Thread Rating:

August 28th, 2017 at 10:01:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
IStupid is as stupid does.

Stupid Trump

Quote:
]Experts are predicting Harvey — the most powerful storm to hit the US since 2004 — will cost Texas between $30 billion and $100 billion in damage.

And in the coming days, Congress will be called upon to send billions of federal dollars to help with the state's recovery and rebuilding efforts.

But because of Trump's rollback of Obama's Federal Flood Risk Management Standards, experts across the political spectrum say much of the federal money sent to Texas will likely be wasted on construction that will be insufficiently protected from the next storm.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-reversed-regulations-to-protect-infrastructure-against-flooding-just-days-before-hurricane-harvey/ar-AAqRKYZ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 28th, 2017 at 10:51:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Stupid Trump

Speaking to that, Trump is bending over backwards
to give TX anything it needs or asks for, and the
media is still lambasting him for a total failure
on hurricane relief. LOLOLOL Fake lying news,
nobody is falling for it except Hillary voters,
and they count for less than nothing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2017 at 11:28:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Speaking to that, Trump is bending over backwards
to give TX anything it needs or asks for, and the
media is still lambasting him for a total failure
on hurricane relief. LOLOLOL Fake lying news,
nobody is falling for it except Hillary voters,
and they count for less than nothing.

With all the financial help Texas will need, he won't get to funding his stupid wall.

Er, the one Mexico is paying for.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2017 at 2:48:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
With all the financial help Texas will need, he won't get to funding his stupid wall.

Er, the one Mexico is paying for.

I just love how the idea of border security drives liberals nuts.

Actually, there is a better chance the wall gets put in the spending bill to reconstruct given history of this kind of thing.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2017 at 6:41:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ibeatyouraces
I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for anyone living in these areas. They know the inherent danger but yet accept to ignore it. Then when the inevitable happens, they want to come crying for help. GET LOST!! They get what they deserve.

That's the kind of idiotic statement that comes from studious ignorance.

First ask yourself why people live in cities such as Houston or New Orleans, or on the floodplains of rivers, or on the slopes of volcanoes. Then ask someone who knows anything about it. Then make up your mind whether it's worth it or not.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 29th, 2017 at 7:05:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Nareed
That's the kind of idiotic statement that comes from studious ignorance.

First ask yourself why people live in cities such as Houston or New Orleans, or on the floodplains of rivers, or on the slopes of volcanoes. Then ask someone who knows anything about it. Then make up your mind whether it's worth it or not.

Totally agree
Take that ignorant logic a step further
Conservatives will blame crime victims in the city because, well, that's what you get for living in a city
sad

My heart really goes out to the city of Houston and all those that suffering due to the floods
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2017 at 7:12:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

Conservatives will blame crime victims in the city because, well, that's what you get for living in a city
sad

???

I never see this. I see conservatives blaming criminals for the crime. I see liberals excusing it for all kinds of reasons.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2017 at 3:21:16 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for anyone living in these areas. They know the inherent danger but yet accept to ignore it. Then when the inevitable happens, they want to come crying for help. GET LOST!! They get what they deserve.

As of now 52 inches of rain have fallen on Harris county. The most ever in the US in recorded history. The flood now covers an area the size of Lake Michigan. It includes the fourth largest US city and dozens of rural counties. Rain is still falling. Water is still rising. But people should have anticipated this because they live in South Texas. First responders and volunteers are working themselves to exhaustion trying to save as many as possible. I live in Austin. My neighbor hitched up his john boat and headed into the storm on Sunday morning when he heard the call for volunteers. I haven't heard from him and I can't reach him on his cell. Thousands of your fellow Americans are fighting for their lives. But I guess they get what they deserve.

It is my sincere hope that we all get what we deserve. Meanwhile you and EB can go fuck yourselves.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 29th, 2017 at 4:02:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: JimRockford
As of now 52 inches of rain have fallen on Harris county. The most ever in the US in recorded history. The flood now covers an area the size of Lake Michigan. It includes the fourth largest US city and dozens of rural counties. Rain is still falling. Water is still rising. But people should have anticipated this because they live in South Texas. First responders and volunteers are working themselves to exhaustion trying to save as many as possible. I live in Austin. My neighbor hitched up his john boat and headed into the storm on Sunday morning when he heard the call for volunteers. I haven't heard from him and I can't reach him on his cell. Thousands of your fellow Americans are fighting for their lives. But I guess they get what they deserve.

It is my sincere hope that we all get what we deserve. Meanwhile you and EB can go <expletive deleted.>

I really do not get some people. We have a college professor saying this is the fault of Texas for voting Trump. We have multiple liberals rushing to blame global warming. We have people complaining about shoes.

This thing is huge but not so big that it cannot be handled, biggest thing right now seems to be need the weather to stabilize. OTOH, the behavior of too much of the USA is quite frankly disgusting. To make this political in a negative way like it has been is to show just how low part of the population has sunk.

Anyone wants to know why I have so little hope at the moment and am calling for a very violent 2020s, here you go.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2017 at 4:16:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: JimRockford
But people should have anticipated this because they live in South Texas.

Pretty much, yeah. The famous Florida author
John D McDonald used to marvel at people
who built condo's on the keys in the Gulf, only
to have them react in utter amazement when
a hurricane washed them away 20 years later.
What, they have hurricanes in the Keys??

Stupid id as stupid does.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.