In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 18th, 2023 at 3:26:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: kenarman
That is just as likely to happen as the world ending because of carbon.

Do you understand that a meteor strike will result in carbon that will kill us all? Seems very possible to me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 18th, 2023 at 4:00:04 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
Do you understand that a meteor strike will result in carbon that will kill us all? Seems very possible to me.

I understand that a meteor strike could end human life on earth. I am not sure why you think it is a carbon related end of life.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 18th, 2023 at 4:03:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: kenarman
I understand that a meteor strike could end human life on earth. I am not sure why you think it is a carbon related end of life.

The meteor strike would only kill those directly hit by it. The rest of us will die from atmospheric changes of which carbon will be a major contributor.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 18th, 2023 at 4:42:31 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
The meteor strike would only kill those directly hit by it. The rest of us will die from atmospheric changes of which carbon will be a major contributor.

My understanding is that it would be the massive dust cloud that would block out the sun causing an artificial extended winter. Not the world overheating from excess CO2 in the atmosphere.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 18th, 2023 at 5:04:32 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Comets are historically feared.
February 18th, 2023 at 8:39:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Terapined, do you actually for ONE SECOND believe you or I have access to Fetterman’s condition? If he is doing very poorly, do you think that information will be shared with the general public now?

I’ve been hesitant to bring up my personal experience with patients with depression…. but I’ve been involved in many thousands of ECTs for the severely depressed. If you are unaware, a psychiatrist does the actual ‘shocking’ but I would put the patient to sleep and (temporarily) paralyze the patient so they don’t hurt themselves during the seizure. Anyway, the majority of these SEVERELY depressed patients were outpatients. They’d come in severely depressed, and leave in a similar state. Over time they would either get somewhat better or just not return. The inpatients were often so debilitated they couldn’t even speak.

I can’t seem to explain to you how severe your condition must be to cause an actual hospital admission. Of COURSE I can be proven wrong, that he will make a full recovery and be managed successfully with meds that do not dull him enough to limit his ability as a Senator. The great likelihood is I am right.
February 20th, 2023 at 11:29:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:

ERZIN, Turkey
Residents and officials say Erzin suffered no deaths and saw no buildings collapse in the powerful temblor, and they credit a long-standing determination not to allow construction that violated the country’s codes.

Death toll as of today 47,000
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 20th, 2023 at 11:55:58 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Pretty funny stuff. LOL

Feel the Bern's book “It’s Okay to Be Angry About Capitalism" is associated with book tour tickets selling for $95 on Ticketmaster.

I wonder if he's less angry or more angry about himself.
February 20th, 2023 at 12:23:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Project Veritas founder ejected.

Quote:
O’Keefe, who became a star on the right by targeting journalists and liberal groups in hidden-camera stings, was placed on paid leave earlier this month amid a dispute with the nonprofit’s board. The board reversed O’Keefe’s firing of two top executives, and received a lengthy memo from unhappy employees detailing O’Keefe’s allegedly “outright cruel” conduct.

A video of O’Keefe announcing his exit was posted to the video website Vimeo. In it, an emotional O’Keefe, standing in front of his desk and a Project Veritas backdrop, claimed he had been pushed out by the board after telling its members to either quit themselves or face his resignation—a gambit that apparently failed.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/james-okeefe-resigns-from-project-veritas-after-employee-complaints
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 21st, 2023 at 3:41:58 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Female journalists are being harassed online.
Much more than male journalists.
This is really disgusting.
Creeps hiding behind an online persona.
The web has really enabled these misfits.
This stuff is not trivial; it is a reflection of sick society.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/nov/07/majority-of-female-journalists-have-been-target-of-online-violence-report#:~:text=Globally%2C%20the%20research%20found%20that,and%20sexual%20violence%20by%2018%25.

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him