In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 6th, 2016 at 7:52:20 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: terapined

Maybe he has the same lawyers as Hillary and Jill Stein.
December 16th, 2016 at 2:16:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Family resists Google's campus sprawl despite offer to buy farm for millions.

There was an episode of "The Rockford Files" similar to this. Guy had property that had been built all around him. Refused to sell as he had no reason or desire to leave. I will have to check it out on GoogleEarth later today.

While I would probably sell, part of me would just want to stay and know how it was driving Google and many of it's workers nuts.
The President is a fink.
December 18th, 2016 at 6:17:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Finally, 2016 brings some good news:

Reviled lion-hunting veterinarian plunges to death while shooting birds in Italy

Good riddance!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 19th, 2016 at 11:13:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Russian ambassador assassinated

That's a hellavuv photo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/world/europe/russia-ambassador-shot-ankara-turkey-report.html?_r=0
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 19th, 2016 at 11:50:07 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

The assassin was a young Turkish policeman who was killed 15 minutes later in a shootout.

"Don't forget Aleppo, don't forget Syria!" the gunman shouted in Turkish, referring to the Syrian city where Russian bombardments have helped drive rebels from areas they had occupied for years during the war. He also shouted "Allahu akbar," the Arabic phrase for "God is great" and continued in Arabic: "We are the descendants of those who supported the Prophet Muhammad, for jihad."
December 19th, 2016 at 9:54:05 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288

since we can laff at peopel who died imma laff at this

http://abc7news.com/news/heartbreak-in-lgbt-community-for-lives-lost-in-ghost-ship-fire/1643316/

good ridance!
December 20th, 2016 at 1:59:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Its resulted in intensive pressure on artists/squatters living in other warehouse/punkhouse type situations in Oakland.
Burnt Ramen made an appeal for ground fault interrupters and battery operated smoke alarms but got red tagged right away.

By the way, prior to the fire, alot of these homes would have looked real grea in Interior Decorating magazines,, not a poverty hollow or indoor tent city.

If anyone doesn't know what sort of a lifestyle is under discussion, here is a blurb from Burnt Ramen:

The first really punk show was one Oppressed Logic put together with Molotov Cocktail (NY), 46 Short and The Process. A bunch of crusties showed up early (probably to avoid paying at the door) and one of them passed out cold on the floor before the show even started. Oppressed Logic was the only band that could fit on the stage, the rest of them used it for a drum riser. During most of the show there was complete anarchy, chairs were being thrown around, punks were pissing on the floor, one guy pissed on the kid who was passed out on the floor. A girl got really mad at him for something else he did and beat him up in front of the stage. Then she spilled some beer on the floor and proceeded to lick it out of a crack in the cement (um, well it was part beer at least). The Molotov Cocktail bassist was a complete asshole. First he broke the strings on his bass, then he borrowed one from another band, and did the same thing. All through their set, he was shooting bottle rockets off into the crowd. After the show, the Molotov bassist and a guy from 46 short got into an argument. The next thing I know is the bassist runs in with blood streaming from his nose and locks himself in the bathroom. He stayed in there a while. It was a good thing I was plastered or I don't think I could have handled the Chaos.

Burnt Ramen is in Richmond, the high crime city where real estate values will soon really take off so if you can find any such warehouse spaces, snap them up.

Ofcourse some of you may want to send Burnt Ramen a smoke detector; some might prefer to send them a book of matches.
December 20th, 2016 at 5:13:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: YeahBaby

http://abc7news.com/news/heartbreak-in-lgbt-community-for-lives-lost-in-ghost-ship-fire/1643316/

good ridance!

Poor YeahBaby. Can't spell worth a damn. Thinks his trolling has any effect on me. Sad!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 20th, 2016 at 6:35:36 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I just don't get killing animals you can't eat.
December 20th, 2016 at 6:40:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: YeahBaby

good ridance!

Poor YeahBaby. Can't spell worth a damn. Thinks his trolling has any effect on me. Sad!

Maybe you can wait for SNL to do a skit on him?
The President is a fink.