In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 30th, 2022 at 1:20:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Trump gave to charity. True.

Is there a record of his donating his entire salary as President like he said?

Ha hah ha. Yeah, no.

Maybe you need to look somewhere besides the PMSNBC website. It is a clear matter of public record that he did.

I'd ask you to prove he did not but we know what happens when you are asked that.
The President is a fink.
December 30th, 2022 at 3:15:37 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
Quote: rquiredusername
Quote: ams288
I used to think Donny was the most prolific liar of our time…. This Santos guy is giving him a run for his money!

Jussie and Lizzie Warren still exist too

No comparison
Not even close
Lied as opposed to a habitual liar about everything in his life.

It was all just locker room talk bro
December 30th, 2022 at 11:43:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Maybe you need to look somewhere besides the PMSNBC website. It is a clear matter of public record that he did.

I'd ask you to prove he did not but we know what happens when you are asked that.

Seems like I may have jumped that gun on that one. Unlike you I don't double down on being wrong and then play dumb like you. Or maybe you're not really "playing" dumb.

Still looks like there is a problem with 2020.

Quote:
Ms McEnany tweeted: “President @realDonaldTrump made a commitment to donate his salary while in office. Honoring that promise and to further protect the American people, he is donating his 2019 Q4 salary to @HHSGov to support the efforts being undertaken to confront, contain, and combat #Coronavirus.”

Regardless of when the actual salary was received, any donation made in 2020 should have been reported on that year’s return

Of course, there's this, not that you care about an actual fact.

Quote:
Last week, Justice Saliann Scarpulla of the New York Supreme Court ordered President Donald Trump to pay $2 million in restitution to charity after admitting to New York Attorney General Letitia James that he and his children had violated their fiduciary duties as officers and directors of the now-shuttered Donald J. Trump Foundation. As a result of that failure, charitable dollars — consistently and over many years — often benefited Trump rather than the causes the president has repeatedly claimed he supports.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 31st, 2022 at 6:56:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
They arrested someone in connection with the death of the 4 college students in Idaho.

Last chance to speculate the kind of killer. Random Serial killer, crazy ex, one time disturbed stalker, near neighbor....some combo of things?
Quote:
The man arrested over the brutal murders of four University of Idaho students is a crime expert who was studying for a Ph.D in criminal justice just 10 miles from where the slayings took place.
https://nypost.com/2022/12/30/idaho-murder-suspect-bryan-kohberger-what-we-know/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 31st, 2022 at 9:13:54 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
https://nypost.com/2022/12/30/idaho-murder-suspect-bryan-kohberger-what-we-know/

I wonder if he will write his dissertation on the feelings and emotions of committing multiple homicides. I would read it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2023 at 3:02:16 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
A six year old boy gunned down his teacher yesterday.
The teacher is alive but suffered serious injuries.
A 6 year old is too young to be charged with a crime.

It's a very proud day for the NRA and gun lovers everywhere.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/06/1147629793/shooting-virginia-elementary-school-6-year-old
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
January 7th, 2023 at 5:34:07 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: PotPie
A six year old boy gunned down his teacher yesterday.
The teacher is alive but suffered serious injuries.
A 6 year old is too young to be charged with a crime.

It's a very proud day for the NRA and gun lovers everywhere.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/06/1147629793/shooting-virginia-elementary-school-6-year-old

Assuming he got the gun from home, hopefully the adults will be charged.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 7th, 2023 at 5:48:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
Assuming he got the gun from home, hopefully the adults will be charged.

About the only thing that would clear the parents is if he was at a neighbor's house and got it there. Or someone in his neighborhood tossed the gun in his yard while trying to evade the police.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2023 at 6:46:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
About the only thing that would clear the parents is if he was at a neighbor's house and got it there. Or someone in his neighborhood tossed the gun in his yard while trying to evade the police.

I hope the parents rot in jail. I wonder (assuming child came from two parent household) if there is automatic shared culpability? Like if mother leaves for work at 6am and father gets kid ready for school and he left the gun out?
January 7th, 2023 at 11:37:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Prosecutors said McClure and her then-boyfriend, Mark D’Amico, concocted a good Samaritan story in November 2017, claiming that homeless veteran Johnny Bobbitt Jr. had given his last $20 to McClure when her car ran out of gas in Philadelphia.

The couple launched a GoFundMe campaign, ostensibly collecting money to help Bobbitt get his life in order. The campaign, which featured a photo of McClure, D'Amico and Bobbitt outside a gas station, went viral and some 14,000 donors contributed $402,000.

But prosecutors said McClure, 32, and D’Amico, 43, both of Florence, New Jersey, used most of the money for personal expenses, including gambling trips, a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon and lavish purchases.

"Within a few months of the campaign’s creation, all of the donated funds had been spent," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/new-jersey-woman-sentenced-on-state-charges-for-role-in-400k-homeless-vet-gofundme-scam/ar-AA164OO0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=08b30916d7b14a01aec71fad3514e84f