In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 22nd, 2017 at 3:54:07 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: AZDuffman
Who would not distance themselves from a gay child molestor.

Conservatives loved him precisely because liberals hated him. The College Republican chapters rallied around him solely because he taunted and trolled liberals. That's a foolish, short-sighted reason to embrace a jackass. Here's what what former Brietbart editor Ben Shapiro wrote 2 weeks ago, before the pedophilia video came to light. (Yes, Shapiro is Jewish.)

Quote: Ben Shapiro
There’s plenty to dislike about Milo Yiannopoulos’ poisonous brand -- he says Jews run the media; earlier this month he characterized a Jewish BuzzFeed writer as a “a typical example of a sort of thick-as-pig shit media Jew”; he justifies anti-Semitic memes as playful trollery and pats racist sites like American Renaissance on the head; he describes himself as a “chronicler of, and occasional fellow traveler with the alt-right” while simultaneously recognizing that their “dangerously bright” intellectuals believe that “culture is inseparable from race”; back in his days going under the name Milo Wagner, he reportedly posed with his hand atop a Hitler biography, posted a Hitler meme about killing 6 million Jews, and wore an Iron Cross; last week he berated a Muslim woman in the audience of one of his speeches for wearing a hijab in the United States; his alt-right followers routinely spammed my Twitter account with anti-Semitic propaganda he tut-tutted before his banning (the amount of anti-Semitism in my feed dropped by at least 70 percent after his ban, which I opposed); he personally Tweeted a picture of a black baby at me on the day of my son’s birth, because according to the alt-right I’m a “cuck” who wants to see the races mixed; he sees the Constitution as a hackneyed remnant of the past, to be replaced by a new right he leads; there's plenty more – but rioting against him only means more people buy into his schtick and allows him to shed his persona for a clean-cut conservative character on Tucker Carlson.

I'm disappointed CPAC changed their minds. Milo guy is a real classy gentleman, he would've made a great keynote speaker for the conservative cause.
February 22nd, 2017 at 4:23:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
a possible connection to autism.

Quote:
The women with high levels of antibodies to HSV-2 midway through their pregnancies were twice as likely to have a baby later diagnosed with autism. None of the other viruses seemed to affect autism risk.

"The elevated antibody levels to HSV-2 may indicate either recent primary infection or reactivation of latent infection," the researchers wrote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/study-builds-argument-infections-may-cause-autism-n724421
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 23rd, 2017 at 7:14:04 AM permalink
reno
For the record, I'm no fan of John McCain's politics.

That said, by all indications he served honorably in Vietnam, and it's despicable that Sean Hannity is calling him a "war criminal."
February 23rd, 2017 at 11:39:16 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: reno

Can't stand McCain. He's a RINO thru
and thru. He's another John Kerry, if
he hadn't married a rich woman you
wouldn't know who he was today.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2017 at 11:46:26 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: reno

That said, by all indications he served honorably in Vietnam, and it's despicable that Sean Hannity is calling him a "war criminal."

Sean Hannity's mere existence is despicable, and anyone who listens to his ravings should be ostracized.

I was going to say "dragged away and sterilized," but RonC objects when I lower my dialogue to Trumper standards. And rightly so :)

McCain's been a weasel at times, and has forthrightly opposed Trump at other times. I think he's an honorable man who is under pressure from Republicans to do as they have done and abandon his principles and morality. They're also still mad at him for making Moose Shooter Lady his running mate in 2008.
February 23rd, 2017 at 11:50:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: stinkingliberal

Sean Hannity's mere existence is despicable, and anyone who listens to his ravings should be ostracized..

There is nobody more full of himself
in media, and he's not that bright
either. He gets a grip on a bone and
runs it into the ground for days. My
wife made me go with her in 2004
to a paid event he had. Thousands
of people there to listen to him say
exactly what he says on the radio
every day. I left and came back for
my wife later.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2017 at 2:11:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Thousands
every day.

What is the big deal there? People pay to go to a concert just to hear the same songs, often lip synced.
The President is a fink.
February 23rd, 2017 at 2:32:16 PM permalink
reno
in media, and he's not that bright either.

Holy cow, Evenbob and I agree!

I'm no fan of Hugh Hewitt or Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage... but each one of them is easily 3 times smarter than Sean Hannity.

By the way, there's been an update: Hannity has apologized for (falsely) accusing McCain of soliciting donations from Russia. He did not apologize for calling him a war criminal.
February 23rd, 2017 at 3:06:58 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
in media, and he's not that bright
either. He gets a grip on a bone and
runs it into the ground for days. My
wife made me go with her in 2004
to a paid event he had. Thousands
every day. I left and came back for
my wife later.

"10 years ago
I loved Sean Hannity, now his voice is
fingernails on a chalkboard, I haven't seen
his show in years. I see outakes on Youtube,
but I look at them for his guest, not for
him."

-- EvenBob.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 23rd, 2017 at 3:18:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: TheCesspit
"10 years ago
I loved Sean Hannity, now his voice is
fingernails on a chalkboard, I haven't seen
his show in years. I see outakes on Youtube,
but I look at them for his guest, not for
him."

-- EvenBob.

Yeah, so? I haven't watched him since
Colmes left and now I don't even
look for guests. Hannity interrupts
constantly, it's infuriating. I liked the
show when Colmes was on even
though I didn't like Colmes. The
interaction was entertaining.