In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 17th, 2023 at 1:03:42 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DoubleGold
That's funny. LOL

So if I win, are you going to sign everything you have over to me for nothing in return?

You wouldn’t win. SCOTUS is never going to hear this case.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 17th, 2023 at 1:04:42 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: ams288
You wouldn’t win. SCOTUS is never going to hear this case.

You know, never say never.
February 17th, 2023 at 3:38:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Never heard of this, but I guess if it’s got a name it must be common enough.

Quote:
Even after you think you bought a car, dealerships can 'yo-yo' you and take it back

"I received a phone call from the finance manager of the dealership," Darren Johnson says. The manager told them the financing for the car had fallen through and if the couple wanted to keep it, they had to come back and sign a contract with different terms.

"I was kind of confused," Johnson says. "I thought this was a legally binding contract. ... We've had this vehicle at home. What do you mean it's not financed?"

Most of us would be confused too. But odds are good that in the paperwork you signed when you bought your own car, there was some legal language saying the sale may not really be final. It often asserts that if the car dealer has trouble with the financing on its end after the sale, it can later cancel the deal, try to get you to agree to different terms, and take the car back if you refuse.

"It does happen all too frequently"

NPR has found that this happens regularly around the country — sometimes with painful consequences, such as losing your car or even getting arrested — and that tougher rules for car dealers can make a difference. All this is especially relevant right now, as the Federal Trade Commission is in the midst of drafting new rules for dealers.

In the Johnsons' case, the new deal raised the price of the car, paid less for their trade-in vehicle, and removed an insurance policy they had in the first deal.

The Johnsons signed the new deal because they wanted to keep the car. But then a week later, they say the dealership told them they had to sign yet another deal.
"At that point, it just all seemed really fishy," says Darren. The couple refused to return and sign it.

The dealer, Greenway Hyundai Orlando, sent a tow truck and repossessed the car.

Meanwhile, documents show that Greenway had already sold their trade-in.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 17th, 2023 at 3:45:24 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

""I received a phone call from the finance manager of the dealership," Darren Johnson says. The manager told them the financing for the car had fallen through and if the couple wanted to keep it, they had to come back and sign a contract with different terms."

I had a dealer try this with me once. I brought the car back and refused to agree to their new deal. After a couple hours of B.S. he agreed to sell it to me for the original agreement. I refused. I said "I'm not paying $##,### for a used car." hes said, "It is a new car". I said " I have never seen a new car with 3,000 miles on it". He asked me what I was talking about and I explained I took the car on a two week vacation and it now has 3,000 miles and I decided not to buy it. I walked away and left him a car with 3,000 miles that I didn't spend a single cent on.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 18th, 2023 at 2:21:17 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
A driver intentionally hit a 77 year old homeless woman with his car while she was on her way to Church.

It's really hard to believe someone could be that cruel.

Hearts of Darkness.

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/police-say-driver-intentionally-hit-77-year-old-homeless-woman-in-church-parking-lot-california-alameda-county-bay-area-castro-valley
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
February 18th, 2023 at 2:40:07 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: rxwine

The back-end is where the money is made (interest rate point spread) if financing.

The front-end is the bait (wholesale to retail).

Many are relieved when they arrive at a negotiated deal on the front-end, then let their guard down on the back-end.

The reason they place a prospective buyer in a vehicle temporarily before finance approval is so the buyer doesn't continue shopping.

They'll run a credit check before they do it though, and they'll have an idea which firm they can sell the paper to.

Sometimes money gets tight and the finance firm might not like a person on paper after they've had time to analyze the person's info.

Then there's an issue if the loan is recourse or non-recourse, in the case a person doesn't pay as agreed.

The dealer doesn't want to be the bag holder.
February 18th, 2023 at 3:40:52 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Assistant secretary for health “Rachel” Levine says “medicine and science are being politically perverted.”

Always good to be self aware I suppose…. the irony is a little bit too much sometimes.
February 18th, 2023 at 4:35:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
People who spend so much time demonizing trans people are just pure evil, IMO.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 18th, 2023 at 4:45:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername
Assistant secretary for health “Rachel” Levine says “medicine and science are being politically perverted.”

Always good to be self aware I suppose…. the irony is a little bit too much sometimes.

Levine is doing an excellent job
Levine or Joseph (pro horse paste) Lapado
Hands down Levine
I don't give a crap about somebody's personal life.

I'm stunned by all the transgender hatred out there. Very illogical
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2023 at 7:12:44 AM permalink
james1
Threads: 0
gene therapy based on DNA [1–8]. I also created a number of nonviral DNA and RNA/mRNA platform delivery systems or was an early adopter of them. In the areas of gene delivery, delivery formulations, and vaccines, I am the holder of multiple fundamental local and foreign patents.