In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 28th, 2016 at 12:56:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"Around 65 per cent of Italians aged 18 to 34 still live with their parents, the highest percentage of young stay-at-homes anywhere in Europe" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/27/italian-court-orders-father-to-pay-for-upkeep-of-his-28-year-old/

Good grief, and I thought it was bad in the
US. These good Catholic lay abouts stay at
home, sponging off mommy and daddy till
they're almost middle aged. In Germany
it's 42%. Sickening. This is what happens
when you spoil kids, they remain spoiled
adults. The West is ripe for being overtaken
by the ambitious peoples from Asia and
the Middle East.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 28th, 2016 at 3:14:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
"Around 65 per cent of Italians aged 18 to 34 still live with their parents, the highest percentage of young stay-at-homes anywhere in Europe" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/27/italian-court-orders-father-to-pay-for-upkeep-of-his-28-year-old/

the Middle East.

I saw this. Seems like more of an Italian cultural thing than anything else. But as I have said, it is already over for western culture. Europe will soon have more muslims than Christians, making it a de facto non-western society. They are dying off and the void is being filled. The USA is just a decade or two behind, but we will catch up.
The President is a fink.
April 28th, 2016 at 7:23:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I understand one of the key population constraints in the Palestinian 'camps' is Israels's use of land prices and building permits to force the young to remain at home with inadequate room and inadequate privacy: fewer kids, more murders.
Figures are usually based on sampling and sampling error can be major.
April 28th, 2016 at 8:20:10 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob

the Middle East.

Why does that make the kids the sponges? If they have jobs, maybe they're contributing to the family income and standard of living, benefiting all of them. If they don't, maybe they're taking care of things at the house while the parent works, cleaning, repairing, improving, again benefiting all. I'm sure some are spoiled brats still expecting an allowance, but all of them? Naw.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 28th, 2016 at 12:06:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: beachbumbabs
Why does that make the kids the sponges? .

Ever see an article that claimed kids staying
at home till they were almost middle aged
is a boon to parents? That's because most
of the time it isn't. Even when they have
jobs, mom still does most of the cooking
and laundry and housekeeping. And even
if they're paying some pittance as rent,
the parents are still providing most of the
things the rest of us have to pay for every
day. Right now I know two people who have
men in their 40's still living with their mom
and dad. Both have jobs and neither pay
rent. One has never left, the other was
married for 5 years until his wife left him
and he moved back with his parents 10
years ago. There's a culture of these vultures
out there.

Wait, I just thought of another one. He lived
with his parents until he was 40, they finally
kicked him out so he moved into the pole
barn on the property. No rent, he ran an
electric line from the house. The dad died
a couple years ago and his mom still does
his laundry.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 28th, 2016 at 12:44:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I could only visit my parents for a week at a time. It seems less and less enjoyable to stay any longer. Can't imagine staying indefinitely.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 28th, 2016 at 12:55:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
I could only visit my parents for a week at a time. It seems less and less enjoyable to stay any longer. Can't imagine staying indefinitely.

My parents got divorced in when I was
18. I never got along with my mother,
and barely with my dad. They weren't
kids people, they were raised in the
Depression & had a tough time of it. I
stayed at home for a couple years after
HS and worked and went to college. My
dad took 75% of my paycheck for room
and board, which I thought was reasonable.
He joined the Navy when he got out of
HS and like many sons, sent most of his
pay home. Even if my parents had stayed
together, they would never have let me
live with them even if I payed rent. The
very idea of that would have appalled
them.
April 28th, 2016 at 1:30:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I have been waiting for this for a while now: http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/04/28/house-panel-approves-measure-require-women-register-draft.html

Does this not seem odd, when currently we have an all voluntary military? This has absolutely nothing to do with being fair, but I am all for, putting Cheney's, Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's, daughters on the front line of any "conflict" they have gotten us into. Oh, and McCain's daughter as well.

As long as I have started to rant, I want Pat Tillman's mother to have a vote on whether or not we go to war [by any name], right along with any parents who have lost children to the PTB's lust for NWO. If not a vote, at least be heard by the public while the Colin Powell's of the world try to convince us we are about to be attacked with WMD's.

This is prep for ww3, which according to PCR, http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/04/25/world-war-iii-has-begun-paul-craig-roberts/ has already begun. It just hasn't went "hot" yet.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 28th, 2016 at 2:41:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
WARSAW, N.Y. – The wife of a New York farmer who was hit with a pitchfork, shot in the head and then buried in manure has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

Not sure why she picked a pitchfork. Maybe her first plan was to run him through, but decided it was too risky he might be able to fight back.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/28/wife-admits-killing-new-york-farmer-who-was-buried-in-manure.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 28th, 2016 at 3:09:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Not sure why she picked a pitchfork. Maybe her first plan was to run him through, but decided it was too risky he might be able to fight back.

Why do I think the husband she killed
is in a better place than being married
to her.