Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2016 at 2:50:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Why would so many people be that stupid
to carry a gun is a carry on bag. They must
have gotten away with it before and thought
they would keep getting away with it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 24th, 2016 at 5:18:10 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
forgetful? Habit? I know someone who dropped some ammo in his jacket and then wore that jacket later while boarding a plane.

In Seattle, they keep seizing these circular eskimo knives....they call them weapons, Eskimos call them fork, knife and spoon. No eskimo gonna hijack a plane with his fork knife and spoon.
April 24th, 2016 at 6:23:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
No eskimo gonna hijack a plane with his fork knife and spoon.
I see you are not familiar with Eskimo's.

Ulu's.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 25th, 2016 at 4:26:18 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: petroglyph
I see you are not familiar with Eskimo's.

Ulu's.

I have one of those from my Alaska trip. Fantastic tool in the kitchen. Really sharp, though; I can see why they take them away.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 26th, 2016 at 5:14:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: beachbumbabs
Really sharp, though; I can see why they take them away.
I doubt they take away the item because it is sharp; it is more because considering it a weapon rather than a survival tool, it adds to their statistics about weapons and terrorists. Its like the drunk that shot his own television in his home, the sheriff got 'points and publicity' dubbing him a terrorist. That doesn't change him from being a mild mannered drunk who under extreme stress shot at an inanimate object. Ain't nothing but some Eskimo's knife fork and spoon no matter what display case you put it in after you seize it.
April 26th, 2016 at 8:45:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Families of two teens battling over iPhone found on boat off the Bahamas. Two missing teens deemed dead but one family fears fbi will refuse to decode the waterlogged phone for possible clues to position of last use or last ping on a tower.
April 26th, 2016 at 12:54:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
The Justice Department and FBI have formally acknowledged that nearly every examiner in an elite FBI forensic unit gave flawed testimony in almost all trials in which they offered evidence against criminal defendants over more than a two-decade period before 2000.

Of 28 examiners with the FBI Laboratory’s microscopic hair comparison unit, 26 overstated forensic matches in ways that favored prosecutors in more than 95 percent of the 268 trials reviewed so far, according to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and the Innocence Project, which are assisting the government with the country’s largest post-conviction review of questioned forensic evidence.

The cases include those of 32 defendants sentenced to death. Of those, 14 have been executed or died in prison, the groups said under an agreement with the government to release results after the review of the first 200 convictions.

The FBI errors alone do not mean there was not other evidence of a convict’s guilt. Defendants and federal and state prosecutors in 46 states and the District are being notified to determine whether there are grounds for appeals. Four defendants were previously exonerated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/fbi-overstated-forensic-hair-matches-in-nearly-all-criminal-trials-for-decades/2015/04/18/39c8d8c6-e515-11e4-b510-962fcfabc310_story.html?tid=pm_local_pop_b
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 26th, 2016 at 1:12:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote:
Of 28 examiners with the FBI Laboratory’s microscopic hair comparison unit, 26 overstated forensic matches in ways that favored prosecutors in more than 95 percent of the 268 trials reviewed so far,

Of course, prosecutors are crooks, they keep
their jobs on how convictions they get. So
they cook up evidence to support their cases.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 26th, 2016 at 2:08:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
This is old news. FBI testimony on bullet identification and on tool marks and on hair samples has always been suspect.

Its that word 'match'' that is the culprit. FBI guy testified the nails in the bomb 'matched' those in hubbie's house, when a scientifically accurate statement would have been that virtually any two nails sold west of the Mississippi would also have 'matched'.
April 26th, 2016 at 2:27:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Fleastiff
This is old news. FBI testimony on bullet identification and on tool marks and on hair samples has always been suspect.

Its that word 'match'' that is the culprit. FBI guy testified the nails in the bomb 'matched' those in hubbie's house, when a scientifically accurate statement would have been that virtually any two nails sold west of the Mississippi would also have 'matched'.

Hopefully hair would be a little more unique than a store nail. But maybe not.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?