In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 29th, 2018 at 2:23:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In fact it's much easier to prove or disprove with pretty good certainty what the immediate/day/week effects of any vaccine with a blind study. What's harder is knowing a long term effect.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 29th, 2018 at 2:41:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’ve never had the flu. I’ve gotten a flu shot twice in my life (second time being this year). My shoulder was sore for like a day at the injection site. Felt like it does after a big workout.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 29th, 2018 at 3:53:33 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Sorry, I forgot the disclaimer that my experience wasn't submitted as "proof". Just sharing an anecdote, and highlighting that at least for me, it's a bit pathological and beyond logic. I'm vaxxed up pretty much, and would likely go further if I went sailing in Africa or some mess.

But foh with that flu shot. I will cut you.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 29th, 2018 at 5:19:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
Sorry, I forgot the disclaimer that my experience wasn't submitted as "proof". Just sharing an anecdote, and highlighting that at least for me, it's a bit pathological and beyond logic. I'm vaxxed up pretty much, and would likely go further if I went sailing in Africa or some mess.

But foh with that flu shot. I will cut you.

: )

I send you a king size memory foam mattress in a box to deliver uphill in the snow.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 29th, 2018 at 5:23:31 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have the flu right now and suicide seems like a viable option.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 29th, 2018 at 5:36:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I have the flu right now and suicide seems like a viable option.

Men hate it when we're sick, we think
we're dying. It's because we aren't
strong when we're ill, and feeling weak
must mean we're near the end..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 29th, 2018 at 6:30:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Men hate it when we're sick, we think
we're dying. It's because we aren't
strong when we're ill, and feeling weak
must mean we're near the end..

Men don't like being sick but we also hate going to the doctor. I know I hate both. I have had a stuffed nose from hell for about two weeks now, I will not even go to the pharmacy clinic. Last time I broke down and went to the clinic after five minutes they sent me to the E/R. Clinic did not even charge me, said I was too sick for them. I dragged myself to work that night but the other guys took mercy and picked up the slack.
The President is a fink.
December 29th, 2018 at 6:55:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Men don't like being sick but we also hate going to the doctor. I know I hate both. I have had a stuffed nose from hell for about two weeks now, I will not even go to the pharmacy clinic. Last time I broke down and went to the clinic after five minutes they sent me to the E/R. Clinic did not even charge me, said I was too sick for them. I dragged myself to work that night but the other guys took mercy and picked up the slack.
How many of them were you able to infect?

I hate it when people that sick come in and give it to everyone else.

Did you also have sick leave that you weren't willing to use?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 29th, 2018 at 8:35:59 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
How many of them were you able to infect?

I hate it when people that sick come in and give it to everyone else.

Did you also have sick leave that you weren't willing to use?

Get me f#$%ing started on this...

4 days ago the PM stands up and commends all who "toughed it out" and came in fighting an illness. I called him...names and stuff, like who doesn't understand this stuff by now?

Just this freaking morning, another stand up talk about how far too many people are calling in sick and it's going to be addressed by management.

I have no words for these people.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 30th, 2018 at 12:32:00 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
Get me f#$%ing started on this...

4 days ago the PM stands up and commends all who "toughed it out" and came in fighting an illness. I called him...names and stuff, like who doesn't understand this stuff by now?

Just this freaking morning, another stand up talk about how far too many people are calling in sick and it's going to be addressed by management.

I have no words for these people.
I have to back stroke on this . There were a couple times I went to work ridiculously sick. Circumstances dictate.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW