odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
I dont find anti semitism in everything
I just call it out when I see it
I see it a lot on the right
In fact a lot of people on the right are loud and proud of their anti semitism
I think is important to call out these anti semites. It sickens me and disgusts
For Foxnews to directly blame Soros for a attack on a weatherman by teens has to disgust Jews
It feeds into the narative of these knuckledraggers that hate jews

As a matter of fact I think antisemitism is pretty alive in certain parts of the Left, though we all know the extreme skinhead Right contains it

I'll just post some links

https://www.ajc.org/news/hate-is-on-the-rise-antisemitism-surges-on-americas-far-left-and-far-right

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/some-2022-left-wing-candidates-espouse-troubling-rhetoric-israel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/10/27/antisemitism-left-rising/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_antisemitism
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 24th, 2023 at 1:53:55 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: PotPie
Soopoo - elsewhere you posted about going to Hanukkah parties.
I believe you're Jewish.
What do you feel about the right's raging anti-semitism?
The link is re Trump's hosting of anti-semites at a dinner party.

Let me guess.
You think it's a very small thing that should be ignored.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/02/trump-dinner-antisemites-nick-fuentes-kanye-west

I’m never in favor of anti (semitism, Asian, African American, Latino, etc..) as concepts. I believe anti semitism is ingrained in a large swath of the population. Has been for centuries. Will continue to be for centuries. I never say it should be ignored. But it should be analyzed, and appropriate measures enacted to limit it IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES. I’m more free speech. If a guy wants to go to the corner of Broad and Wall and get on a soapbox and scream that Jews are ruining America, I think that’s his right. Heck, our politicians send money to Palestine while they lob bombs at the only country where Jews have a large population. And send their children laden with bombs onto buses and into cafes. So there are many ‘right leaning’ television channels that are markedly pro Israel, pro Jew if you will. The Democrats actually elected Omar and Tlaib. If you don’t believe they are more anti semitic than any ‘far right’ elected official I can’t help you.

Trump is an idiot. I will not deny he has dined with people even more idiotic than himself. I don’t believe the ‘right’ is more antisemitic than the ‘left’. Maybe the extreme fringes are more visible. If you’ve read my posts I’m no fan of either left or right fringes.

So to answer your question, I don’t think it should be ignored. If DeSantis/Haley start lunching with Ye, I’d worry about that.
January 24th, 2023 at 2:02:29 PM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Don't buy it at all.
The left having issues with Israel is not at all the same thing as a right wing politician talking down Jews.
It's totally legitimate to have political differences with Israel.
It doesn't make a person an anti-Semite.
A politician, talking down Jews while running for office in America, that's a whole different ball of wax.
And it's coming from the right, not from the left.
You're not going to fool anybody saying otherwise.

It just won't fly.
That dog won't hunt.

For every one person talking down Jews from the left; there are a hundred talking down Jews from the right.

I wonder what you're going to do when you're at a rightist convention of some sort and you hear the ugly talk?

I'll bet you're going to be real quiet. Just sit there and take it.
Pretend it didn't happen.
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
January 24th, 2023 at 3:05:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
The Democrats actually elected Omar and Tlaib. If you don’t believe they are more anti semitic than any ‘far right’ elected official I can’t help you.

You constantly make BS declarations and refuse to dig deep. sad.
I cant help you if you cant determine being against Israel policies is not anti jew
I thought you were smarter then that but apparently I am wrong
Muslims against Israel expansion is not anti semitic
I'm against Israel expanding into occupied territories.
Its a common liberal position.
A lot of Jews are against Israeli expansion
Lets take Omar
Why do you believe she is anti semitic????????????
I totally agree with Omar
AIPAC
its all about the Benjamins
I'm not an anti semite
Do you believe Omar is and why
Times of Israel dug deep. She is not an anti semite

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-ilhan-omar-anti-semitism-controversy-explained/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 24th, 2023 at 3:23:34 PM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Oh, and I almost forgot.

What are all of the other righties on this site going to do when they hear the ugly talk in their meetings?

Nothing. They will do nothing and say nothing.
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
January 24th, 2023 at 7:54:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
You constantly make BS declarations and refuse to dig deep. sad.
I cant help you if you cant determine being against Israel policies is not anti jew
I thought you were smarter then that but apparently I am wrong
Muslims against Israel expansion is not anti semitic
I'm against Israel expanding into occupied territories.
Its a common liberal position.
A lot of Jews are against Israeli expansion
Lets take Omar
Why do you believe she is anti semitic????????????
I totally agree with Omar
AIPAC
its all about the Benjamins
I'm not an anti semite
Do you believe Omar is and why
Times of Israel dug deep. She is not an anti semite

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-ilhan-omar-anti-semitism-controversy-explained/

Did I mention expansion? I mentioned lobbing bombs into civilian areas indiscriminately. I mentioned sending your children with bombs affixed to their bodies into civilian buses and civilian cafes.
Ed, you can try all you want to infer/say/whatever that I’m not as smart as you. Using ANY metric you are wrong. Your arguments rarely follow any logical pattern. You don’t listen to cogent arguments refuting your attempted points. Sometimes they make so little sense I don’t even know where to start.

There are many Israeli policies I might disagree with. Omar /Tlaib/etc.. want to fund the organizations that actively promote violence, originating in Gaza, directly aimed at civilians in Israel. And when Israel launches a counter attack those losers will be the first to attack Israel because Israel is stronger and more efficient.

I’m not sure why I’m even trying here….
January 24th, 2023 at 7:56:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: PotPie
Oh, and I almost forgot.

What are all of the other righties on this site going to do when they hear the ugly talk in their meetings?

Nothing. They will do nothing and say nothing.

I have been to countless fundraisers for both Democrat and Republican politicians. I have never once heard a single anti semitic comment.
January 24th, 2023 at 9:24:29 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO

There are many Israeli policies I might disagree with. Omar /Tlaib/etc.. want to fund the organizations that actively promote violence, originating in Gaza, directly aimed at civilians in Israel. And when Israel launches a counter attack those losers will be the first to attack Israel because Israel is stronger and more efficient.

I’m not sure why I’m even trying here….

More garbage and BS
Omar does not support violence
You make horrible baseless BS accusations with not a shred of proof.
Are these Jews anti semetic ?????????????
These Jews would welcome her
Are you of the mind that all Palestinians are terrorists
It's BS
There an awful lot of jews that actually stand with Palestinians. Her views are no different then these jews.
I agree with Omar and these Jews.
We don't support violence

When I think of anti semites, I look at holocaust deniers. These sickos are very friendly with Gossar and Gaetz, not Omar.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 24th, 2023 at 10:10:04 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit

I'll just post some links

You realize that one of your links is a subscriber only link. Are you a paid subscriber or do you just post links without reading the article?
When I post a link, I read it 1st. Maybe you should try that.
January 24th, 2023 at 11:55:42 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Omar is just simply an evil hate filled human being.