In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 10th, 2022 at 6:59:54 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Dems hatred of Musk is a little confusing to me.

The guys biggest accomplishments are creating electric vehicles, a centralized currency holding platform that can be shut off for censorship, and space stuff mostly used for surveillance. Libs love electric vehicles and excessive government control so why such hate for a man known for creating the types of things they love?
November 10th, 2022 at 7:16:21 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: rquiredusername

The guys biggest accomplishments are creating electric vehicles, a centralized currency holding platform that can be shut off for censorship, and space stuff mostly used for surveillance. Libs love electric vehicles and excessive government control so why such hate for a man known for creating the types of things they love?

The radical left absolutely do not want the free speech.

He also didn’t create Tesla, he bought the company and then backstabbed the original founders.
November 10th, 2022 at 7:20:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

I really like sleeping with my head on a pillow as well. However, I think the answer is that Musk is a powerful guy but you can't trust him to stay on one political side. So, you can't endorse him with any confidence.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 10th, 2022 at 7:22:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Ummm…. Just take a look at all the BS he tweets and you should be able to see why the left hates him.

I for one am loving watching him lose billions by single handedly destroying Twitter. It’s happening faster than I ever could have imagined.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 10th, 2022 at 9:26:23 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Quote: ams288
Ummm…. Just take a look at all the BS he tweets and you should be able to see why the left hates.

I may just be dense, but about the only reason I generally see why “lefties” or “righties” dislike anything in particular is simply cuz other lefties/righties do, some good old tribalism monkey see monkey do.
November 10th, 2022 at 9:40:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

He is a conman, have been saying it for years. I did not like him when. he was a left hero, and I still don't like him while he is a right hero.

He makes his money on hype and inflated value. He has an endless list of promises that were never, and will never be delivered.
November 11th, 2022 at 2:38:54 AM permalink
Tanko
Musk really screwed up this time. He paid $40 billion to much for Twitter, which hasn't turned a profit in three years.

Now, he's warning bankruptcy is a possibility.

"Without significant subscription revenue, there is a good chance Twitter will not survive the upcoming economic downturn."

It's not just Twitter.

'A wave of layoffs is sweeping the US'
November 11th, 2022 at 3:01:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I may just be dense, but about the only reason I generally see why “lefties” or “righties” dislike anything in particular is simply cuz other lefties/righties do, some good old tribalism monkey see monkey do.

I think this is more true on the left than the right. Mainly because issues on the right boil down to a few core beliefs that relate to each other. On the left you will have a union that works for a company making SUVs come out against so-called global warming just because they are on the "same side." Or the same union for anti-gun laws when their members are probably hunters and pro gun rights.

The best description I ever heard remains that both sides see inequality in the world but the right just wants equal opportunity the left wants equal outcome. The right understands people have differing ability an accepts some will do better than others, the left wants to punish those who have more to help those with less.
The President is a fink.
November 11th, 2022 at 3:27:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Quote: terapined
Watched the Ron Howard movie
Watched the Nova documentary
Now reading the book by the lead diver

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59856348-aquanaut
Aquanaut: The Inside Story of the Thai Cave Rescue
Rick Stanton

The book also showed what an a**hole Musk is
These Thai cave divers are heroes
Musk is probably the only human on the planet that holds a deep hatred for the Thai Cave divers and Rick Stanton in particular. Musk hates Stanton
Is that sick or what.
Called him a pedo for saving these kids and their coach
It's a hate that illogical
But there it is
Musk is full of illogical hate for the Thai cave diver heroes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 11th, 2022 at 3:41:49 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I really like sleeping with my head on a pillow as well. However, I think the answer is that Musk is a powerful guy but you can't trust him to stay on one political side. So, you can't endorse him with any confidence.

That is what makes Musk admirable to me. He speaks his mind and isn't beholden to a political party.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.