In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 23rd, 2018 at 5:35:48 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
A dilute nerve gas is an insecticide; a concentrated insecticide is a nerve gas.

It takes several hours of sustained exposure for an insecticide to do the trick but it takes only moments for a nerve agent to make the results inevitable.
March 23rd, 2018 at 6:02:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The Father attacked by Putin can not communicate but is believed able to experience pain.
The Daughter is also believed capable of experience intense and protracted pain and is not able to communicate in an effective manner.
Symptoms are expected to last for years.
March 23rd, 2018 at 6:16:15 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Fleastiff
The Father attacked by Putin can not communicate but is believed able to experience pain.
The Daughter is also believed capable of experience intense and protracted pain and is not able to communicate in an effective manner.
Symptoms are expected to last for years.

Didn't somebody up thread pooh pooh this attack as no big deal because nobody died?

What a horrible result. They might as well be dead if they're near-vegetative.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 23rd, 2018 at 6:26:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: beachbumbabs
Didn't somebody up thread pooh pooh this attack as no big deal because nobody died?
What I pooh pooh'd, not that it makes a spit of difference is that people believe that of out of all the ways the KGB has proved they could kill you, that is pure stupidity to think that they would use a nerve agent that points directly at them. If Ivan wanted them dead, they would be DEAD. Still no proof is there?

Putin has repeatedly asked for a chance to test the evidence, which afaik hasn't been shown to anyone.

I produced enough evidence for reasonable doubt. It does seem your mind is made up. Did you even look at the arguments that I linked?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 23rd, 2018 at 8:19:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
What I pooh pooh'd, not that it makes a spit of difference is that people believe that of out of all the ways the KGB has proved they could kill you, that is pure stupidity to think that they would use a nerve agent that points directly at them. If Ivan wanted them dead, they would be DEAD. Still no proof is there?

Putin has repeatedly asked for a chance to test the evidence, which afaik hasn't been shown to anyone.

I produced enough evidence for reasonable doubt. It does seem your mind is made up. Did you even look at the arguments that I linked?

My view of the world is very pessimistic.
There are a lot of people in the world that are selfish, cruel and lie
I have no doubt Putin is one of those people.
I have no doubt he ordered the poisoning.
Is there some legal doubt, of course.
I also firmly believe that power corrupts.

You seem to need legal evidence in order to believe the worst in somebody.
My bar is not that high
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2018 at 9:05:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
My theory is exact opposite of Petros. Blatant use of a Russian agent is Putin's way of giving the finger to anyone who wants to threaten him and that he isn't really that worried about anyone being able to convict him. As long as he doesn't make it so obvious as to bring a world court against him, he figures he's fine.

That fits his personality, IMO.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2018 at 9:09:40 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
My view of the world is very pessimistic.
I will see your pessimistic and raise you one cynical.

Quote:
There are a lot of people in the world that are selfish, cruel and lie
I have no doubt Putin is one of those people.
I have no doubt he ordered the poisoning.
Putin is KGB, a trained killer. I have no doubt he has killed and tortured, but I also believe that now he is ruler of Russia he is also a pragmatist. He had no reason to kill Skripal. He had been in a Russian prison and was released. Putin isn't going to risk a war over one Ivan. Putin is a master chess player. Talk about playing 3D chess. He has schooled Obama and now Trump in Syria, where incidentally a chem lab was found last week in an ISIS camp. Isis hates Putin, I think it much more likely this is a false flag. It's no secret May hates him. Porton down, Britain's chem weapons lab is just a few miles from the incidence. They have samples of every nerve agent that was in Russia's arsenal. Que bono, not Vlad.

Quote:
I also firmly believe that power corrupts.
It also attracts the corruptible.

Quote:
My bar is not that high
It seems high? Being a dead head and all. You freely meet up with wov'ers, golf around. Your not racist, wtf, give yourself some kudos.
You defend women's rights, etc, protect the muslims. Your bar is high enough. I don't think you go around hating people without cause.
March 23rd, 2018 at 9:37:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
Your not racist, wtf, give yourself some kudos..

Horse pucky, everybody is racist to some
extent. Especially the people who say
or think they aren't racist, often they
are the most racist of all. Truly non
racist people never think or talk
about it.

For instance, take polo as an example.
I know nothing about polo, not for
it or against it, I never think about it.
It can go on forever as far as I'm
concerned. If you have this attitude
about different kinds of people, you
aren't a racist. If you have opinions
about different races, good or bad, you
are a racist.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 23rd, 2018 at 9:56:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
Horse pucky, everybody is racist to some
extent. Especially the people who say
or think they aren't racist, often they
are the most racist of all. Truly non
racist people never think or talk
about it.

For instance, take polo as an example.
I know nothing about polo, not for
it or against it, I never think about it.
It can go on forever as far as I'm
concerned. If you have this attitude
about different kinds of people, you
aren't a racist. If you have opinions
about different races, good or bad, you
are a racist.
To some degree, yes everyone has some tribalism.
March 23rd, 2018 at 10:35:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/hackers-demanding-bitcoin-ransom-attack-atlanta-city-computers-070319746.html