In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 14th, 2017 at 10:20:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
The liberals do seem scared to death about her running again.

Why? She wouldn't win the nomination again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 14th, 2017 at 10:21:04 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
On one hand I really feel bad for that guy. OTOH, at least he kept her from marrying one of the rest of us.
bwahaha

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2017/12/dnc-spent-700-million-on-five.html

It appears the dnc is afraid of its base? Granted, I don't read much of the political stuff, but some.

"Who are these five consultants and what did they do to earn their $700 million? Were these no-bid contracts? Who approved them?"

That is a lot of coin per consultant. As the article says, that kind of spending starved the dem party.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 14th, 2017 at 10:30:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

That is a lot of coin per consultant. As the article says, that kind of spending starved the dem party.

It is all money laundering, pure and simple. The GOP, other than Trump, probably hires the same way. And people wonder why the political class hates Trump! He is like the lead in "Thief" who refuses to pay off the cops or any of the other people he is supposed to pay off as a condition of staying in business. Everyone in that movie keeps asking why he refuses to do things the way they are done.

$700 million divided by 5 is what, $140 million apiece? Even a novice could skim $10MM for themselves out of all that with mark-ups, no-show jobs, and whatever else they can imagine. People who get to that level, who knows the skim.

Yet Hillary keeps returning for more. Maybe the Democrats learn the story of Winnie the Pooh and the honey pot. Probably not.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2017 at 10:32:46 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Even if Hillary wants to run, she has no power base left.

If the Dems run a woman candidate, it will be Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, or Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah would be a ridiculous choice.

Except Trump was more ridiculous. And here we are.

Oprah's billions are real, if you want a successful businessperson. Everybody saw her make her money honestly. And her popularity is off. the. chart. Especially compared to Trump.

In some ways, she's the inevitable next person, the ultimate backlash.

If she decided to run, no one could beat her.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 14th, 2017 at 10:34:25 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Why? She wouldn't win the nomination again.

Let's see....

She ran in 2008 and lost to a relatively unknown rookie Senator. She ran again in 2016 largely unopposed and had a bit of trouble with a largely unknown independent Senator. She then couldn't defeat the worst ever presidential candidate in the history of the world.

Anyone who wants her to run again is an alt-right wingnut
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 14th, 2017 at 10:38:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
Let's see....

She ran in 2008 and lost to a relatively unknown rookie Senator. She ran again in 2016 largely unopposed and had a bit of trouble with a largely unknown independent Senator. She then couldn't defeat the worst ever presidential candidate in the history of the world.

Anyone who wants her to run again is an alt-right wingnut

Yup.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2017 at 10:40:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
Even if Hillary wants to run, she has no power base left.

Her power base remains intact. Well, she lost her puppet at the DNC you you are correct there. But do not think that all the Supers would not vote for her and such. Don't think that all the Hillary fans will not fall right back into line. If she announces, she is the immediate front-runner for the nomination.

Quote:
If the Dems run a woman candidate, it will be Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, or Oprah Winfrey.

I fully expect the Dems to have an identity-politics filter in 2020, and perhaps forever. I don't know that I buy Oprah wants the job.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2017 at 10:41:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Yup.

You libs do not seem to understand the difference between "wanting her to run" and "expecting her to run."
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2017 at 10:41:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
Oprah would be a ridiculous choice.

I agree. I have always found her
her to be one of the most phony,
repulsive people on TV, I can't
watch her for 5min. I've called
her Opie Dopey since the 80's,
her fame has always puzzled me.

My fave Opie period was when
she came on stage with a wheel
barrow of what represented all
the fat she had lost. As soon as
that show ended, she started
pig piling the weight on again
and ended up heavier than ever.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 14th, 2017 at 10:48:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You libs do not seem to understand the difference between "wanting her to run" and "expecting her to run."

A rightie who wants her to run is completely rational. Donald is a weak President who the vast majority of America hates and will have a tough time getting reelected. Of course they want the only woman he could beat to run again.

A rightie who expects her to run is totally delusional.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman