In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 15th, 2023 at 12:18:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Here's an idea for the right to promote. This is Ecuador. Make a citizen test no one can pass.

Quote:

Not a single candidate has successfully passed the new immigration test for citizenship administered in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs district office in Azogues since the government of Guillermo Lasso took office and installed new administrative staff in Quito.

To be clear, passing the test is required for all citizenship applicants under the age of 65. Those who are older are exempt.

The chief administrator in the Azogues immigration office admits the new test is almost impossible to pass. In fact, he took the test himself and failed twice.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 15th, 2023 at 2:16:54 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I was watching "Fantomworks" on Motor Trend TV today and saw something uprecedented: the same two or so minute clip ran over and over, always followed by a commercial.

At the end of the commercial the same clip started up again, over and over.

At least ten times.

WTF?
January 17th, 2023 at 1:17:14 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
GOP loser Pena hired men to fire live rounds at Democrats homes per criminal charges filed against him.
He was upset. He claimed, like Trump that he was actually the winner in November.
Maybe all the Republicans who lost really ARE winners. Maybe THERE REALLY IS A CONSPIRACY as the great Donald Trump has implied.

The Grand Ole Party - aren't they grand.

They're so very proud of who they are.

https://www.abqjournal.com/2565117/solomon-pena-arrested-in-shootings-targeting-new-mexico-democratic-politicians-homes.html
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
January 17th, 2023 at 10:45:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: PotPie
GOP loser Pena hired men to fire live rounds at Democrats homes per criminal charges filed against him.
He was upset. He claimed, like Trump that he was actually the winner in November.
Maybe all the Republicans who lost really ARE winners. Maybe THERE REALLY IS A CONSPIRACY as the great Donald Trump has implied.

The Grand Ole Party - aren't they grand.

They're so very proud of who they are.

https://www.abqjournal.com/2565117/solomon-pena-arrested-in-shootings-targeting-new-mexico-democratic-politicians-homes.html

It's really really sick.
This is the uniquely republican problem of outright denial of losing elections.
These losers continue to spew BS and get people so crazy, they attack the capitol or shoot at Dems houses.
This guy is really scary
All these houses that got shot up
He personally went to each of these houses to directly confront Dems personally that he won when he's in fact total loser.
I'm waiting for next rightwing extremist to take matters in their own hand due to Kari Lake being a total sore loser.
This sore loser mentality is dangerous for the country
Republicans need to severely condemn these sore losers
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/solomon-pen-new-mexico-gop-candidate-visited-homes-democratic-politici-rcna66092
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 18th, 2023 at 1:34:31 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Is nobody talking about George Santos? This guy is hilarious what a sham he is, and all the shady things he does. I don't know how he got away with it, seems everything about him is illegal.
January 18th, 2023 at 5:41:12 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Lying politician. Who would have guessed?

That district has a large latino population. They tend to vote for their own, as do many voters. Had Santos been truthful from the beginning, he still would have won the election.

Can't see him finishing his term.

Holding his ground in the debate with Zimmerman.
January 18th, 2023 at 6:16:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

That district has a large latino population. They tend to vote for their own, as do many voters. Had Santos been truthful from the beginning, he still would have won the election.

Really????????
I think hispanic voters are intelligent and would not have voted for him if they knew the truth about this guy.
You really think hispanic voters are dumb because they are hispanic.
I've met many Hispanics.
Regular intelligent people no smarter or dumber then any other demographic.
No doubt most blacks didn't vote for Herschel Walker because they knew the truth.
Hispanics are no different in this regard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 18th, 2023 at 11:53:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Come up with a bad idea, and then prove it. Probably be the next TiKtok trend.

Quote:
Three children and three adults were killed when their throats were slit by kite strings during a weekend festival in the Indian state of Gujarat.

The casualties occurred at the annual Uttarayan festival, where revelers are known to engage in kite fights, in which competitors aim to sever the kite strings of other opponents, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

The dangerous kite strings are often coated with glass powder, or even lined with metal, making them razor-sharp.

Local officials said several victims bled to death after having their necks sliced by the strings used by kite fliers.

A further 176 participants were injured after suffering cuts and falls while flying kites, police said,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 18th, 2023 at 3:45:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Rapper gets better than expected lawsuit judgment. He was promoting a company.

Flo Rider initially seeking $30,000 in damages, but was ultimately awarded $82,650,450 after jurors sided with him in the lawsuit.
January 18th, 2023 at 7:26:32 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: terapined
Really????????
I think hispanic voters are intelligent and would not have voted for him if they knew the truth about this guy.
You really think hispanic voters are dumb because they are hispanic.
I've met many Hispanics.
Regular intelligent people no smarter or dumber then any other demographic.
No doubt most blacks didn't vote for Herschel Walker because they knew the truth.
Hispanics are no different in this regard

I really do not know how he got away with it this far. Was he just off limits according to his boxes he checked or what? Was it the media, was it the Republican party, was it the Democrat party? All probably but why? My hypothesis was he was not vetted because he was gay(if this is even true) and hispanic(if this is even true). He is taking the armoire, and that's all there is to it.

Can you read my son??? Tanko did not say what you're saying he said at all.
Quote: Tanko

That district has a large latino population. They tend to vote for their own, as do many voters. Had Santos been truthful from the beginning, he still would have won the election