In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 6th, 2016 at 6:51:18 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

Sexually assault someone behind a dumpster in California and you get 6 months because 'your life might be ruined'.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 6th, 2016 at 7:13:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: TheCesspit
Sexually assault someone behind a dumpster in California and you get 6 months because 'your life might be ruined'.

Well, I'd never imply that less than stellar outcomes don't occur everywhere sooner or later. Some worse than others.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2016 at 7:16:21 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I believe his claim was that he had sex with her after she was drinking but while still capable of consent, that later she continued drinking and blanked out on the whole night unable to recall her initial consent and later being raped and dumped behind the dumpster.
Apparently the jury didn't believe it and who knows? Should he do six years? I always thought that was the minimum for rape in California. He lost his tuition payment, won't get a degree, will be registered offender for life, ... why should the state pay forty grand a year to keep him in a cage?
June 6th, 2016 at 7:23:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Fleastiff
He lost his tuition payment, won't get a degree, will be registered offender for life, ... why should the state pay forty grand a year to keep him in a cage?

Yeah, you could say the same thing about anyone who gets convicted. "He lost so much already, he doesn't have to go to prison." I mean, it's an argument.

While a bum who commits a serious crime has lost little, so has to serve 10 years in the pen? In that case, I'd rather have lots to lose so can avoid prison.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 7th, 2016 at 10:47:21 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Erdogen threatens to "release the Kraken" http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-07/turkey-resorts-blackmail-warns-europe-it-will-unleash-refugees-if-no-visa-free-trave
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 10th, 2016 at 11:36:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I constantly see horror stories of people getting drunk then getting on a highway going the wrong way
Its horrifying at those speeds
What is worse
Our local sheriffs deputy getting wasted and driving the wrong way on a highway
He gets into an accident, runs away and hides in the woods
When caught, refuses to take a blood alcohol test.
loser

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/hillsborough-deputy-faces-dui-charge-in-wrong-way-crash-on-i-75/2281111
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 10th, 2016 at 12:59:40 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
I constantly see horror stories of people getting drunk then getting on a highway going the wrong way
Its horrifying at those speeds
What is worse
Our local sheriffs deputy getting wasted and driving the wrong way on a highway
He gets into an accident, runs away and hides in the woods
When caught, refuses to take a blood alcohol test.
loser

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/hillsborough-deputy-faces-dui-charge-in-wrong-way-crash-on-i-75/2281111

If a driver has a CDL, which I do and are involved in a collision, they are forced to take a blood test, in AK. it is at the scene.

This would have turned out so much better if he'd just had a few bong loads, and stayed home and mowed down on donuts.
June 10th, 2016 at 2:39:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
If a driver has a CDL, which I do and are involved in a collision, they are forced to take a blood test, in AK. it is at the scene.

Here in PA if you have a CDL they lower the BAC level to IIRC .02 or .04 on duty or off.
The President is a fink.
June 10th, 2016 at 3:05:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Here in PA if you have a CDL they lower the BAC level to IIRC .02 or .04 on duty or off.
It is .04, crazy hunh?

I would think because I am a professional driver they should allow me a higher bac? Guess not. A .04 can be a stiff drink around midnight and measured at starting time the next day.

Funny though, in all the random UA's I took, they never checked for alcohol. Lucky for me at the time.
June 10th, 2016 at 3:42:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
It is .04, crazy hunh?

I would think because I am a professional driver they should allow me a higher bac? Guess not. A .04 can be a stiff drink around midnight and measured at starting time the next day.

Funny though, in all the random UA's I took, they never checked for alcohol. Lucky for me at the time.

Pro driver but driving serious stuff. i guess off duty is about professionalism.
The President is a fink.