In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 16th, 2023 at 1:08:04 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: PotPie
Microsoft's AI Bing chatbot is showing a lot of sensitivity.
The image is one of its responses.
Users are having fun trying to trick it and frustrate it.

This stuff is way, way out there somewhere like from an alternate universe.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/02/ai-powered-bing-chat-loses-its-mind-when-fed-ars-technica-article/
somebody could be putting us on, but this is creepy
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 16th, 2023 at 1:52:18 PM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: odiousgambit
somebody could be putting us on, but this is creepy

It's not a put on.
The stories aren't phony.
Many major newspapers and media sources have reported on this.

The tech industry calls these strange answers "hallucinations."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/16/tech/bing-dark-side/index.html
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
February 16th, 2023 at 1:59:37 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Senator Fetterman has allegedly just checked in to a hospital to have his depression treated. That is astounding, considering the outpatient resources that a Senator must have access to. He must be a shambles of his previous self. The stroke a year ago with only partial recovery. The ‘incident’ last week requiring hospitalization. And now this. He needs loved ones who actually care about him to help him resign. You think it’s good for him to try and do the work of being a Senator?

WTF is wrong with our system if we elect those who shouldn’t be elected.
Fetterman
Santos
Feinstein (last election)
Trump
MTG
I can go on….

I think if he is needed for a vote the Dems may go full ‘Weekend at Bernie’s’!!!!
February 16th, 2023 at 2:15:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Senator Fetterman has allegedly just checked in to a hospital to have his depression treated. That is astounding, considering the outpatient resources that a Senator must have access to. He must be a shambles of his previous self. The stroke a year ago with only partial recovery. The ‘incident’ last week requiring hospitalization. And now this. He needs loved ones who actually care about him to help him resign. You think it’s good for him to try and do the work of being a Senator?

Fetterman
Santos
Trump
MTG
I can go on….

I think if he is needed for a vote the Dems may go full ‘Weekend at Bernie’s’!!!!

All I care about is the GOP not getting their hands on that senate seat for the next 6 years.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 16th, 2023 at 2:18:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Fetterman
Santos
Trump
MTG
I can go on….

Its the smart move
I wish my father was that smart and he was a PHD out of Yale that suffered from severe depression
He eventually committed suicide
He was brilliant. If he got treatment, could have continued being a brilliant scientist
Hopefully Fetterman gets the help he needs and becomes a better man
Probably one of the reasons my father did not seek help is the old fashioned attitude of people like Soopoo shaming depression :-(
Despite Soopoo's shaming that people with depression cant do a job, people with depression can be highly functioning with treatment
I suffer from depression. I took a leave of absence from my job. I was very skilled when I returned and the company appreciated it. Fetterman has my total support
STOP SHAMING DEPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 16th, 2023 at 3:46:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Its the smart move
I wish my father was that smart and he was a PHD out of Yale that suffered from severe depression
He eventually committed suicide
He was brilliant. If he got treatment, could have continued being a brilliant scientist
Hopefully Fetterman gets the help he needs and becomes a better man
Probably one of the reasons my father did not seek help is the old fashioned attitude of people like Soopoo shaming depression :-(
Despite Soopoo's shaming that people with depression cant do a job, people with depression can be highly functioning with treatment
I suffer from depression. I took a leave of absence from my job. I was very skilled when I returned and the company appreciated it. Fetterman has my total support
STOP SHAMING DEPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m not shaming a person with depression. I’m saying that he has had multiple medical issues that need to be addressed, and they DO impact his ability to perform the job of US Senator. And if it is severe enough to require inpatient treatment, that’s a LONG HAUL to getting better. And trying to do the job of a US Senator while dealing with his multiple medical issues is NOT helpful to his recovery.

ams’ reply is the typical Democrat response. ‘Who the f… cares if Fetterman can get better as long as there isn’t a Republican in his seat’.

As I mentioned in my post, he is NOT FIT for the job. Similar to Feinstein now. And Santos in a different way.
February 16th, 2023 at 6:05:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
ams’ reply is the typical Democrat response. ‘Who the f… cares if Fetterman can get better as long as there isn’t a Republican in his seat’.

It’s true though. The Republican Party is a threat to Democracy.

Depression is common after suffering a stroke. The voters of PA knew he had medical issues. They saw the debate, THEY DIDN’T CARE. He won pretty easily. The seat is his, no matter how many butthurt republicans claim he’s unfit.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 16th, 2023 at 8:51:27 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
It’s true though. The Republican Party is a threat to Democracy.

Depression is common after suffering a stroke. The voters of PA knew he had medical issues. They saw the debate, THEY DIDN’T CARE. He won pretty easily. The seat is his, no matter how many butthurt republicans claim he’s unfit.

The ‘threat’ resulted in a Dem President. Dem Vice President. Dem control of the Senate. Half the states with Dem governors. I’m not worried about ‘the sky is falling’ fear mongering Dems.

If Fetterman resigns, doesn’t the governor appoint his replacement? (Democrat governor). He should resign.

He has more than ‘medical issues’. He’s unfit. Being hospitalized for severe depression. After a ‘surprise’ hospitalization for unknown reasons. After a stroke with what appears to be permanent lack of ability to understand speech.

The Democrat party is an existential threat. Inflation. Border insecurity. Debt exploding. You are aware over last two years ONE MILLION people have left California and New York to escape the Democrat run and dominated states? Mayor of NYC asking for billions of federal dollars to find new 4 star hotels for the illegals coming to the sanctuary city. Homelessness rampant.

Yeah, I’m worried about a stupid perception of a ‘threat to democracy’. Trump will lose, either in a primary or he gets destroyed in a national election. The insurrectionists from Jan 6 were a bunch of disorganized idiots. No ‘threat to Democracy’.

Question for the audience…. Is there ANY mechanism to have a Congressman or Senator ousted for ‘unfitness’? If not, there should be.
February 17th, 2023 at 12:53:42 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5

Human beings are deeply flawed.

Even though I disagree with your political positions I know that you are an intelligent and reasonable person.

Many humans are neither intelligent nor reasonable.

Many who are intelligent are not reasonable.

We all see the world thru special glasses that reflect our own biases.

I have no doubt that many in this country who owned and sold slaves were very intelligent.

They of course knew that slavery was wrong, but they were able to justify it in their own minds.

Their minds allowed them to believe that anything that benefitted them could not be wrong.
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
February 17th, 2023 at 4:39:11 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: PotPie

They of course knew that slavery was wrong, but they were able to justify it in their own minds.

What makes you think that most knew it was wrong?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.