In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 22nd, 2018 at 9:54:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
So what you are saying is most Americans cannot accept the reality that a wall is part of border security?

A wall IS border security. It doesn't stop
illegals, but it sure as hell is a major
deterrent. Like a security system can't
stop your home from being broken
into, but it sure is a deterrent. Every
mile of the border that has a fence
or wall, illegal crossings have dropped
95% there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 23rd, 2018 at 2:39:26 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Alexa told a UK user to "kill your foster parents" and a parrot used Alexa to play his favorite movies.

source is /.
December 25th, 2018 at 7:16:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Did Clinton or Obama “proudly” take ownership of those shutdowns like donald did?

12/11/2018: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down." -DJT

The shutdown will be on DJT because he just isn't smart enough to phrase things the right way.
Why couldn't he have said this....

"My fellow Americans, when you elected me your president you did so based on my promise to you of a more secure border, and specifically a new border wall. Unfortunately, the House and Senate have not enabled me to fulfill my promise to you as of yet. I have given them 2 years to work this out and unfortunately they have failed. Sadly, the only tool I have left is to threaten, and if necessary, eventually cause what is called a 'Government shutdown". This will cause some hardships, but unfortunately it now appears it is the only way for me to fulfill my promise to you of a more secure border. I ask you all to personally contact your elected representatives and ask them to send me a budget bill that includes funds for our much needed border wall. Thank you."
December 26th, 2018 at 12:27:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Beware those hot tubs. /. reports that thousands of them are easily hacked by anyone, anywhere since have insecure maintenance connections to the internet, often unknown to the buyer.
December 27th, 2018 at 1:13:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
DOW went up 1100 yesterday, was down 500
this morning and down all day, till the last
hour when it closed up 282.

Is this Trump's fault? All the media was screaming
it was his fault for the correction lately. So
this must be his fault also.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 27th, 2018 at 2:40:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Is this Trump's fault? All the media was screaming
it was his fault for the correction lately. So
this must be his fault also.

My 401k is still way down for the year. That certainly ain’t Obama’s or Hillary’s fault!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 27th, 2018 at 4:19:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
My 401k is still way down for the year.

Who's fault is it that the people
you picked to manage it are
incompetent. If your 401k only
makes money if the market hits
30K, I'd find another manager.

People are Bragging About Becoming 401(k) Millionaires

"The latest sign of investor euphoria: sharing 401(k) balances online has become a thing"
December 27th, 2018 at 5:11:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
My 401k is still way down for the year. That certainly ain’t Obama’s or Hillary’s fault!

What was it at last year on December 27th, 2017? Most of my investments are about even from a year ago. They are down from the highs this year but not down over the whole year.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 28th, 2018 at 11:49:39 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Interesting article about a German U-boat sunk off the North Carolina coast revealed in detail by a NOAA laser survey.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2018/12/27/german-sub-sank-years-ago-now-its-story-is-being-revealed-eerie-fluorescent-detail/?utm_term=.561ec7debbf7

This quote kinda stood out.
Quote:
U-576 remains the property of the German government, but the United States has agreed to care for it, NOAA has said.

Are you kidding me? A Nazi sub sunk in 1942, 35 miles off the US coast? The Germans can pound sand. What to you suppose its mission was? Wait until Trump hears about this.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 28th, 2018 at 12:03:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JimRockford
Interesting article about a German U-boat sunk off the North Carolina coast revealed in detail by a NOAA laser survey.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2018/12/27/german-sub-sank-years-ago-now-its-story-is-being-revealed-eerie-fluorescent-detail/?utm_term=.561ec7debbf7

This quote kinda stood out.

Are you kidding me? A Nazi sub sunk in 1942, 35 miles off the US coast? The Germans can pound sand. What to you suppose its mission was? Wait until Trump hears about this.

Its a grave to be respected.
Dive and look but dont disturb the grave
Most divers are very ethical of not disturbing any remains regardles of what side the sailor was on.
These remains should get as much respect as the remains of US soldiers buried in Europe
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"