In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 1st, 2016 at 9:53:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: TheCesspit
The story is that we are continually seeing people shut things down that they don't like using harassment over the internet... animal rights idiots, gamers who don't like potrayal of strong female characters. There seems to be a increasing level of ignorance in the world.

Did the farm get shut down due to animal rights idiots?
Ignore the idiots
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 1st, 2016 at 10:08:24 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Did the farm get shut down due to animal rights idiots?
Ignore the idiots

No, but the cow had to be moved, the idiots cause the farm a whole bunch of hassles to deal with.

Sometimes you can't ignore the idiots. The internet lets the idiots get all up in your business faster. It's not merely awareness of the ignorance. It's the ability of the ignorant to foist their ignorance on the world, while not realizing their own lack of knowledge (the Dunning-Kreuger effect).

Which also means... you and you and you and me are guilty of doing it as well at some point.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 1st, 2016 at 10:25:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The story is that we are continually seeing people shut things down that they don't like using harassment over the internet... animal rights idiots, gamers who don't like potrayal of strong female characters. There seems to be a increasing level of ignorance in the world.

Thanks for the link fix.

People are morons with so many things. I had a neighborhood fighting me on a storage shed for pesticides. The pesticides had been there 10 years but I got grilled for almost two hours having to answer every silly hypothetical question they came up with. I took mire time than the other 8 or so
Issues that night. All over a word.

Scary part is some of these types are intelligent (not smart) enough to get to where they can cause real damage.
The President is a fink.
June 1st, 2016 at 10:34:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
No, but the cow had to be moved, the idiots cause the farm a whole bunch of hassles to deal with.
I hope someone mentioned the cows contribution to global warming by farting methane.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 1st, 2016 at 12:06:13 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
Scary part is some of these types are intelligent (not smart) enough to get to where they can cause real damage.
Its hard enough to protect against tyranny of the majority but tyranny of the minority can be even worse. Now if any of those pesticides were destined for an abortion clinic you would have been in real trouble and would have had to hire a lawyer who was a black transgendered left-handed lesbian.
June 1st, 2016 at 2:52:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Its hard enough to protect against tyranny of the majority but tyranny of the minority can be even worse. Now if any of those pesticides were destined for an abortion clinic you would have been in real trouble and would have had to hire a lawyer who was a black transgendered left-handed lesbian.

On the bright side I learned I could handle myself on the stand.
The President is a fink.
June 6th, 2016 at 3:36:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seems like 25 years mandatory is still too light.

Quote:
"Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids," Huckle wrote in an online post cited by the BBC. "I still plan on publishing a guide on this subject sometime.”

"I'd hit the jackpot," he commented on another occasion, "a 3yo girl as loyal to me as my dog and nobody seemed to care."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/06/1000-deaths-is-too-good-for-you-serial-british-pedophile-receives-22-life-sentences/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2016 at 3:47:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Seems like 25 years mandatory is still too light.

'The Christian schoolteacher'.. Of course he was.
Another fine Bible person going to prison for
life on sex crime charges.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 6th, 2016 at 4:15:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Did you happen to click on the link inside? http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/world/2016/02/27/peacekeepers/?tid=a_inl

The UN peacekeepers are becoming world famous for raping those they are sent to protect. I recall reading a story about them doing the same thing in Haiti after the tsunami.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 6th, 2016 at 4:51:06 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The high paid Americans who went into Bosnia as UN observers were immune to prosecution and soon were running the brothels as well as utilizing them. High salary income, high bribery income .... no wonder they reupped. One honest cop from the Mid West tried to stop it; they ran her out of the country.

The UN is one of the most corrupt organizations ever.