willing participant. She initiated the flirting, showed him her thong underwear, suggested they become intimate, continually made excuses to "run" into him in the WH. She wanted things to continue (was in love with him), and he wanted them to stop. She did not want to expose any of it, but she picked the wrong confidante in Linda Tripp. It was Tripp that leveraged the information about the activity to his political enemies and the media, not Lewinski. Lewinski was a hostile (unwilling) witness.

That doesn't excuse his behavior or participation, or hers, but there's a perspective that's missing in this discussion, which is they were two consenting adults who really weren't harming anybody else, and got caught in the fishing expedition for other transgressions, and by other people's agendas.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 22nd, 2016 at 8:59:11 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: reno
It’s probably just a bunch of comets.

The comet theory no longer holds up. Astronomers at Yale and Penn State have now ruled out comets as the source of the shadow blocking the light from KIC 8462852. The more we learn about this star, (and the mysterious object in front of it,) the weirder things get.

The next step to solve the mystery is to examine the colors of the light emitted by the star, but astronomers will have to wait a few months: right now the star is blocked by our own sun.
January 23rd, 2016 at 5:33:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
Lewinski was the aggressor, and Clinton the willing participant. She initiated the flirting, showed him her thong underwear, suggested they become intimate, continually made excuses to "run" into him in the WH. She wanted things to continue (was in love with him), and he wanted them to stop. She did not want to expose any of it, but she picked the wrong confidante in Linda Tripp. It was Tripp that leveraged the information about the activity to his political enemies and the media, not Lewinski. Lewinski was a hostile (unwilling) witness.

That doesn't excuse his behavior or participation, or hers, but there's a perspective that's missing in this discussion, which is they were two consenting adults who really weren't harming anybody else, and got caught in the fishing expedition for other transgressions, and by other people's agendas.

You are still missing the point. It was not the affair that got him impeached, it was the perjury. Get it?
The President is a fink.
January 23rd, 2016 at 7:47:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The no go zone in Oregon created by white conservative gun nut terrorists continues.
This is great.
Conservatives that constantly complained about no go zones are quiet :-) LOL
Here is the latest negotiation between the terrorists and the FBI

Bundy insists the FBI has no standing
"Are you here under authority of the sheriff?" Bundy asked.
"You do not have the people's authority to be here."

the negotiator told him, "The sheriff has asked for our assistance."

The FBI does have standing lol

Bundy
"You can bring the Hammonds back home to their families."
FBI "Are you referring to a pardon"
Bundy "need to work their magic" to free the ranchers.

Now the terrorists are demanding magic
MAGIC LOL

These guys are never leaving. Their demands are absurd. Magic is not real lol

Too rich
A permanent no go zone in the good ol USA due to white conservative terrorist gun nuts

Can you imagine the outrage at fox if these were blacks or Muslims

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/fbi_and_oregon_standoff_leader.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 23rd, 2016 at 8:30:35 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
You are still missing the point. It was not the affair that got him impeached, it was the perjury. Get it?

I tend to be socially liberal but if a person cheats on their spouse I do not want that person representing me as president.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.