Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I've known so many men who got
into collecting and repairing things
like watches, model trains, old radios,
cameras, took up making knives or
jewelry. It takes over the basement
and the wives never go down there.

That can be kind of an unspoken deal. A guy I worked with told me when a guy gets married if he is smart he will just let the wife decorate however she wants. The man-cave thing is a kind of line in the sand, last refuge. If his buddies come over, it is there that they stay. Even with this many wives feel they are competing with his hobby.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2016 at 7:51:33 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: FrGamble
Dude that is such BS. All of these religions and every culture that has ever existed has a concept of sin.
I don't know if every culture has had a concept of sin. I think every culture has a concept of right and wrong, a sense of morality and shared values, but I don't think you should elevate that to 'sin' since that implies the culture has both a belief in a God and a belief in a religion.

The Spice Trade, the South Seas Bubble, the Tulip Bulb Mania were all in cultures that had a belief in finding wealth and ultimate luxury, sort of 'getting rich is going to a materialistic Heaven in the here and now'; sort of the same thing as a belief in dying and going to an actual Heaven. The madness of crowds persists in some short term illusions and many long term illusions. Post death is by definition long term. Can't be proven or disproven.

You talk about betting your eternal life, but most religions and religious people only want to bet other people's lives. Endless attempts to litigate abortion clinics out of existence is a conspiracy to dictate other peoples lives, not their own.
May 14th, 2016 at 7:57:18 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
Even with this many wives feel they are competing with his hobby.
That is because the female is by nature a leech and by training more of a parasite that engulfs its host rather than being subtle and living off it. The man cave represents freedom and individuality but the wife wants to be Queen of the entire castle and not have anyone with strength to bring down her nest.

The wise couples form a partnership and establish the boundaries early and then respect them, but most women constantly want to 'bonzai tree' their husbands... keep snipping away until he is a grotesque distortion of his former self.
May 14th, 2016 at 7:57:54 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Why would I lie to him and say his life
is empty and without hope? Where did
you come up with this twisted view of
the world.

Isn't that your view? Oh wait, I forgot you might whisper to this young kid that he is doomed to be eternally reincarnated and live out this suffering over and over for all time without end. Man, talk about twisted views!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2016 at 8:31:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
Where does it say in the bible that suicide is a sin? I have asked this before. .

Keep asking. The Bible, OT and NT, is silent
on the subject. It never says suicide is wrong,
not even Jesus talked about it. Some will
tell you it under the you shall not murder
commandment, but that's baloney. Suicide
is not self murder, and those who say it
is, or that's it's a crime, are just ignorant.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2016 at 8:35:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Isn't that your view?

My view is he's 3 years old and should be
told his mom loves him and he'll be OK.
Which he will eventually. You just can't
imagine atheists can be compassionate
because of YOUR twisted views. Nothing
comes from a god who isn't there, it
all comes from us. I'm exactly equal to
you in the compassion dept.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2016 at 8:48:38 PM permalink
FrGamble
My view is he's 3 years old and should be
told his mom loves him and he'll be OK.
Which he will eventually. You just can't
imagine atheists can be compassionate
because of YOUR twisted views. Nothing
comes from a god who isn't there, it
all comes from us. I'm exactly equal to
you in the compassion dept.

I do expect you to be and I know atheists to be very compassionate. And I'm glad you will say such kind things to the boy even thought you don't think it is true. Again atheism offers nothing to this poor boy or the world in which these things sadly happen.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2016 at 8:49:56 PM permalink
FrGamble
Some will
tell you it under the you shall not murder
commandment, but that's baloney. Suicide
is not self murder, and those who say it
is, or that's it's a crime, are just ignorant.

I'm curious why isn't suicide self-murder? Homicide is killing another man. Suicide is killing one self if we are just looking at the etymology of the words.
May 14th, 2016 at 9:01:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Homicide is killing another man.
Are you now using killing and murdering interchangeably?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 14th, 2016 at 9:21:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Again atheism offers nothing to this poor boy or the world .

Christianity offers empty promises that have no
basis in reality. Pie in the sky nonsense. Lying
to people by treating urban legends like they're
truth. There's no evidence that a word of your
religion is true. Doesn't that bother you?