In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 10th, 2018 at 6:55:30 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
The Greatest Manufacturing Jobs Boom in Twenty Years

Over the last 12 months, manufacturers have added 224,000 jobs. That’s the biggest annual gain since 1998, according to Wall Street economist Joe LaVorgna. It wasn’t supposed to be this way. Donald Trump’s promises to bring back manufacturing jobs was widely derided as impossible, and his supporters were mocked as 'suckers'. “Manufacturing jobs are never coming back,” Ben Casselman of FiveThirtyEight declared in the summer of 2016.

So many were so wrong about so
much..

What unnamed spin monster are you quoting now?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 10th, 2018 at 8:06:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
What unnamed spin monster are you quoting now?

https://www.cnbc.com/joseph-lavorgna/

Joe is widely quoted in the financial press—The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and the Financial Times. According to the nationally recognized Appions marketing company, Joe was ranked the #2 most influential economist on Wall Street in 2013.

Ben Casselman is a senior editor and the chief economics writer for FiveThirtyEight.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 12th, 2018 at 6:33:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
There is a special election in PA tomorrow in a district Donald won by 20 points.

Apparently the race is a complete tossup. However, we all know *certain* righties will claim this is a devastating blow to Dems if the Dem candidate loses tomorrow (in a district Donald won by 20).

The funny thing is: the race is completely irrelevant. Thanks to the recent PA Supreme Court gerrymandering ruling, this district will cease to exist once the new congressional map goes into effect in November.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 12th, 2018 at 10:42:54 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Elizabeth Warren Refuses DNA test to Prove Native American Heritage

Fauxcahotas has done the DNA test
privately and had it come back negative,
I'm sure. If this was a right wing nutjob
the press would have long ago hounded
them into seclusion. But a Leftie can
be whatever they want and it's just fine.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/elizabeth-warren-refuses-dna-test-to-prove-native-american-heritage/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 12th, 2018 at 12:10:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Fauxcahotas has done the DNA test
privately and had it come back negative,
I'm sure.

"I'm sure"

LOL

Reminds me of when Donald adds "Believe me" to the end of one of his lies.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 12th, 2018 at 12:30:40 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288
Kathy Griffin Announces She's Going Back on Tour in U.S.

The first two shows will be at Carnegie Hall and the Kennedy Center. I can't wait till she comes to my neck of the woods, I WILL be buying a ticket. I bet she'll sell out more shows than ever!
yeah right u be the only one there brotha LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
March 12th, 2018 at 12:38:53 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
There is a special election in PA tomorrow in a district Donald won by 20 points.

Apparently the race is a complete tossup. However, we all know *certain* righties will claim this is a devastating blow to Dems if the Dem candidate loses tomorrow (in a district Donald won by 20).

related: http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/democrat-holds-slight-lead-in-congressional-district-trump-won-by-20-points/

But some wingnuts will claim it is a devastating defeat for the Democrats if they win the election tomorrow.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 12th, 2018 at 2:20:40 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Helicopter pilot whose craft suffered in-flight engine failure and who auto-rotated into the East River (a tidal estuary) was the only one to survive the crash due largely to being the only one to free himself from his seatbelt. He suggested a passengers bag inadvertently activated the fuel cutoff switch though if he realized this it seems strange he did not restore the fuel flow and re-start his over heated engine. All passengers were young and athletic but all were very tightly strapped in for some reason.

One of several floats failed to inflate and so helicopter did not float but eventually turned turtle and drifted from 74th street area to 23rd street area. Firemen liberated the corpses by cutting the seat belts rather than unbuckling them.
March 12th, 2018 at 2:52:29 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Bachelorette (Hen Party) in Dubai for eight females. Plane believed enroute to Turkey and later to London.

Witnesses say plane was in flames before landing but they always say that and it is usually wrong.

Whatever happened took place at altitude and I seem to recall any Bombardier having trouble usually at med thirties altitude ... pitot icing?

36,000 feet then sudden steep descent

Minimum Off Route Altitude which gives 1,000 foot terrain clearance was 12,500 but plane did not level off so it may well have been unable to but if there had been an explosive decompression cockpit oxygen may have failed (I seem to recall that is a concern in Bombarier planes). But 12,500 is enough for independent breathing and a steep fast descent from 36,000 is too quick for the pilots to pass out from hypoxia.
March 12th, 2018 at 4:45:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Fleastiff
All passengers were young and athletic but all were very tightly strapped in for some reason.

Supposedly lots of people who go into water in their cars, in their panic don't realized they need to unbuckle. And of course, the confusion in not understanding why you can't exit increases the panic. So in cases, where there is limited time to get out, some people drown buckled in.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?