In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 26th, 2018 at 7:11:49 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So will a comprehensive dilating eye exam
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2018 at 8:17:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
"Cocaine and crack cocaine: the body will react by dilating the pupils."
Guess I had it backwards. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wd4ymw/can-you-tell-what-drugs-someones-on-just-by-looking-at-their-eyes-876
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 27th, 2018 at 1:09:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Get a guaranteed job at Tesla. (or at least until Duffman's prediction of it going under I guess)

Quote:
Today, Tesla officially announced the Tesla START program, a 12-week training program aimed at providing students with the technical skills they need to join the ranks of the electric car manufacturer.

Students chosen for the program earn a wage from Tesla while attending classes (the company wouldn't comment on how much), and those who earn grades of 80 percent or higher are guaranteed a job at a Tesla service center after graduation.

"We're working with some of the best automotive education programs in the country to educate students on electric vehicle technology and our unique approach to customer service to prepare them for a career at Tesla," a company spokesperson told CNBC Make It. "Students graduate with a full-time job, certification and the skills necessary to succeed in the growing electric vehicle industry."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/want-to-work-at-tesla-this-program-will-guarantee-you-a-job-after-graduation/ar-BBKJJfZ?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 27th, 2018 at 2:24:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Not that it matters, but I believe go fast drugs, like speed, coke or meth, cause the pupils to go pinpoint. They also make people so they can't sit still, twitchy and itchy.

Go slow drugs like downers, heroin, alcohol, cause pupils to dilate.

We had a girl on our crew once who had the pinpoint ones. We all wondered what it was. She was the kind who was friendly but just seemed weird. She had cancer, probably because she smoked like an old VW Rabbit. One day I had an eye exam so I asked the doc. He didn't even have to think, he just said, "HEROIN." I didn't realize how many people were hooked back then so asked if it could be her cancer drugs. He whatevered me about it. But looking back she was probably on it, there were other clues.
The President is a fink.
March 27th, 2018 at 4:46:31 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Some miscellaneous comments:

Its "peers' not 'piers'.

Drug users do not necessarily see drug use as 'wrong'. There is a common vocabulary and orientation and often common themes. That is why rehab never works. People leave rehab and return to their old neighborhoods and druggie friends as 'outsiders'. See: Slackers, Trainspotting, Stella Does Tricks, etc. I knew one drug counselor who was conducting meetings while high and all his attendees knew it.

Most people on drugs don't turn 'on' they turn 'off'. Their brains hurt when off drugs so whether its an Upper or Downer is simply a matter of choice. Living in a Third World Economy with First World Dreams creates a market for drugs and it doesn't much matter which drugs are most readily available. It starts with alcohol, progresses to wife beating and then it progresses to whatever type of drug is most plentiful locally.

Until Fentanyl most heroin users were addicted to the needle, not the heroin which is why a term in jail would rehab them just as readily as a term in a formal rehab program. Eighty percent of them were not really addicts medically, just socially. They could quit if they wanted to but why should they want to? The needle represented the only control they had over their lives.

Even after Fentanyl most of these First Responders getting instantly stoned are pure media myths.
March 27th, 2018 at 10:40:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So Stormy is gone already? Even Morning Joe,
the asshat who hates Trump's guts, said the
Stormy interview was a nothing burger. All that
build up for what, one time sex and her word
that some stranger threatened her in a parking
lot?

All week the lawyer was promising bombshells
in the interview, and when asked bombshell
questions, her answer was to 'ask my lawyer'?
We got rope a doped.

Stormy sailed in, unloaded her tiny cargo, and
has sailed off into the sunset.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 27th, 2018 at 10:46:36 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
So Stormy is gone already? Even Morning Joe,
the asshat who hates Trump's guts, said the
Stormy interview was a nothing burger. All that
build up for what, one time sex and her word
that some stranger threatened her in a parking
lot?

All week the lawyer was promising bombshells
in the interview, and when asked bombshell
questions, her answer was to 'ask my lawyer'?
We got rope a doped.

Stormy sailed in, unloaded her tiny cargo, and
has sailed off into the sunset.

You wish. There's evidence. They're not revealing everything they have yet.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 27th, 2018 at 10:55:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: beachbumbabs
You wish. There's evidence. They're not revealing everything they have yet.

LOL, and you're falling for it. Like a talking
head said yesterday, you unload all you have
in the first interview, otherwise nobody will
watch the second one. That was all she had.
The parking lot thing she obviously made up,
and Trump's attorney didn't pay her with
campaign money. Only broke morons like
John Edwards do that..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 27th, 2018 at 10:58:43 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The accusation isn't that she was paid with campaign money, it is that the money she was paid with amounts to an illegal campaign contribution.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 27th, 2018 at 11:00:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
The accusation isn't that she was paid with campaign money, it is that the money she was paid with amounts to an illegal campaign contribution.

Good luck with that..