In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 18th, 2023 at 7:30:10 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
""I received a phone call from the finance manager of the dealership," Darren Johnson says. The manager told them the financing for the car had fallen through and if the couple wanted to keep it, they had to come back and sign a contract with different terms."

I had a dealer try this with me once. I brought the car back and refused to agree to their new deal. After a couple hours of B.S. he agreed to sell it to me for the original agreement. I refused. I said "I'm not paying $##,### for a used car." hes said, "It is a new car". I said " I have never seen a new car with 3,000 miles on it". He asked me what I was talking about and I explained I took the car on a two week vacation and it now has 3,000 miles and I decided not to buy it. I walked away and left him a car with 3,000 miles that I didn't spend a single cent on.

Remind me to never f%^$%^ with you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 18th, 2023 at 7:31:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
Levine is doing an excellent job
Levine or Joseph (pro horse paste) Lapado
Hands down Levine
I don't give a crap about somebody's personal life.

I'm stunned by all the transgender hatred out there. Very illogical

If transgender hatred correlates to right wing extremism correlates to Evangelical Christianity, then I am shocked that you are shocked by the failure to apply logic.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 18th, 2023 at 11:26:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
You call the post hateful. I call it simply honest and factual. He just doesn’t have depression! He has brain damage from a stroke! He has something that caused him to be hospitalized for ‘lightheadedness’. He has depression, so severe, that even as a sitting Senator he couldn’t be treated as an outpatient!

He is severely damaged.

He is not severely damaged
Really shocking the BS you come up with
Do you do a diagnosis via foxnews
How else do you come up with this BS
It's incredible how biased you have become simply due to politics.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/depression-risk-rises-stroke-means-232435713.html
Sen. John Fetterman's hospitalization for depression is most likely to be short and successful, more a reset during a difficult period than a life-altering, career-threatening event, according to mental health authorities, other stroke survivors, academic research and people on Capitol Hill.

Despite lingering misconceptions about the gravity of hospitalization for acute depression, it is mainly a safe, speedy way to address a crisis. The vast majority of people resume the lives they led previously, though they may need ongoing outpatient care.
The hospitalization doesn't necessarily say anything about his future status," said Will Cronenwett, chief of general psychiatry at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine. "Hospitalization is often the thing to do to recover quickly. A hospitalization, rather than ending anyone's career, enables them to regain lost function."

Data show Fetterman's chances of full recovery at 70 to 90 percent, said Joshua Gordon, director of the National Institute of Mental Health. That doesn't mean he won't need to stay on medication or continue therapy afterward, but in all likelihood, he will find relief from his symptoms of depression and return to normal functioning.

"Many people are able to stop medications and maintain wellness," he said.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2023 at 11:33:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
If transgender hatred correlates to right wing extremism correlates to Evangelical Christianity, then I am shocked that you are shocked by the failure to apply logic.

Why should evangelical christians care about somebody that is transgender.
It's none of their business if somebody is transgender
It's none of their business that I'm an athiest
How does a transgender person have any impact on somebody's religion or church???????????????
A transgender person impacts somebody's religion or church as much as say an atheist like me which is no impact
Where is the logic in the hatred?
Why hate a transgender?
Makes no sense
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2023 at 11:52:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
How does a transgender person have any impact on somebody's religion or church???????????????
A transgender person impacts somebody's religion or church as much as say an atheist like me which is no impact
Why hate a transgender?
Makes no sense

You would think that wouldn't be their business, but sin is their business, and business is really good right now. It's a fundamental element of what makes an Evangelical an Evangelical; they're not supposed to mind their own business on these things and are specifically taught to do otherwise.

They are also highly concerned with what individuals who are not them are doing. Fred Phelps' little outfit might serve as the most ridiculous example, but the general teaching of many Evangelical and Baptist churches isn't really so different from what he was doing. They see not voting against gay rights, abortion rights, etc...as condoning sin, which in their view, makes them complicit in the sins of the other.

Anyway, they don't see it as hatred; they see it as spreading God's love. As I have already stated, they are often quite insane.
February 18th, 2023 at 1:51:34 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Why hate a transgender?
Makes no sense

If you believe in the bible, which they do, then others sins could hurt them. Think of Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe God is going to come and destroy the US if too many gay relationships develop. That is just as likely to happen as the world ending because of carbon.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 18th, 2023 at 2:02:03 PM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Jimmy Carter, 98 years old, has just gone into hospice care.
He was a Prez who I really liked on a personal level.
I can't remember very well his policies but I always felt that he was very genuine, never phony.
I remember his smile, it lit up a room.

https://news.yahoo.com/charity-former-president-jimmy-carter-203157861.html
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
February 18th, 2023 at 2:04:51 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
USA is likely out of the lost tribe of Manasseh, a son of Joseph.

Joseph received a double portion of the blessing when Jacob died.

So if someone is an atheist opposing the USA for example, it could be important to know what the Holy Bible states regarding this issue.

But God can work through any person.

Something apparently bad could be the trigger for good.
February 18th, 2023 at 2:19:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
He is not severely damaged
Really shocking the BS you come up with

I have no idea how you could know that. I doubt that he is, but I could never say he is not.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 18th, 2023 at 2:50:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
If you believe in the bible, which they do, then others sins could hurt them. Think of Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe God is going to come and destroy the US if too many gay relationships develop. That is just as likely to happen as the world ending because of carbon.

Speaking of the Lord.

Quote:
On Monday, February 6th, the Lord sent a 7.8 magnitude earthquake upon Turkey and Syria. The
earthquake struck about 14 miles east of Nurdagi, Turkey. This was one of the strongest earthquakes to
hit Turkey in more than 100 years. After several aftershocks, a 7.5 magnitude quake then hit Turkey
just nine hours later.

The damage from these earthquakes has been catastrophic. As of the end of the week, over 20,000 dead
have been counted while search and rescue continues. The site of all this is indeed terrifying. Please
remember at least three vital things about this event.

First, the LORD did it. Therefore, it was just and good. Humbly acknowledge this and submit!

https://www.godhatesfags.com/newsreleases/20230212_MovingsShakings.pdf
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?