Confessional

May 14th, 2016 at 11:11:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
One thing I do know is that an insect is not as important as a human being.

That's because you have a warped narcissistic view
if the universe. Does the universe treat you one whit
better than it does a spider? Does the universe give
you more breaks than it does any insect or animal
on the planet? The universe doesn't play favorites.
A spider in every way is equal in importance to you.
Just because you've invented a god to lift yourself,
in your mind, to lofty perches in the clouds, doesn't
mean reality has changed. Tell that 3 year old in Africa
who will die today because of a mosquito bite, that
he is more important in the universe than the mosquito
who killed him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2016 at 11:29:08 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Tell that 3 year old in Africa
who will die today because of a mosquito bite, that
he is more important in the universe than the mosquito
who killed him.

After you tell him that the mosquito that bit him is just as important as he is and that his life is meaningless, empty, and without hope I will gladly come by and tell him the truth. That his life is of inestimable value and that the inequality and greed of other human beings that have left him to die from a freaking mosquito without any healthcare will NOT have the last word. He will be embraced by a loving God and never have to suffer such injustice and poverty again. Now I can see why you think suicide is honorable it is the only solution for an atheist. So sad, so very sad - how can you believe such nonsense?!?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2016 at 12:00:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
After you tell him that the mosquito that bit him is just as important as he is and that his life is meaningless, empty, and without hope

Why would I lie to him and say his life
is empty and without hope? Where did
you come up with this twisted view of
the world. Oh, that's right, you were
brainwashed from birth to think your
invented god is the only way. It's like
you're in a prison of your own making
and you've thrown away the key.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2016 at 12:39:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
...Now I can see why you think suicide is honorable it is the only solution for an atheist.
Go on down to any Oncology waiting room and see all the old people, who had to be Med transported, on oxygen and rolled into the waiting room for more Chemo. These old duffers are over 100k per year, just for the Chemo alone. That's not transport, hospice, and every other expense the state will pay for, blind to the suffering of all future generations. Are you saying that is honorable, and choosing when you are go, and be judged if that were the case is less honorable than these old people who will contribute nothing to society sucking every last dollar out of the medical system?

If these spent people put a gun to their head and god judges them, he would thank them for getting out of the way so younger healthy productive and re productive people could live. Unless God is on the side of big Pharma and the AMA.

Quote:
....the inequality and greed of other human beings that have left him to die from a freaking mosquito without any healthcare ...
You are correct about the greed, but consider above. One hundred k per year per fading person would buy a lot of quinine. Life is hard, and some choices are tough but this Kumbaya stuff is unrealistic.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 14th, 2016 at 1:03:04 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: petroglyph

You are correct about the greed, but consider above. One hundred k per year per fading person would buy a lot of quinine. Life is hard, and some choices are tough but this Kumbaya stuff is unrealistic.

What is unrealistic about relieving the suffering of those who are dying. We don't all have to choose chemo and other extraordinary means of treatment. Just because someone is sick doesn't mean we should just kill them. They can make choices with their family about their care and a very viable choice is to forgo treatment that will not work, is too costly, or is too taxing on the body. This isn't suicide it is natural death.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2016 at 1:19:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
This isn't suicide it is natural death.

If suicide wasn't natural we wouldn't
be able to do it. Hemingway killed
himself because his life was over.
Two plane crashes with head injuries
had taken his talent away from him.
He was bi-polar and depressed all
the time. Everything he loved in life
was gone, so he ended it. Good for
him.
May 14th, 2016 at 1:20:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote:
=FrGamble Just because someone is sick doesn't mean we should just kill them.
So which part of suicide is killing them? Remember the poor sick mosquito bit kid in Africa.

Quote:
They can make choices with their family
Do you prefer that a person not be given the respect to choose the time and method of their own death? You won't even let a person be the one who decides when they have suffered enough? Where does it say in the bible that suicide is a sin? I have asked this before. See, that is what happens when you dance around and refuse to answer direct questions.

You apparently prefer spending millions of dollars on people that are barely even conscious, rather than help a kid with Malaria.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 14th, 2016 at 2:28:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: petroglyph
So which part of suicide is killing them? Remember the poor sick mosquito bit kid in Africa.

Again with the mosquitoes. Please stop the stupidity. Kill all the freaking mosquitoes if you want to save a human child.

Quote:
Do you prefer that a person not be given the respect to choose the time and method of their own death?

What is respectful about killing yourself? What you mean to say is do I prefer to tell people that their lives really aren't that important anymore and you should just kill yourself. Save everyone a lot of time and money will you? What happens then to a mentally challenged child or someone that has a fatal disease that wants to live? Should we forcibly kill them because according to you they are a drain on our resources? I respect people enough to make their own decisions as to choose the time and method of their healthcare. As far as choosing the time and method of their death that is a dangerous and slippery slide to get on.

Quote:
You won't even let a person be the one who decides when they have suffered enough?

Of course I do! Don't you know that there are lots of ways, thank God, that we can alleviate the suffering of a person without killing them. No one every HAS TO undergo experimental, expensive, or invasive procedures just to stay alive for a few more days, months, or years. How about you let them make the decision when they have suffered enough without killing them.

Quote:
You apparently prefer spending millions of dollars on people that are barely even conscious, rather than help a kid with Malaria.

You apparently prefer to put words in my mouth and create a strawman argument. You couldn't be more wrong about me.
May 14th, 2016 at 2:30:46 PM permalink
FrGamble
If suicide wasn't natural we wouldn't
be able to do it.

Again you do not understand natural law. Natural does not mean possible but rather what is moral based on what our very nature and design tell us.

Quote:
Hemingway killed
himself because his life was over.
Two plane crashes with head injuries
had taken his talent away from him.
He was bi-polar and depressed all
the time. Everything he loved in life
was gone, so he ended it. Good for
him.

It was more likely the bi-polar that killed him wasn't it? I think we know now that suicide is the fatal part of the disease of depression. A disease that is very treatable and doesn't have to be a life sentence.
May 14th, 2016 at 3:07:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Women think a husbands single friends
are a bad influence because they think
the husband will be constantly exposed
to single women friends of the single
guy. Women are insecure and on top
of that, are control freaks.

Ya, if only that were true, all kinds of women around all the time. Rarely happens.
The President is a fink.