In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 17th, 2023 at 7:31:17 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Because more people live in Democratic counties. Duh. We know. It’s a worthless number if you don’t account for population. You know this, but can’t admit it because the truth is bad for your side.

Glad to see that you finally agree with me that more Democrats commit gun violence than Republicans.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 17th, 2023 at 7:56:51 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
Glad to see that you finally agree with me that more Democrats commit gun violence than Republicans.

Not sure this is true. Clearly gun violence is prevalent in districts that vote Democrat. But I’ll bet a lot of the gang related inner city violence is committed by people who don’t affiliate with any political party.
April 18th, 2023 at 1:39:02 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
The article shows how righties spew falsehoods to justify their point of view.

A well known Tech Exec named Bob Lee was murdered in San Francisco.

Elon Musk, and other righties jumped all over the city blaming homelessness and wanton violence for the crime.

One righty said San Francisco "had blood on their hands."

Another said "there are lunatics running San Francisco."

Then, it was discovered that Bob Lee was killed because of an interpersonal dispute by someone he knew.

San Fran Police stated that the murder was neither a robbery or a random attack.

San Fran is close to the bottom of the list in homicides with only 6.9 per 100,000 people in 2021 per FBI and Police crime data.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/14/business/bob-lee-tech-reaction-san-francisco.html

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
April 18th, 2023 at 2:56:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: PotPie
The article shows how righties spew falsehoods to justify their point of view.

A well known Tech Exec named Bob Lee was murdered in San Francisco.

Elon Musk, and other righties jumped all over the city blaming homelessness and wanton violence for the crime.

One righty said San Francisco "had blood on their hands."

Another said "there are lunatics running San Francisco."

Then, it was discovered that Bob Lee was killed because of an interpersonal dispute by someone he knew.

San Fran Police stated that the murder was neither a robbery or a random attack.

San Fran is close to the bottom of the list in homicides with only 6.9 per 100,000 people in 2021 per FBI and Police crime data.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/14/business/bob-lee-tech-reaction-san-francisco.html

Just doing the same thing the lefties do all the time. I wonder if you ever get upset at them doing it?
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2023 at 3:40:59 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: AZDuffman
Just doing the same thing the lefties do all the time. I wonder if you ever get upset at them doing it?

I don't like it when lefties tell lies; and yes some of them do sometimes lie.
I believe there is much less lying than among righties but I don't have stats to prove that.
I believe Trump signaled to all righties that lying is a wonderful strategy with his Big Lie that the election was stolen from him.
As far as I know no Pres. candidate who lost has ever before claimed something like that.
There are a great many righties who now believe or at least state that they believe that any fact coming from the U.S. Government during a Democratic Administration is a lie.
That the entire U.S. Government is corrupt with lies.
I don't recall any lefties saying that every fact that came out of the Trump Administration was a lie.

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
April 18th, 2023 at 3:48:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
It's a mentality.

It makes me wonder about roaches.

San Fran was #5 for rats.

They get what they vote for and they have to live in their filth with disease potential.

$5M reparations for 41M black people would cost $210T.

That is their mentality.

Money just shows up on their doorstep as opposed to working while roaches and rats take over.

--------------------------------

San Francisco ranked 5th 'rattiest city' in the US, report says

October 19, 2020
Here is how the top 10 looks:

1. Chicago

2. Los Angeles

3. New York

4. Washington, D.C.

5. San Francisco

6. Detroit

7. Philadelphia (+3)

8. Baltimore (+4)

9. Denver

10. Minneapolis (-2)
https://abc7news.com/rats-in-san-francisco-orkin-pest-control-sf/7163701/

--------------------------------------
April 18th, 2023 at 4:12:20 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Any minute credibility the current admin had, was lost (Executive Branch).

The following video only gives a glimpse.

I can show just how corrupt the system is.

But this video is a recent taste.

And yes, it was corrupt when Trump was in there.

And yes, Fox News is in on the scam with the MSM in the cover-up.

-------------------------------

Fox News

Hilton: The Biden administration’s lies were just exposed

Apr 16, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWs9OWmRqgI

-------------------------------
April 18th, 2023 at 5:31:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
So might as well include the other large social media firms (see link below).

This is nothing new but banning a President from the platform to influence an election is, so the magnitude of evil is getting worse.

It's been happening for years.

Also, we always have to consider the reverse, such as Elon being a scammer.

But check the Twitter Files dump.

All documented and time-stamped.

We just found out our own government was spying on Zelensky.

So why not spy on domestic Patriots?

Who is the enemy?

Zelensky?

---------------------------------

Elon Musk Says US Government Had Access To Private Twitter DMs

APR 18, 2023
“The degree to which government agencies effectively had full access to everything that was going on on Twitter blew my mind, I was not aware of that,” said Musk.

“Would that include people’s DMs?” asked Carlson.

“Yes,” responded Musk.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/elon-musk-says-us-government-had-access-private-twitter-dms

---------------------------
April 18th, 2023 at 7:06:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
SUCKER!

You read about a "mass shooting" and think that is the gun violence. Meanwhile in 2022 Chicago had about 7 shootings a day per their police department. Now, that should not be possible because Chicago has strong gun laws, but a simple google search showed that number.

SUCKER!

Keep thinking random violence in one place is the problem when regular violence happens elsewhere. It is what they want you to think.

Interestingly, if you look both at violent crime rates and property crime rates, per capita, the majority of the Top Ten cities, in each case, are in red states.

You can talk about seven shootings per day, or whatever, but 7 * 365 = 2,555; Chicago has a population of 2.697 Million, thus:

2697000/2555 = 1055.58 (rounded). This is about 106 per hundred thousand. Naturally, not all of these result in deaths. If this can be believed:

https://oneaimil.org/the-issue/impact-of-gun-violence/

Chicago has a rate of about 29 gun-related homicides per hundred thousand. Not that the gun crime rate is good news, but it would appear that the majority of gun violence instances are not fatal.

Let's look at it by entire states:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. New Mexico
4. Alabama
5. Wyoming
6. Alaska
7. Montana
8. Arkansas
9. Missouri
10. Tennessee

Isn't New Mexico the only one amongst these states that Biden won? Also, Mississippi has a higher gun death rate, AS A STATE, than does the city of Chicago. Louisiana is basically tied with Chicago.

Anyway, you're cherry-picking a number. I know it's deliberate cherry-picking because I know you're smarter than this. Saying Chicago has seven instances of gun violence, per day, is the same thing as saying that Chicago has a huge population.

And, Chicago does have a huge population. #3 in the country. Seven shootings per day barely means anything, in context.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 18th, 2023 at 7:12:52 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Also, don't scroll to the bottom of the list and see the states with the fewest gun deaths, per capita.

To say the least, Red states are laughably underrepresented.

Tend your own gardens.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman