In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 13th, 2022 at 6:01:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Hobbs up 26k with 93% counted
Looking good :-)

What?!?!!? jcw said the GOP would win this race by 10%!

(Sorry, I will not stop making fun on jcw’s horrible 2022 predictions for a while)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 14th, 2022 at 1:36:34 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
The Miami Hurricanes have had a horrible year including getting beaten 45-3 by Florida State. I live in Cape Coral Florida and we had some serious damage from Ian.

🤣 At the first part of your post. I remember one day during Hurricane Season looking up something like,"What Hurricanes are coming to Miami?" On Google....And Google gave me links to The Miami Hurricanes, as in the College Football Team, and not the 🌀 I was thinking of. 😒 Get out of here, Google! 😒

But 😳 at the second part of your post about Ian giving you serious damage from Ian.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
November 14th, 2022 at 7:31:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
What?!?!!? jcw said the GOP would win this race by 10%!

(Sorry, I will not stop making fun on jcw’s horrible 2022 predictions for a while)

10%???????????????????????
ROTFL
Lake ran one of the worst campaigns in the history of Arizona. She demanded McCain Republicans leave her rallies. Constantly insulted McCain.
Certainly not running to win
Everybody but her knows the Maga crowd may win primaries but it doesn't take you a cross the finish line. You have to attract the McCain crowd, not insult them.
What a loser.
Good riddance
The politics of hate lost
https://people.com/politics/kari-lake-calls-john-mccain-loser-campaign-trail/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2022 at 11:35:32 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
10%???????????????????????
ROTFL
Lake ran one of the worst campaigns in the history of Arizona. She demanded McCain Republicans leave her rallies. Constantly insulted McCain.
Certainly not running to win
Everybody but her knows the Maga crowd may win primaries but it doesn't take you a cross the finish line. You have to attract the McCain crowd, not insult them.
What a loser.
Good riddance
The politics of hate lost
https://people.com/politics/kari-lake-calls-john-mccain-loser-campaign-trail/

She ran to win. And may still be the winner (unlikely, but not impossible). As far as I can tell, no major outlet has called the race yet. Whether she wins or loses, somewhere between 49.5 and 50.5% voted for her. Making any comment other than ‘Arizonans are split nearly down the middle on Hobbs and Lake’ is just reaching.

She is confident she won. Whether delusional or not, Lake is doing ‘transition of power preparations’ already.

My final guesses…. Repubs 220-215
Dems 51-49
Hobbs governor
McCarthy SOH
And SADLY, Trump announces for Prez
November 14th, 2022 at 1:03:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
She ran to win. And may still be the winner (unlikely, but not impossible). As far as I can tell, no major outlet has called the race yet. Whether she wins or loses, somewhere between 49.5 and 50.5% voted for her. Making any comment other than ‘Arizonans are split nearly down the middle on Hobbs and Lake’ is just reaching.

She is confident she won. Whether delusional or not, Lake is doing ‘transition of power preparations’ already.

Dems 51-49
Hobbs governor
McCarthy SOH

As soon as the election business is done plus a couple weeks, trump likely gets indicted. My prediction.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2022 at 1:42:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
As soon as the election business is done plus a couple weeks, trump likely gets indicted. My prediction.

So you are saying they finally figured a fake charge?
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2022 at 1:57:26 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO

I think Dems 218 and getting control is as likely as anything
Quote:
Dems 51-49
Hobbs governor
McCarthy SOH
Agree including the sadness. However, that I vote for Trump again is as likely as anything [or throw away my vote on a 3rd party cand. which is the same thing]
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 14th, 2022 at 2:34:10 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
I think Dems 218 and getting control is as likely as anything

I'm sure Soopoo would probably be willing to make a wager with you if you think it is as likely the Dems will maintain control.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 14th, 2022 at 3:35:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are saying they finally figured a fake charge?

As his former Vice President Pence just said this weekend about Trump regarding Trump's behavior on Jan 6. "It doesn't take courage to break the law, it takes courage to uphold the law. The Presidents words were reckless. It was clear he decided to be part of the problem."

Yeah, I don't really know if they will indict him, but no one semi-sentient could actually believe in Trump's character as anything but dishonorable and despicable at this point.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2022 at 7:01:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Donald Trump hoarded $94 million this election in his various political committees as his anointed candidates lost the Senate for Republicans in tight races where that money might have made the difference between winning and losing.

“Trump had it and didn’t give it to them,” said Scott Jennings, a GOP consultant close to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who pointed out Blake Masters’ recent complaint on Fox News that McConnell had not helped his losing Senate campaign in Arizona. “Why is Masters asking McConnell to carry him around in a Baby Bjorn when Trump wouldn’t?”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-sat-on-94-million-as-his-chosen-candidates-lost-the-senate-for-republicans/ar-AA146IlC?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9e3acd5f8b4642c29a2695db6ae70006